• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ioan Gruffudd is better in almost everything else he's in. He's more like Reed in other things, and more commanding, more assertive, more intelligent, more ruthless, more charming etc. He's also much better suited to Reed now than he was back in 2005. He was just written badly.

In his show "Forever", he was very like Reed Richards.
My exact thought when watch Forever was "where the hell was that 12 years ago!?" Those films were okay and could have been great with a better director.

My exact thought when watch Forever was "where the hell was that 12 years ago!?" Those films were okay and could have been great with a better director.

Forever was in 2014, nine years after the first Fantastic Four film.

What are the announced Marvel films and their release dates so far?

What are the announced Marvel films and their release dates so far?
Nothing has been announced but it's looking like
  • Black Widow - May 2020
  • Eternals - November 2020
  • Black Panther 2 Feb 2021
  • Doctor Strange 2 May 2021
  • Shang-Chi November 2021
  • Guardians 3 May 2022
I'd assume another Spider-Man film, Captain Marvel 2 and Ant-Man 3 would be in there somewhere too. Probably Spidey in '21 and then the other sequels in 2022.

The last MCU movie that I know is actually confirmed with a date is Spider-man: Far From Home on 7/5/19 of this year. A lot is coming that we know of and even stuff we don’t know yet, but no dates revealed until after Endgame most likely.

Feels like a whole new world has opened up for Marvel. A plethora of cosmic characters and villains at their disposal. Things will pick up big time after Endgame

I wonder if they'd retcon MCU Cloak and Dagger into being mutants now if it's picked up for a season 3.

The last MCU movie that I know is actually confirmed with a date is Spider-man: Far From Home on 7/5/19 of this year. A lot is coming that we know of and even stuff we don’t know yet, but no dates revealed until after Endgame most likely.
Correct. We'll get something at SDCC or D23, but it's pretty much guaranteed to be Widow and Eternals next year. After that is pretty much anybody's guess, but I have a good hunch we'll get sequels to Black Panther and Strange in 2021

I wonder if they'd retcon MCU Cloak and Dagger into being mutants now if it's picked up for a season 3.

What about Scarlet Witch and possibly Quicksilver? He is wasted now that Marvel have all the mutants back. Whedon shouldn't have killed him off.

Agreed. It's one of my favourite movies from the 80s (and it's message is so important, now more than ever)

Enemy Mine is an underrated and forgotten gem for sure. The whole "Mickey Mouse" schtick in that movie seems oddly appropriate now as well.

What about Scarlet Witch and possibly Quicksilver? He is wasted now that Marvel have all the mutants back. Whedon shouldn't have killed him off.

He could always come back as a hallucination if Feige gives us House of M.

Feige, I know you got Doom and Galactus BUT PLEASE give us HOUSE OF M down the line! And you can twist it by having Wanda say "No More Avengers" to give us more mutant movies!

I am a bigger fan of AoA, so I'd rather see that than House of M. I don't think they'd do both given they're similar concepts.

He could always come back as a hallucination if Feige gives us House of M.

Good God, Feige, I know you got Doom and Galactus BUT PLEASE GIVE US HOUSE OF M and you can twist it by having Wanda say "No More Avengers".

Why couldn't she have just said "No more Thanos"? That would've ended the battle with Thanos.

But maybe she can say "No more Fox" or "No more Kinberg". :o

I am a bigger fan of AoA, so I'd rather see that than House of M. I don't think they'd do both given they're similar concepts.

Well that would give us Nate Grey. I'd be here for it.

And be confused as hell to see him and Cable and Bishop and all their future dramas.

Why couldn't she have just said "No more Thanos"? That would've ended the battle with Thanos.

But maybe she can say "No more Fox" or "No more Kinberg". :o

I think she already cast the 'No more Fox' spell.

6490736-tumblr_p722iaq8wh1v4j2x1o1_1280.gif

Harsh emotions and sierious situations are dealt with regularly in the MCU. Feige & co. don't shy away from showing the extreme fallout of personality differences and misbehavior. If the rebooted FF starts out as an origin story, it would make sense for Ben to still be angry about how Reed's miscalculation and rash decision destroyed hs life. It should still be an issue between them even if the team has been together for a while when they are introduced.
I'm not saying they'll avoid it necessarily but I do think they won't focus on it that much. Thing will still be bummed over his appearance in the MCU which could lead to him lashing out at Reed from time to time but I don't think the MCU will dwell on that much on it like the early comics did in order to prevent the drama from bogging down the film. Marvel Studios would want balance.

Case in point: Tony Stark's alcoholism isn't all that touched upon the in MCU( Banner isn't as depression-prone as the comics version, especially in the Avengers films). Hence I don't see MCU Ben as being as angry as the early comics version.

Banner was pretty close in Incredible Hulk to the comic version. There was even a deleted suicide attempt

Banner was pretty close in Incredible Hulk to the comic version. There was even a deleted suicide attempt

That film almost seems pre MCU now. It almost belongs in a different era.

We need a similar teaser at SDCC, but about F4 or the mutants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"