The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - Part 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there are some adult classes you can take to help you if you indeed do have dyslexia. But first I'd advise getting tested. Even if you want to be an accountant, remember you have to input people's names and addresses into forms and mixing them up could prove problematic.

I have always had a really hard time with reading and even more so with spelling and grammar. I fell like most English grammar makes no sinces and also because almost nothing is spelled the way it sounds I have a hard time with the spelling. I think my spelling is at around a 3erd grade level and I think I am deslexic. But when it comes to applications most of them just ask for stuff like name address stuff that you are not going to really make mistakes on any way and my resume has been looked over before to see if there are spelling mistakes or any thing. So really I fell like trying to find a new job I have just been in unlucky.
The kinds of jobs you're looking for, where the bar is "my resume doesn't have any misspellings" doesn't give you room to grow, financially or career-wise. For those jobs, it doesn't matter if you have 9 years of experience (like it sounds you do), or 10 seconds of experience, which means there's no special reason for them to hire you.

I'm special at my job because I'm a great problem solver and I get things done. That gives me room to negotiate. When I work with people, they're getting A LOT from me, so I can make sure I get something from them too.

Jobs where you're asking people to give you something to do, that almost anyone can do, that doesn't give you room to negotiate. Why should they hire you over anyone else?

What sorts of other skills have you gained, that don't involve inputting forms or spelling? Your grammar is good enough to be understandable, which is more than what I can say for Donald Trump. :oldrazz:

Maybe there are some adult classes you can take to help you if you indeed do have dyslexia. But first I'd advise getting tested. Even if you want to be an accountant, remember you have to input people's names and addresses into forms and mixing them up could prove problematic.
Yeah, spiderman2, you have to take stock of your strengths and expand your options.

So my wife is meeting up with her friend and this woman she met on vacation later this week. Both her and my wife's friend are single, great jobs, highly attractive and I can only speak of one of them because I haven't met the other but good people. One of the things that they commiserated about except my wife, was the lack of decent men in THE metropolitan area something my wife's friend said that my wife doesn't know what's it like out there.

Something, my wife commented on saying she's glad she's not single because she doesn't think she'd have the stamina to deal with the current dating scene. One of the examples, is that we met prior to smartphones so there's a lack of genitals in our text messaging. Maybe I should surprise her. :huh: :o

So my wife is meeting up with her friend and this woman she met on vacation later this week. Both her and my wife's friend are single, great jobs, highly attractive and I can only speak of one of them because I haven't met the other but good people. One of the things that they commiserated about except my wife, was the lack of decent men in THE metropolitan area something my wife's friend said that my wife doesn't know what's it like out there.

Something, my wife commented on saying she's glad she's not single because she doesn't think she'd have the stamina to deal with the current dating scene. One of the examples, is that we met prior to smartphones so there's a lack of genitals in our text messaging. Maybe I should surprise her. :huh: :o
LMAO the closest thing my husband has done is send embarrassing selfies with hilarious facial expressions in them. He's too paranoid to send dick pics. :funny:

She might wonder what's suddenly up with you. :o

While I have not been tested but I think I am dyslexic because not only is my spelling bad but I notice I do miss the order of letters in words. Like the word because I tend to mix up the order of where a and u go.

The kinds of jobs you're looking for, where the bar is "my resume doesn't have any misspellings" doesn't give you room to grow, financially or career-wise. For those jobs, it doesn't matter if you have 9 years of experience (like it sounds you do), or 10 seconds of experience, which means there's no special reason for them to hire you.

I'm special at my job because I'm a great problem solver and I get things done. That gives me room to negotiate. When I work with people, they're getting A LOT from me, so I can make sure I get something from them too.

Jobs where you're asking people to give you something to do, that almost anyone can do, that doesn't give you room to negotiate. Why should they hire you over anyone else?

What sorts of other skills have you gained, that don't involve inputting forms or spelling? Your grammar is good enough to be understandable, which is more than what I can say for Donald Trump. :oldrazz:

Yeah, spiderman2, you have to take stock of your strengths and expand your options.

While the thing is a lot of jobs are right around minimum wage and while that is not great I hate my job enough that I would rather work like any where then I do right now. The other thing is outside of like minimum wage jobs or jobs that are close to it I either don't have the college education for them or experience or both. I am going for a accounting degree and I am plaining on going taking a stats class to because I am good at math and would love to be a sports statiticion. I think the accounting may be more handing and likely to use then stats though witch is why I am going for a accounting degree and not a stats one.

While I have not been tested but I think I am dyslexic because not only is my spelling bad but I notice I do miss the order of letters in words. Like the word because I tend to mix up the order of where a and u go.

While the thing is a lot of jobs are right around minimum wage and while that is not great I hate my job enough that I would rather work like any where then I do right now. The other thing is outside of like minimum wage jobs or jobs that are close to it I either don't have the college education for them or experience or both. I am going for a accounting degree and I am plaining on going taking a stats class to because I am good at math and would love to be a sports statiticion. I think the accounting may be more handing and likely to use then stats though witch is why I am going for a accounting degree and not a stats one.

If you plan to be an accountant, you still require written English. First off, you would be writing to clients if you plan to have your own practice or even if you are working within an accountancy firm. And then even the job itself isn't just purely numbers. There still is some writing required, even say, on something as basic as a balance sheet with all the various items. Even if you're doing basic bookkeeping, you don't want to be making spelling mistakes with all the items, or the client will begin to wonder if the figures themselves are accurate.

It's the same as if you are going into another job or trying to get through life if you hate maths. You still need to know basic maths just to operate in the world. The same with English. So I would suggest taking some adult classes to improve in this area. You'll feel more confident in life.

As for missing the order of letters, it may not necessarily be to do with dyslexia, but simply that you haven't mastered the basic rules of English grammar. But I'd still get tested for dyslexia.

Last edited:
I really think it's important to get tested. Then if you do have it, see if you can find some place that may be able to help you with it. If you don't have it, try and see if there are courses that can help refine your english and grammar.

You might just have to work harder then others regardless if you do have a learning disability.

It may not be exactly be fair but you can't keep just spinning your wheels looking for minimum wage jobs and working at the same place you've been at for years.

I really think it's important to get tested. Then if you do have it, see if you can find some place that may be able to help you with it. If you don't have it, try and see if there are courses that can help refine your english and grammar.

You might just have to work harder then others regardless if you do have a learning disability.

It may not be exactly be fair but you can't keep just spinning your wheels looking for minimum wage jobs and working at the same place you've been at for years.
Totally agree.

I have a stutter that can get pretty severe. For a long time I let it dictate my social life and job prospects, but I've found things that I care more about, than how foolish I make myself look. In the meantime, I've taken speech workshops and joined Toastmasters, which is a public speaking club, to practice speaking in front of people. It's just something I have to do to improve.

It's not fair but it's the hand I was dealt. I've seen my talkative and outgoing sister gain friends and attention much more easily than me, through most of my life, but now that I'm actually making the effort, I've seen a lot of really good things happen.

If you want something, do something about it. Make progress.

While I know I do have a learning disability because I was in special ed for all of school ever year and was told that I had a learning disability before so I know I do have to work much harder then other people may. I have a lot better mathmaticle mind has I can do numbers in my head and have a lot of sports stats in my head. But when it comes to reading I have a hard time reading and even if it is something that is simple to read I have a hard time remembering what I read if I just read something. So I tend to have to read stuff over and over again to really remember it.

Do something about it. Try and nail done what your learning disability is. Then see if they can recommend classes that might help you improve it.

I know none of you guys really know who I am but I'm just so happy I need a place to put my thoughts. So I've been dating this girl for a bout a month and a half and a couple days ago we just made it official. She's the genuinely the most badass person I know, she looks like an angel and she actually loves me... Ive seen her nearly every day for the last month and not once has she even ever so slightly gotten on my nerves... not only that but shes like family to my room mates/best friends, she brings food to our house and tries to take care of everyone. before I met her I told myself I wasn't going to get in a relationship any time soon but it just feels so right... her family really likes me and even though my family hasn't met her yet I've told them about her and they're really happy for me, and I plan on introducing her to them soon. The last month and a half has been more magical than any movie I've ever seen and it shows no sign of slowing down. I haven't used a computer or watched tv in half a year there's just way too much going on all the time. I'm renting a giant house with 4 other people and we're gaining notoriety in our city as a venue. I'm living the life I always dreamed about, with some of the most interesting/talented people I know. Im too happy to even sleep which is a far cry from a couple months ago.

Oh and she showed me her collection of old spider-man comics that I had to pretend I was disinterested in, and she dropped acid with me and the entire house plus the randoms that showed up to party no hesitation so yeah she's a keeper

Last edited:
I know none of you guys really know who I am but I'm just so happy I need a place to put my thoughts. So I've been dating this girl for a bout a month and a half and a couple days ago we just made it official. She's the genuinely the most badass person I know, she looks like an angel and she actually loves me... Ive seen her nearly every day for the last month and not once has she even ever so slightly gotten on my nerves... not only that but shes like family to my room mates/best friends, she brings food to our house and tries to take care of everyone. before I met her I told myself I wasn't going to get in a relationship any time soon but it just feels so right... her family really likes me and even though my family hasn't met her yet I've told them about her and they're really happy for me, and I plan on introducing her to them soon. The last month and a half has been more magical than any movie I've ever seen and it shows no sign of slowing down. I haven't used a computer or watched tv in half a year there's just way too much going on all the time. I'm renting a giant house with 4 other people and we're gaining notoriety in our city as a venue. I'm living the life I always dreamed about, with some of the most interesting/talented people I know. Im too happy to even sleep which is a far cry from a couple months ago.

Oh and she showed me her collection of old spider-man comics that I had to pretend I was disinterested in, and she dropped acid with me and the entire house plus the randoms that showed up to party no hesitation so yeah she's a keeper

My man.

Sounds awesome! :awesome: So happy for you!

LMAO so dudes who think you "need to get your life together" before dating need to know more women like my sister.

She hooked up with a musician from a pop singer's touring band last week (famous enough to have been on multiple late-night talk shows) and will be flying to NYC to see him in a few weeks and I'm just dying our parents cannot know about this. :lmao: She figured it would be a one-time thing but they've been texting back and forth since then.

But yeah she's a successful ambitious woman who goes after broke musicians so that whole "I gotta get my life together before dating" is BS y'alls. Being boring and doing the expensive typical date stuff is the worst for her.

LMAO so dudes who think you "need to get your life together" before dating need to know more women like my sister.

She hooked up with a musician from a pop singer's touring band last week (famous enough to have been on multiple late-night talk shows) and will be flying to NYC to see him in a few weeks and I'm just dying our parents cannot know about this. :lmao: She figured it would be a one-time thing but they've been texting back and forth since then.

But yeah she's a successful ambitious woman who goes after broke musicians so that whole "I gotta get my life together before dating" is BS y'alls. Being boring and doing the expensive typical date stuff is the worst for her.

I wouldn't say it's BS. Maybe your sister is more of the exception. A lot of women wouldn't even give some guys the time of day if they find out, upon meeting them, that they still need to sort out their life or are not quite at the status they would like. And it's not just a few women but the vast majority, it seems. Some women might even judge you before they even know what your status is like. You could potentially be a billionaire, but if they think you're just a nobody because you aren't flaunting your wealth but living humbly, they could easily overlook you.

It seems a lot of women want some kind of financial security and knowing that they would be able to do some of the normal types of dates rather than the too-broke-to-go-on-a-regular-date kind of thing.

I wouldn't say it's BS. Maybe your sister is more of the exception. A lot of women wouldn't even give some guys the time of day if they find out, upon meeting them, that they still need to sort out their life or are not quite at the status they would like. And it's not just a few women but the vast majority, it seems. Some women might even judge you before they even know what your status is like. You could potentially be a billionaire, but if they think you're just a nobody because you aren't flaunting your wealth but living humbly, they could easily overlook you.

It seems a lot of women want some kind of financial security and knowing that they would be able to do some of the normal types of dates rather than the too-broke-to-go-on-a-regular-date kind of thing.
But then the question you have to ask yourself is: Do you want to play that game too? Do you want to date someone, marry someone, be legally bound to them for decades, knowing that their feelings for you are conditional?

Men think they need to be financially stable and have a lucrative 9-5 job to attract a wife. Women think they need to look a certain way (taking notes from the celebrity/fashion world) and to act housewife-y in order to attract a husband. If that's not naturally who you are, do you want to play that game your entire life, even if you might be more likely to find someone to date if you check those boxes? They might not be compatible with your true self, but you won't be alone. That choice is yours.

My sister was once one of those "I wish something would just work out" people. She gave up a lot of her preferences to be with her last serious bf, and what she got out of it was 3 years of misery out of a 5-year relationship. Clearly she came out of it wiser, and bolder about staying who she is and sticking with what she likes, which is passion and spontaneity. I've never had to make that kind of choice, but given her experience, I'd rather be single than to be someone I'm not.

My husband isn't spontaneous and he isn't outwardly passionate like a musician is. That's who I am too, so that works because we're both boring. :oldrazz: But what both my sister and I like are people who have a growth mindset, who are interested in things other than status and money.

If you are interested in status and money, then go right ahead and seek dates with women who are interested in the same thing. But if that's not you who are, you should stick to your guns and wait for something more worthwhile than a trophy wife looking for a trophy husband.

I always thought that people wanted to get their life together before dating, because when your life is in order, you're free to give more focus on the relationship.

+ I've always found people who know what they are doing in life attractive.

You don't need to get your life together... you need to have it completely fall apart. To the point where you're just like **** it, nothing matters so I'm going to go to an abandoned lot by the river, get drunk with a bunch of other degenerates and meet someone that loves you enough that they'll hang out with you on an a mattress on the floor in the flophouse you're living in with no working heater, a washing machine that soaks the carpet every time you use it, crude paintings all over the walls, and cigarette butts on every surface. I lived in a nice cozy basement suite, had a nice job and showered every day but it was the loneliest I've ever been. But Ive had more family dinners here with a bunch of people I met 2 months ago than I ever did at home. Some times we just sit up talking until 5 am in the morning about everything, we've got strangers bringing us furniture and food, the world is full of good people, you just need to put yourself out there more and take more risks. I live in a uninhabitable 102 year old house on a 3 million dollar property, I'd recommend it to anybody at least once. I haven't felt lonely once.

I always thought that people wanted to get their life together before dating, because when your life is in order, you're free to give more focus on the relationship.

+ I've always found people who know what they are doing in life attractive.
But how is that real life? Nobody has the luxury to pause life so they can to "focus on a relationship." Unless they're super-rich and don't need to work. But even then, a lot of the time, they got that way because they're inherent workaholics. :oldrazz:

A relationship fits into your existing life. If you have to change around your entire lifestyle for someone to be in a relationship with them, they aren't for you.

But how is that real life? Nobody has the luxury to pause life so they can to "focus on a relationship." Unless they're super-rich and don't need to work. But even then, a lot of the time, they got that way because they're inherent workaholics. :oldrazz:

A relationship fits into your existing life. If you have to change around your entire lifestyle for someone to be in a relationship with them, they aren't for you.

You're not changing your entire lifestyle for someone. You're getting it in order for yourself even in the absence of a relationship, and if one comes along they can fit into that if they are compatible.

Exactly. A few years back I was having some personal issues that I wanted to deal with first before dating, both for my sake and for hypothetical girlfriend. I dealt with them and then started looking for a relationship.

There's nothing wrong with finding a special someone while being something of a mess. But I think it is wise to figure out who you are and what you want to do before committing to someone else.

Does a small first kiss determine if you're only going to be friends? We had our second date which lasted about for hours. We were outdoors the entire time. Walking around. Not a lot of touchy feely. Lots of laughs though. Date ends we hug and have just a small peck on lips for kiss. SincE it wasn't a dramatic make out session and since we joke around a lot does that mean we're suited for friends or until she says that continue thinking we're dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"