The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big day is getting closer for sure.

giphy.gif
Why are you applauding this, Homer? They’re gonna own your ass soon!

Free?!? Free isn't enough- they should be the ones paying the customers for getting that garbage out of their store!

Maybe the FFINO defenders will come along and buy up all the copies. After all, some wanted to see the movie 10 times! :o

European Union - Done
Australia - TBD
Brazil - TBD. Brazil's Globo (apparently monopoly in Brazil's TV, especially soccer is trying to fight it)
Canada - Done
China - Almost Done
India - Done
Israel - TBD
Japan - TBD
Mexico - TBD
Russian Federation - TBD
South Africa - TBD
South Korea - TBD
Taiwan - Done
Turkey - Done
United Kingdom - TBD

European Union - Done
Australia - TBD
Brazil - TBD. Brazil's Globo (apparently monopoly in Brazil's TV, especially soccer is trying to fight it)
Canada - Done
China - Almost Done
India - Done
Israel - TBD
Japan - TBD
Mexico - TBD
Russian Federation - TBD
South Africa - TBD
South Korea - TBD
Taiwan - Done
Turkey - Done
United Kingdom - TBD

That's 10 still outstanding. More than half still left. If the UK had considered itself part of the EU still and weren't trying all this Brexit stuff, then they'd be done too after the EU approved.

That's 10 still outstanding. More than half still left. If the UK had considered itself part of the EU still and weren't trying all this Brexit stuff, then they'd be done too after the EU approved.

Maybe ADollarADay can add additional context, but I would assume some of those "TBD" countries have approved it, but haven't announced it publicly enough for us to check them off the list.

Maybe ADollarADay can add additional context, but I would assume some of those "TBD" countries have approved it, but haven't announced it publicly enough for us to check them off the list.

Right. The ones marked "Done" are the only ones we know for sure. The ones with TBD are the ones we don't know one way or another. I think in this situation we have to think "no news is good news". If Israel, for example, had blocked it we would have heard it. If they quietly passed it then it's not really news so it's not newsworthy.

Iger should update us tomorrow during the quarterly call.

Right. The ones marked "Done" are the only ones we know for sure. The ones with TBD are the ones we don't know one way or another. I think in this situation we have to think "no news is good news". If Israel, for example, had blocked it we would have heard it. If they quietly passed it then it's not really news so it's not newsworthy.

What assets do Disney and Fox have in Israel that make them get approval from there?

If they’re planning on having this thing wrapped up within the first half (or is it first quarter? I’ve heard both) of 2019, I have to believe that they have more than five out of fifteen approvals. Especially considering that this whole thing started last December; if it took eleven months to get five approvals, it just seems unlikely they can get ten more in about six months. There might be a flaw in my reasoning, though.

Because THAT was the worst part of Brexit.

Disney earnings: Investors expect an update on streaming strategy, Fox and Hulu

On Thursday, investors will be looking for further details on Disney’s plans for the new Fox assets. Chief Executive Bob Iger tossed out a few hints during Disney’s third-quarter earnings call, including that Fox’s Searchlight label will likely produce original film and TV for Disney’s streaming service. And in October, Iger announced several top Fox TV executives would be moving to Disney’s TV division.

Sounds like we will indeed get some more detailed updates.

Last edited:
This makes a lot of sense plus it will be well after the Avengers 4 trailer drops. Still a bad move from Sony to negate Disney/Marvel Studios efforts to not spoil Avengers 4.

NwC6pgZE8eLrWD-dfhr6xeGjgzlzP5QZVHA3ROTbeug.jpg

I suspect Brazil is well on the way to being resolved. We heard about that quite a while back, so they've likely been working on it since then. So far Disney has seemed very receptive and cooperative regarding reorganizations to comply with regulator's concerns, so they're probably working with Brazil.

There's zero chance Brazil will derail this.

I wouldn't worry about it will most likely result in Disney having to divest more TV assets in Brazil. Or they just dont approve it and Brazil loses out on Disney doing business there. This is different from the Qualcom deal where a large chunk of their operations were based in China so they had to get approval or it was deal or no deal. Brazil not approving the deal wont stop Disney buying Fox nor any other country denying it. Basically if a country denies the merger they're saying we don't want you to do business here.

I still say we will get some kind of F4 tease at the end of Avengers. Phase 4 is PERFECT for the intro of the F4. I don't know if it will be Galactus tease or something but we will get some kind of tease. Especially if it is based off of Annihilation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"