• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Matt and his crew should be recast, ditto Frank. Danny or Luke I could see. But I would be deflated if they didn't bring back the DD cast in full were a movie done.

So much shade thrown around. It's not just about existing universes. Disney could have offered to just buy the marvel rights if that was the case.

His first half of the post was good and true but the had to throw in the "milking" card

1. It's not the fans fault
2. Looking at the dude's credits, who is he to be throwing shade at Marvel and comic fans? They help give him his salary.

I feel bad for the people who lost their jobs but a few things:

1. Major layoffs and cuts are the result of any merger. It's a harsh reality, but this was inevitable. Anyone who believed it wasn't going to happen was deluding themselves.
2. We've known about this for a while. A lot of employees have had time to prepare for this or should've prepared for this. This merger has been in the works for almost a year and a half.
3. I mean looks there are cons to any sort of corporation. Disney is not exactly free of skeletons in its closet. So if it means that much to you the options are simple. Don't support Disney projects, and don't give them money. If this bothers you so much on principal, you should have nothing to do with Disney/Marvel or ever work with them again.

It's like it took him by surprise and on the 20th he found out he'd be losing his job. I thought only Kinberg was that in the dark about it all.

He should've had plenty of time to look for another job and prepare for it. It's not like this has been happening in secret and none of the Fox employees saw this coming.

So much shade thrown around. It's not just about existing universes. Disney could have offered to just buy the marvel rights if that was the case.

His first half of the post was good and true but the had to throw in the "milking" card

He says that because he's still sensitive about losing Ant Man. Wright didn't want to be part of a larger universe but to have his own little project that he can take years to develop as and when it suits him. That's why he talks about "milking". He thought he'd still get his own isolated sandbox when it came time to actually make Ant Man, even though the MCU had developed much more by then, which is part of why he walked for creative differences.

Last edited:
In two years when Marvel can use the netflix characters, if they finally bring them to the MCU films but completly reboot them..who would you like cast?

Scott Eastwood - Matt Murdoch/Daredevil
Chad Coleman or Terry Crews - Luke Cage
Garrett Hedlund - Danny Rand/Iron Fist
Eliza Dushku - Jessica Jones
Oscar Isaac - Frank Castle/The Punisher
Ray Winstone - Wilson Fisk/Kingpin

Huge no to Scott Eastwood as The Man Without Fear: I really don’t get why people keep fancasting Scott Eastwood in everything. He’s a terrible actor and would be a huge step down from Charlie Cox. Even Foggy’s actor can act circles around him.

I don't think Matt and his crew should be recast, ditto Frank. Danny or Luke I could see. But I would be deflated if they didn't bring back the DD cast in full were a movie done.
My thoughts exactly :up:
I'd like to see a Luke Cage in MCU proper, but if it does, it'll be years from now

Huge no to Scott Eastwood as The Man Without Fear: I really don’t get why people keep fancasting Scott Eastwood in everything. He’s a terrible actor and would be a huge step down from Charlie Cox. Even Foggy’s actor can act circles around him.

Definitely a huge step down from Cox. And D'Onofrio was perfect as Kingpin. Don't see why he can't be retained. He's a movie calibre actor too.

Seems like he's probably still salty about Antman.

Either let guys like Cox, D’onofrio and Bernthal make the jump to the movies or just shelve the characters for a while. Like I’m talking a good 5-10 years. I loved them too much to just get recast for the movies because just Feige and co. didn’t pick them personally.

If Comcast had bought Fox, I wonder if they would be getting hated on as much as the MCU and it's fans are right now by some. I don't know much about Comcast and so I have no idea how good or bad they are but it would have been the same as it is now with layoffs. They could have become way more bigger or powerful than maybe should be.

I wonder if there would be images with their logo in pics all over the internet than Mickey Mouse

My fancast sucks, alright but so anyone willing to share their fancast for anyone like Luke Cage than shutting my list down?

Trevante Rhodes would be a credible Luke Cage. His acting skills are far above Colter’s that’s for damn sure.

I used to want Michael Jai White as Luke Cage but he's like in his late 40's isn't he?

I wonder if the Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot is toast now since it’s a Disney property?

Maybe Buffy can be in the MCU now and be Cyclops’s cousin like Joss was going to set up in his X-Men comic lol

There are a LOT of Buffy/X-Men fanfic that use that plot device, especially since Buffy and Scott share the same last name.

I consider the Buffy/Avengers fanfic canon now, lol.

To be honest fancasts at this stage are a bit pointless as its unlikely anyone we might think of would be considered anyway

Marvel have been canny with their casting choices and most of them have not been anyone on the popular choice radar at all.

To be honest fancasts at this stage are a bit pointless as its unlikely anyone we might think of would be considered anyway

Marvel have been canny with their casting choices and most of them have not been anyone on the popular choice radar at all.
Especially when it comes to the Netflix characters. Chances are we won't see them in the MCU proper anyway

I'm saving him for Bishop, goddamit! But yeah, he'd be an amazing Cage. Colter ain't that great of an actor

I can see it.

To be real with you, and even though I can take or leave him, I could see The Rock playing Bishop too. Just give him some fake hair and he’s all set.

Too bad he plays himself in all his roles.

I made the fancast and post because I'm not sure Disney/Marvel will want to wait the 2 years then continue with new seasons on Disney +. I'm thinking or well hoping Feige will finally decide to use them in the films but then he may want to reboot them with new backstories of his input and control of casting.

I want the cast to continue but I just think Netflix was it for them. I obviously didn't put much thought it my fan cast and just went for what came to my mind

If Comcast had bought Fox, I wonder if they would be getting hated on as much as the MCU and it's fans are right now by some. I don't know much about Comcast and so I have no idea how good or bad they are but it would have been the same as it is now with layoffs. They could have become way more bigger or powerful than maybe should be.

I wonder if there would be images with their logo in pics all over the internet than Mickey Mouse

I suspect what is grinding the gears of those tweeting some shade at us all is that we fans are quite naturally happy about this. If Comcast had bought Fox no-one would have been celebrating it as we are with Disney. They might comment on the layoffs, sad news, etc, but that would be it as there would be nothing else to add in regards Marvel fans being excited about it all..

But they should let it go. The tweets never bothered me anyway.

I can see it.

To be real with you, and even though I can take or leave him, I could see The Rock playing Bishop too. Just give him some fake hair and he’s all set.

Too bad he plays himself in all his roles.
That would have been interesting. Too bad that ship sailed with him as Black Adam

If Black Adam even ever gets made. It's been in development for years and he should be in Shazam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"