The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You made the connection to Maximoffs yourself in an earlier post. So why do you accept the X-Gene working that way with mind gem energies, but are so opposed to the exact same thing happening, just because the other weird energy has the words Quantum Realm in it?
Because not only does it make sense to bring Wanda back into the mutant family but it also goes back to the Cosmic origin of mutants in the comics and it can easily be tied to the Eternals for that reason
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-celestial.jpg
These creatures are responsible for the X-Gene. And most importantly, the Infinity explanation is based in evolution. Because the MCU infinity stones are the byproduct of the Big Bang... Which created life. I could easily imagine a scenario where the radiation accelerates natural mutation that was always meant to happen but it's happening much sooner than It's suppose to. Plus it just makes mutants a much bigger deal like they should be - once they are linked to the events of Thanos invasion

The Quantum Realm shenanigans have zero relevance to the X-Men and to mutants in general. The randomness and unnatural connections that are being proposed are what I dislike about it.

didn't say Janet was a mutant. I specifically said I didn't like that idea and mentioned it wasn't necessary... It was one of the 2 main points I mentioned in the post you quoted.
Okay but if they tie the Quantum Realm wouldn't she be considered a mutant?

Hot Take:

What if Feige knew about the Disney/Fox merger months in advance and created two different endings for Endgame or at least multiple end credit scenes. Feige might be thinking so far ahead that he's actually an alternate reality Batman.

It's not far fetched and hopefully close to the truth. It's not like they haven't been moving towards this moment for a year. Plenty of time in just the last month to put something to film. My hope is that we see something. I'd be excited for either FF or XM being teased in some way.

I may be in the minority, but I dont need or want a x-men tease at the end of Endgame. I want Endgame to be its own thing and end with an avengers related after credits scene.

I want Marvel to announce their x-men plans in a different way, either a classic Marvel panel with all the press present,or something else, but I want the X-men to get their first big announcement in a different moment, just "the x-men day" if you get what I mean. not the "avengers premiere day"

That film was just boring Oscar bait and Michael Keaton outacted him in Birdman that year.

That film was just boring Oscar bait and Michael Keaton outacted him in Birdman that year.

Oscar bait? Fair.

Boring? Disagree.

Regardless of Keaton's performance, Redmayne's was still amazing.

Fantastic Four and X-Men are now forever safe and home at Marvel Studios. Now Spidey is the one to worry about. Fingers crossed we don't lose him but man Arad got really vindicated with the immense success of Venom.

The next phase in the “keep hope alive” SHH message boardmatic universe, master vs pupil. Arad vs Feige.

The Xfinity saga has ended, thus begins the Sony Wars.

Those buffoons at Sony are unpredictable but I think they'll play ball for the foreseeable future.

The next phase in the “keep hope alive” SHH message boardmatic universe, master vs pupil. Arad vs Feige.

The Xfinity saga has ended, thus begins the Sony Wars.
Avi Arad and Tom Rothman are the new big bads in this phase after Kinberg/Singer/Fox have been defeated.

God us help us all. Can Spider-Man be saved?

To quote the remaining Avengers, "WHATEVER IT TAKES!"

They better extend Spidey in the MCU beyond Far From Home!

I wouldn't be surprised if they are missing him at their home though and want him for Venom 2 or cameo in Morbius

I think the person worded it badly. I don't think he means that they quote the words of Magneto or quote the X-Mansion. I think he means that they simply mention Magneto or the X-Mansion. That would make more sense.

Where is this casting list for Sue Storm anyway?
It's in that gigantic tweet dump from a page or so back.

Reference, not quoted. Second of all I still don't buy any of those fake ass rumors.

Thirdly, I hope we don't see House of M anytime soon. There's no way they should be doing that story so quickly. For another thing, House of M is NOT a good story. It's a bad story.

Civil War is also a badly written story, but Marvel Studios basically completely re-wrote it for the purposes of their film.

Thanos’ unsnap awakens mutants in the MCU and the general populace is horrified by these people with extraordinary powers who aren’t the Avengers.

It’s a nice way to tie it all back to the Infinity Stones and the ramifications of collecting them all.

Last edited:
You don't have to overthink the mutant aspect. Everyone is. It's not going to be hard, and it's probably not going to get a ton of focus on where they came from or how it started.

Just for example, Scarlett Witch's powers came from the mind gem and not the reality gem. If you wanted House of M one day, wouldn't the reality gem being the source make more sense?

And that is extremely lazy writing of Marvel Studios if the Fantastic Four has been trapped in the Quantum Realm after all this time. It’s so predictable.

Let them be a 80s crew that got stuck in cosmic suspended animation in their spacecraft. The GotG knock them back into Earth’s orbit for their Vol 3 Post credit scene and it leads us to the MCU F4 movie.

You don't have to overthink the mutant aspect. Everyone is. It's not going to be hard, and it's probably not going to get a ton of focus on where they came from or how it started.

Just for example, Scarlett Witch's powers came from the mind gem and not the reality gem. If you wanted House of M one day, wouldn't the reality gem being the source make more sense?
I mean, they're going to have to explain It. Lazily introducing concepts and characters & not explaining or fleshing them out is how we ended up with the incoherent mess that is the Fox-Men timeline. It's bad writing

What’s up with people trying to make the Fantastic Four time travelers from the past?

Can’t they just be simply introduced in the present day without any convoluted time travel nonsense and then we’ll go from there?

Is it that strange to have the Fantastic Four exist in present day after The Avengers and Spider-Man have already been established? What value does them being from the past really have?

Last edited:
I mean, they're going to have to explain It. Lazily introducing concepts and characters & not explaining or fleshing them out is how we ended up with the incoherent mess that is the Fox-Men timeline. It's bad writing

They barely spend any time on Skrulls and Kree in Captain Marvel, or the sorcerers in Doctor Strange.

What’s up with people trying to make the Fantastic Four time travelers from the past?

Can’t they just be simply introduced in the present day without any convoluted time travel nonsense and then we’ll go from there?

Is it that strange to have the Fantastic Four exist in present day after The Avengers and Spider-Man have already been established? What value does them being from the past really have?

It's so easy and comes with none of the issues a lost in time story would have.

I don't understand why people feel there is the need for it.

They barely spend any time on Skrulls and Kree in Captain Marvel, or the sorcerers in Doctor Strange.
They didn't have to. Skrulls are aliens - self explanatory. Sorcerers were explained as being reality warpers who go to different planes of reallty.

The mutant phenomenon directly and indirectly affects every person/human on the entire planet of the MCU. The politics, laws and social norms of the Marvel Universe are informed by mutants. They are ingrained within the societal structure of civilization when they show up.

Something that huge and significant needs to be handled with care and not just lazily thrown into the narrative of the MCU without a proper in-story explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"