• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot is toast now since it’s a Disney property?

Maybe Buffy can be in the MCU now and be Cyclops’s cousin like Joss was going to set up in his X-Men comic lol

Now do Kinberg. :meanie:

What irritates me is people aiming their anger at Disney about it, when in reality the Murdochs deserve the hate, if any. People act like Disney performed a hostile takeover, but the Murdochs decided to offload TCF themselves. Hell, Disney isn't a simple movie studio anymore but at least they're not a telecommunications giant (who were the only other people interested, by the way). I would have preferred TCF stay as they were myself, but if they were going to go away (as the Murdochs decided it), then it's better in the hands of another entertainment company as opposed to becoming yet another arm of a corporation that can ACTUALLY affect your life. Disney may have cruise lines and resorts and all that, but at least they aren't a tech manufacturer or a phone/internet provider.

Where are these people on the subject of AT&T buying Time Warner? Not a peep.

I wonder if the Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot is toast now since it’s a Disney property?

Maybe Buffy can be in the MCU now and be Cyclops’s cousin like Joss was going to set up in his X-Men comic lol

The Buffy reboot didn't sound very appealing anyway.

But Disney aren't going to permanently shelve Buffy anyway, because it was such a hit at the time 20 years ago. They might do something new with it.

Since Fox also owned Beverley Hills 90210, and the 90210-ers and the cast of Buffy all went to the same high school, they could just merge the two.

THS_facade.jpg

Maybe Buffy can meet a student named Dylan McKay. :o

I predicted this. Layoffs are the result of every merger.

It's tough for the people who lost their jobs. However, this is the reality of working for corporations. There's always going to be risks like this involved.

After Disney bought Lucasfilm, LucasArts was shut down and all those people lost their jobs as well.

Anyone who believed this or that wasn't going to happen doesn't understand the true meaning of business as usual.

I also want to know what happened to the guy who was so sure Disney and Fox would make a deal to get control of the X-Men and Fantastic Four before this deal was finalized.

Last edited:
So bitter people feeling like sh*t want everyone else to feel the same!? We all understand about layoffs and it's a shame but there's some positives besides just marvel stuff. It was going to happen anyway. Why be miserable? Fox are the one that sold and accepted deals.

Hey I am happy about the potential of seeing the Marvel Fox characters in the MCU where they belong... But outside of that I too am wary of the potential problems caused by any one entity on a corporate level with so much control over mass media.

But they don’t. Disney is still way behind the tech giants. The studios are floundering.

"So a 45 year old man can see Wolverine join the Avengers" why so personal? And he forgot to mention avenger movies

The immediate job losses may be more visible than the jobs that will be created, but you can bet far more jobs will be created in the long run than will be lost. Disney wouldn't have bought Fox if they didn't think the value of the whole was greater than the value of the parts. And that value means money and money means jobs.

Just think about Fantastic Four. No jobs are being created as that property collects dust at Fox. In Disney's hands, it will be a huge franchise and that means more money and work at movie theaters. More money and work for people making and selling toys, T-Shirts, drinking glasses etc. etc. etc.

And that's just one small part of it. How many jobs are being created related to the new streaming service? But those jobs don't make news. A few lay-offs make news and give condescending tweeters something to feel smug about.

Yeah, but THIS one matters because it's their buddies losing "middle class jobs" like Distribution Chief, Studio Head and Corporate Communications EVP. How can they bribe USC to enrol their idiot kids without these cushy jobs?

I'll take the scenario where thousands of jobs are lost because disney buys Fox and we get a complete marvel universe instead of the scenario with Comcast buying Fox and the same thing happens because comcast is one of the worst companies in the world and their cable and internet services suck.

But they don’t. Disney is still way behind the tech giants. The studios are floundering.

I think that's a bit disingenuous.

Movies, TV, Sports and even news via their network subsidiaries... That's a lot of media content under the control of Disney. We shouldn't be blind to their power to decide what is and is not going to get exposure on the various outlets they control. I say this as someone that is a Center Left guy but let's not pretend this is all hunky dory just because it's no longer a Rupert Murdoch type calling the shots. There may well be future decisions made by Disney with the Marvel characters that have more to do with their overall agenda than what fans might be comfortable with.

I want to see Mutants interact with members of the Avengers too and as a fan for me personally that's a great upside no doubt... But let's not be blind to the issues inherent with such massive consolidation of media power just because we do finally get some fictional character team ups that corporate rights issues previously prevented.

"So a 45 year old man can see Wolverine join the Avengers" why so personal? And he forgot to mention avenger movies

1. It's not the fans fault
2. Looking at the dude's credits, who is he to be throwing shade at Marvel and comic fans? They help give him his salary.

I feel bad for the people who lost their jobs but a few things:

1. Major layoffs and cuts are the result of any merger. It's a harsh reality, but this was inevitable. Anyone who believed it wasn't going to happen was deluding themselves.
2. We've known about this for a while. A lot of employees have had time to prepare for this or should've prepared for this. This merger has been in the works for almost a year and a half.
3. I mean looks there are cons to any sort of corporation. Disney is not exactly free of skeletons in its closet. So if it means that much to you the options are simple. Don't support Disney projects, and don't give them money. If this bothers you so much on principal, you should have nothing to do with Disney/Marvel or ever work with them again.

Anyone who’s ever sat through a phone call with a Comcast cable/internet/phone customer representative knows just how bad things could have been.

And I salute those once tortured souls.

Also, it's not the fault of fans that the Murdochs sold the company. They ran the business in a way that put them into this position.

I mean look plenty of atrocities go on in the world I'm sure plenty of people never give a second thought. Something like this is a blip in the radar in comparison. Someone like Stentz in his position shouldn't be posting such things on social media.

In two years when Marvel can use the netflix characters, if they finally bring them to the MCU films but completly reboot them..who would you like cast?

Scott Eastwood - Matt Murdoch/Daredevil
Chad Coleman or Terry Crews - Luke Cage
Garrett Hedlund - Danny Rand/Iron Fist
Eliza Dushku - Jessica Jones
Oscar Isaac - Frank Castle/The Punisher
Ray Winstone - Wilson Fisk/Kingpin

In two years when Marvel can use the netflix characters, if they finally bring them to the MCU films but completly reboot them..who would you like cast?

Scott Eastwood - Matt Murdoch/Daredevil
Chad Coleman or Terry Crews - Luke Cage
Garrett Hedlund - Danny Rand/Iron Fist
Eliza Dushku - Jessica Jones
Oscar Isaac - Frank Castle/The Punisher
Ray Winstone - Wilson Fisk/Kingpin

No to all of those.

In a perfect world, Sarah Michelle Gellar would’ve been Carol Danvers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"