The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what time does this earnings report happen?

Cool thanks. Any info on the merger I will take!

I think I find out this one recently in that ten days ago South Africa approved it according to page 8 of this document from Competition Commission of South Africa: Document.

I still say we will get some kind of F4 tease at the end of Avengers. Phase 4 is PERFECT for the intro of the F4. I don't know if it will be Galactus tease or something but we will get some kind of tease. Especially if it is based off of Annihilation.

Amen! That's what I keep hoping for...the mid and post credits could easily bring in F4, Doom, Galactus, and even a hint of the mutants...they are multi-talented enough to figure out a way to showcase all of that....a talk on the mutant phenomenon featuring Dr. Reed Richards and Professor Charles Xavier, Surfer in space talking about another planet with plenty of life for his master to devour, and finally, showcasing Latveria and its iron clad ruler

A Dr. Doom post-credits scene would bring the roof down.

sadly ill miss the investors call but i assume someone else will be listening in and update us on the important details.

Since fans are really split on A4 introducing Fox characters (i.e., closing this chapter vs. teasing the future), I think teasing someone like Galactus, Doom, or Namor would be a way to make both sides happy. It would allow Marvel the option to use them as antagonists for pre-existing characters or Fox characters. And since the movies have all really been about the protagonists, there’s not much risk that, say, Captain Marvel 2 would be sidelined for a Doctor Doom movie.

sadly ill miss the investors call but i assume someone else will be listening in and update us on the important details.

Those calls or meetings aren't exactly interesting anyway. The last one we all sat in was over in about 12 minutes. There was some old man who protested, but everyone else generally in agreement.

Just more evidence well get a closure date announcement today.

I think this definitely builds a strong case for a closing date announced today. I'm still considering the chance that we don't get one. Like Dark Raven said, there isn't always a huge development with these things. I don't remember any exciting announcements last time, but I think I might be forgetting something. All in all, though, I think it will be an interesting call for us.

A Dr. Doom post-credits scene would bring the roof down.
Yes it would...I might need my wife and friends to carry a defibrillator on hand to revive me if i see a comic book accurate Doom in the A4 mid/post credit....

Yes it would...I might need my wife and friends to carry a defibrillator on hand to revive me if i see a comic book accurate Doom in the A4 mid/post credit....
No fans are allowed to die if we get that. All deaths banned till at least the end of Phase 12.

Realistically they will have more than enough time after the deal finalizes to film a post credit scene that might reference a fox property.

I don’t think they will, but I won’t bet against them either.

Dark Phoenix is also coming out a month after A4, so it makes sense why there would be some sort of a “grace period” as people online have speculated

Well, the call is over and basically the only interesting thing is that the new streaming service is going to be called Disney Plus.

"We don't know exactly when it will be."
- Bob Iger

:(

I guess if they've still got some countries they're working on, they don't want to count their chickens.

And if, for example, they're negotiating with Brazil and they're close and they expect to be approved within weeks, they can't really say that because that might jeopardize the ongoing negotiation.

I am surprised though that they didn't at least provide a list of the countries they're still working on.

Has anybody read the report? There might be more information in there.

I guess if they've still got some countries they're working on, they don't want to count their chickens.

And if, for example, they're negotiating with Brazil and they're close and they expect to be approved within weeks, they can't really say that because that might jeopardize the ongoing negotiation.

That's a good point. One that I didn't consider- which I guess is one of the reasons why Bob Iger is the CEO of Disney instead of me!

I am surprised though that they didn't at least provide a list of the countries they're still working on.

I am too. Maybe we'll get one soon, or at the next conference call. If the deal isn't already closed before then, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"