• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess it shows how unimportant the market was then(no offense to any Argentinians that may be posting or lurking here).
Our guy in Bueno Aires noted that the country only set up the pre merger notification system last year and is still not effective until the new antitrust body is up and running for a year. So that’s why they are still using that post merger notification.

I was only thinking thank god I am only dealing with the actua deal side of thing not regulators.

yeah fancasting is mostly ridiculous and a fruitless excercise. MS casting usually is way better. that said, fancasting I did in the past on this very message board included RDJ as Iron Man, ScarJo as Black Widow, Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange and Lupta Nyong'o in any role in BP. So its not like Feige and I don't agree from time to time

yeah fancasting is mostly ridiculous and a fruitless excercise. MS casting usually is way better. that said, fancasting I did in the past on this very message board included RDJ as Iron Man, ScarJo as Black Widow, Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange and Lupta Nyong'o in any role in BP. So its not like Feige and I don't agree from time to time
He consults your posts before coming to a final decision. :cwink:

I'd really love if we started seeing Deadpool versions of other Disney trailers, like Aladdin. ..."a whole new world".

I suggested Tom Holland for Spider-Man. Obviously fancasting is more or less, pointless, but it's fun to see who people like for certain roles.

How soon will Fox stuff be incorporated into disney parks and stores? Will be weird when I'm at the mall and pass by the Disney store and see Simpsons, Avatar, Planet of the Apes, etc merch and then Alien or Predator The Ride at DisneyLand/World and Die Hard Stunt Show

Depends on the character and location. Universal Studios still holds the license on a number of characters in Florida, which is why Disney World can't use them. I'm not sure when that license expires.

877ec095a22d1da5c584a02757b8775e.jpg

Depends on the character and location. Universal Studios still holds the license on a number of characters in Florida, which is why Disney World can't use them. I'm not sure when that license expires.

That Marvel license is pretty much in perpetuity. The contract can be found in the SEC's site.

The Simpsons license probably expires and it was probably a 20 year or so license when they signed it to extend it in 2013.

Reactions: MbJ
I do love that section of Islands of Adventure. I sort of hope they keep those rides. I can go to Disneyland for a Marvel world in lieu of Florida to preserve that area

As for when you can expect to see the X-Men and FF start showing up at the California parks, probably not until their movies start coming out. They seem to prioritize movie synergy when it comes to adding new characters. They started having Black Panther and the Dora Milaje doing meet and greets last year in February (same month the movie came out) and they just recently announced Captain Marvel at the end of last month in the lead-up to her movie being released.

What about the Simpsons attractions at Universal Hollywood? What will become of that I wonder?

They're baaaaaaack!

There's a slew of new rumors. To many to post on their profile

Likely will stay there until the contract expires.

There's good possibility for extension too, I think. Disney won't use the Simpsons too much in their property and Universal is doing a tremendous job with it, so why not?

Not sure how much I believe that stuff. There's no way Ethan Hawke does an MCU movie and I highly doubt Shannon would too. They both have gone on record saying as much.

I highly doubt Marvel has that many names and ideas for the Fox characters just yet. Maybe some people they're considering, on a list somewhere, but I doubt it's that far advanced.

Yeah I will only trust that when an actual trade with actual reliable sources like Variety, Deadline, Hollywood Reporter starts reporting Marvell casting/ideas on their actual professional articles on their actual professional sites.

And not a random twitter account who's dumping these reports in the form of 140 character tweets. I greatly question the veracity of that twitter account.

I’ve got similar pics from when I went down to Orlando to visit my bro and one of the coolest experiences of my adult life was seeing a Universal employee in a Rogue costume, and another one in a Storm costume and later taking photos with them. Granted they were in the wrong costumes (!) Rogue was in a brown trench coat as opposed to the bomber and Storm was in her Greg Land threads. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: MbJ
Most of that sounds exactly like the exact sort of nonsense that "scoopers" love to drop. It's essentially a common sense guess anyone could have come to that they're trying to claim is insider info. The best example is "The first X-Men introduced will be Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Jean Grey and Professor X."

You mean Marvel will likely be starting with the team's leader and four of its most popular and recognizable characters?

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"