The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also upset her by bringing this up. Not many people like to have their behavior questioned/criticized.

Are you doing this really because you think there's a chance? It's one thing if she's constantly complaining on why a guy(s) misinterpret her flirting for interest.

It just seems you've gotten your hopes up that she may like you. While that's not out of the range of possibilities, it doesn't sound likely. I'd keep trying to meet other people and if you start seeing people and she starts getting pissy, then bring up her attitude.

You can also upset her by bringing this up. Not many people like to have their behavior questioned/criticized.

Are you doing this really because you think there's a chance? It's one thing if she's constantly complaining on why a guy(s) misinterpret her flirting for interest.

It just seems you've gotten your hopes up that she may like you. While that's not out of the range of possibilities, it doesn't sound likely. I'd keep trying to meet other people and if you start seeing people and she starts getting pissy, then bring up her attitude.

Her and I have been open about a lot of stuff besides relationships. I know I can approach her in a non-judgmental way; I've done it with other friends before, even ones who normally don't take well to criticism.

Recently, I've noticed she doesn't actually flirt with other dudes like I originally thought. She's warm and she smiles, but not touchy or jokey with them, and definitely doesn't give them googly eyes or watch their every move. Our mutual friends have pointed this out as the reason why they thought she liked me.

I know it doesn't mean she likes me - I might've become her safety net or she really likes attention from me in particular. I won't be upset if that's the case. I just want some answers because this whole situation has been confusing me for a while and it's been distracting me from school work. The sooner I can understand what's going on, the better things will be as I'll be able to reframe our friendship and get back on track to the things that matter (in the very likely event she does do this for attention).

not a relationship expert question ,

but anyone else ever had a crush on a cougar they worked with ??
cus im totally having that happen to me this semester :mnm:

~totally the one time that PrON is responsible for a screwed up synapse~

single mother of 2 , and im in a hosta....er...committed relationship with the wifu :woot:

this is the first time i encountered an older woman who i am crushing on , n im like O_____________________________o brain.....stahhhhp eeeet :loco:

Her and I have been open about a lot of stuff besides relationships. I know I can approach her in a non-judgmental way; I've done it with other friends before, even ones who normally don't take well to criticism.

Recently, I've noticed she doesn't actually flirt with other dudes like I originally thought. She's warm and she smiles, but not touchy or jokey with them, and definitely doesn't give them googly eyes or watch their every move. Our mutual friends have pointed this out as the reason why they thought she liked me.

I know it doesn't mean she likes me - I might've become her safety net or she really likes attention from me in particular. I won't be upset if that's the case. I just want some answers because this whole situation has been confusing me for a while and it's been distracting me from school work. The sooner I can understand what's going on, the better things will be as I'll be able to reframe our friendship and get back on track to the things that matter (in the very likely event she does do this for attention).

It's just as likely she doesn't know what's going on either. Most people do unconscious actions based on emotions they can't verbalize.

single mother of 2 , and im in a hosta....er...committed relationship with the wifu :woot:

this is the first time i encountered an older woman who i am crushing on , n im like O_____________________________o brain.....stahhhhp eeeet :loco:

Go for it, son.

She will hold you in her arms after the luv makin'.

narcisus
i would brother , but the last time i asked a couger out it ended in flames ( she was my doctors nurse and i thought we were hitting it off ,then i had a meltdown in his office about my 55-b form and it went to FRAKK :csad:
and a few days later i called to make an apointment she dang dissapeared and got a new nursing job and was replaced.

this was in 2010 when i had heart surgery ....and she was hot as *censored*
totally looking like TORI BLACK *swoon*
girl even had canine teeth :ilv:

this one .....i dont know she works in my university and we are in the same building together ( its been soo long i cant tell if she is being nice to the new guy or what =/ )

the body is F.a.F ( totally like jen law's leaked images from last year )
so im honesltly up FRAKK CREEK.

I don't think I've ever liked someone younger than me. In high school I always pursued girls in older grades, which is probably why my success rate is so low lol.

A teacher I had a crush on was definitely hitting on me once, when everyone else left the room she asked me if I'd been working out. I can't even remember what I said and thats probably for the better. I had no game. She looked like a younger Marion Cotillard. so many wasted opportunities man... Never again.

I don't think I've ever liked someone younger than me. In high school I always pursued girls in older grades, which is probably why my success rate is so low lol.

A teacher I had a crush on was definitely hitting on me once, when everyone else left the room she asked me if I'd been working out. I can't even remember what I said and thats probably for the better. I had no game. She looked like a younger Marion Cotillard. so many wasted opportunities man... Never again.

A young Marion Cotillard? Sweet lawd. You know yo ass ****ed up.

I feel like she's trying. She told me how she was fighting her mom recently because she wants to dye her hair purple, but her mom keeps trying to shut her down and she finally put her foot down. She also told me how she's considering spending time with her dad, who was her best friend growing up and then left the family for another woman who he tried to force into her life. She was never honest with her mother about how much she loved him more as a parent, so she pushed him away in an effort to be on better terms with her mother, but now she's not doing that anymore.

It's little things like that that show me she is actually trying to make changes on her own, and that's what I want to see more of. The real test is like you said, based on what she chooses to do.

I was just talking about this with a few friends and I decided, I respect her decision to not say anything to him today because he's at her brother's show and this is his day. But if she doesn't bring this up to anyone, and continues to act like it doesn't exist, I'm breaking up with her for good and no looking back because at this point, it doesn't matter what type of issues we have or how we try to work through them ... if she's going to support a conman and continue to play his game and get taken advantage of, I want no part of that.

She is cheating on you, bro.

A young Marion Cotillard? Sweet lawd. You know yo ass ****ed up.

I just remembered what I said too, I looked around and then said "wait, are you talking to me?" even though I was the only other person in the room lol

OK we seriously NEED A

button on these posts OK ....
cus NARCISUS is on point.

MODS GET ON THIS ....

@spideyville

It's little things like that that show me she is actually trying to make changes on her own, and that's what I want to see more of. The real test is like you said, based on what she chooses to do.

um bruh , you do realize THAT some people are broken and no amount of choosing is gonna fix them right ?? the most you can do is stay in touch WHILE REALIZING SHE WONT CHANGE *sad i know but you have to power on ,no matter how you feel*

and to all of you .... im gonna continue talking , maybe ill get somewhere in a month :woot:

gonna take my time on this one .

If a two people are dating one another - as in just met - then get serious - as in "make it official/become exclusive," one person can not hold anything against the other for discrepacies during said "dating period". . . correct?

I'm trying to remain highly objective here, because I really care about this girl.

During our dating period, there were a few weeks where the ex came into play. No need for details - we're all grown with grand imaginations. We went back and forth; I stated my case - during the "ex saga" - that I had no desire to be in a shady situation.

I told her - more than once - "you be true to yourself, but don't tell me you're crazy about me, want to spend every waking moment with me, and still find time to spend with him."

I explained whatever was going on was none of my business. But that she had to choose. No harm either way - I just wasn't going to wait around.

Long story short, with some of these truths coming to light - full well knowing I don't have an argument, because we WERE NOT offciall - I've learned that during that time she was telling me "I want you; I care about you; I'm crazy about you," etc, yet telling him the same things, potentially doing the same things within days.

I'm caught up. I have NO argument. That's the name of the game with dating. People "sport" date, until he or she feels like they found someone to settle down with.

So I have no dog in this fight. I CAN hold it against her and leave, and I can not be truly hurt, because we WERE NOT official. Yet I have every right to feel weird about this, right? If I feel like this level of dishonesty defines who we are now, I should leave, right?

I love this woman. I've never felt this way about anyone else. HELL - she finishes my thoughts, gets m humor; I feel like we have one of the strongest connections ever.

But I can't bring myself to touch her. All I keep wrestling with is she played me. She allowed her ex to have his way, and potentially within hours bounced right up on me. I don't know if I can handle that information.

I'm a big boy. I'm not cursing her, or blaming her. We were just dating. But she hid, lied and led me on - at least I feel that way.

My biggest two concerns are about honesty and integrity. I can not blame her for any actions - we weren't official.

Yet the facts that she hid things, told me she never felt stronger about anyone else, yet ran into this arms any chance I was away make me question her integrity. Further, he was only here for 3ish weeks, and flew back to Europe - hence why they split. I feel like the only reason I "won," was because he left. I feel like had he came back to the States to stay, she would've booted me - I was just the fun moment. But because he is no where around - NOW I'm back to the greatest things that ever happened to her. That makes me question her honesty.

Why post - why am I torn up? Because the moment I saw her, I felt something BIG. The hours living in our first date, I felt it grow. After I walked away from her that first night, I felt like I've known her for years.

How long have you two been dating?

Here's the thing, ideally you should judge her actions from the moment you were official.

I know that it's a ego digging, pride hurting to think that you may be the 2nd choice, but we're all not perfect. I know this sounds foolish but show her why you were always the better choice. Show her why she was mistaken.

We don't always make the right 1st choice. Sometimes the choice is taken out of our hand, but that doesn't mean we can't be happy and maybe later relieved that it was.

Here's the thing, ideally you should judge her actions from the moment you were official.

I know that it's a ego digging, pride hurting to think that you may be the 2nd choice, but we're all not perfect. I know this sounds foolish but show her why you were always the better choice. Show her why she was mistaken.

We don't always make the right 1st choice. Sometimes the choice is taken out of our hand, but that doesn't mean we can't be happy and maybe later relieved that it was.

My sentiments. Yet I still wrestle, Erz. Fully aware you appreciate that fact.

I have shown her. She cried - the most violent cry - I've ever seen, when apologizing. She stated she was caught up, made poor choices, etc. She stated that she knew I was the better man, knew I was a better fit, etc.

In the middle of this saga, I figured out what was going on. He was playing her, because he wanted ex-sex. She was falling because she loves/loved him. During that time, she would go back and forth me me: "run - I'm a bad person; don't trust me; I'm dirty," etc

I put a stop to it. We stayed up all night talking. I told her to make the best choice for her - and that I would not judge her. I told her she needed to worry about her future, her life, etc. If I was to be in it - that was her choice - then stand up for what YOU(she) believes in. I further explained that she didn't have to be rude or mean. All she had to do was speak her mind to him - or me. All she had to do was stand up.

That weekend she told him to back off. . . so she says. But information I've learned leads me to believe she may have not. She may have been telling me these fibs, just to placate me and get him on a plane. That hurts.

The information I have is not concrete fact. Yet when i confronted her, she didn't deny. To which I - to this point - have asked her to not deny nor confirm.

I'm trying remain objective and mature.

My sentiments. Yet I still wrestle, Erz. Fully aware you appreciate that fact.

In all honesty mate, i'd say this is a situation where you need to trust your instincts. If you think that she isn't being (and hasn't been) up front with you and told you the whole truth or that she's stringing you along whilst this ex is on the scene, then boot her before it has the chance to get a whole lot messier.

On the other hand, if she is being honest and you feel like she's something special, then be up front and tell her you like her a lot but that you won't be settling for being lied to or strung along.

Much as the idea of it not going your way may be hard, you sound like a good guy who's tried to do the right things.
Keep that at the forefront of your mind and don't settle for second best. You DESERVE to be treated with respect and you shouldn't tolerate someone who doesn't bring that.

If she's really serious about you, this ex won't be around any more and she'll be choosing you.
If you have doubts, you have to confront her about them and walk away if you don't here the right answers.

Good luck man. Rooting for you.

In all honesty mate, i'd say this is a situation where you need to trust your instincts. If you think that she isn't being (and hasn't been) up front with you and told you the whole truth or that she's stringing you along whilst this ex is on the scene, then boot her before it has the chance to get a whole lot messier.

On the other hand, if she is being honest and you feel like she's something special, then be up front and tell her you like her a lot but that you won't be settling for being lied to or strung along.

Much as the idea of it not going your way may be hard, you sound like a good guy who's tried to do the right things.
Keep that at the forefront of your mind and don't settle for second best. You DESERVE to be treated with respect and you shouldn't tolerate someone who doesn't bring that.

If she's really serious about you, this ex won't be around any more and she'll be choosing you.
If you have doubts, you have to confront her about them and walk away if you don't here the right answers.

Good luck man. Rooting for you.

To my knowledge, the ex is in Italy. And most of my friends carry your same thoughts. If she did choose you, then it's you's guys future - no one else's. Hence why I remain objective, because I don't have an argument.

We became exclusive roughly a month ago, with a serious conversation predating around ten days before that. She states from the serious conversation on, and quite possibly (this is my assumption) a little before the conversation - she's been mine.

Kinda hard to wrestle with timeline facts. It makes me uneasy knowing she ws telling me I was her world, while texting him "when you coming over, big boy?"

Dunno. I could lose the woman I've prayed for, if I act childish in the slightest.

My biggest two concerns are about honesty and integrity. I can not blame her for any actions - we weren't official.

Yet the facts that she hid things, told me she never felt stronger about anyone else, yet ran into this arms any chance I was away make me question her integrity. Further, he was only here for 3ish weeks, and flew back to Europe - hence why they split. I feel like the only reason I "won," was because he left. I feel like had he came back to the States to stay, she would've booted me - I was just the fun moment. But because he is no where around - NOW I'm back to the greatest things that ever happened to her. That makes me question her honesty.

Why post - why am I torn up? Because the moment I saw her, I felt something BIG. The hours living in our first date, I felt it grow. After I walked away from her that first night, I felt like I've known her for years.
It may not necessarily be about "honesty" and "integrity" but how mercurial she might be.

My sister's ex was exactly like that. Early on in their relationship, he sweet-talked her majorly, made her think he was interested only in her long term. And then when she went on a previously-planned trip without him, he went on dates with someone else. They eventually worked it out (she said he was very contrite and genuinely felt bad) and were together for 4 more years, but yeah. In the end what ended their relationship wasn't about romantic commitment, but his mercurial nature and complete lack of self-awareness. So really, that's what you might be working with.

It wasn't that he was out to mislead her. He's the type of person to say exactly what he's feeling RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT. He doesn't stop to think about what might be useful to a discussion, or how things might be down the road. He says exactly what he feels, right now. And not only that, but he lacked the self-awareness to know that he might be inadvertently hurting people because of what he says. Which included my sister, who tends to react to complaints with "I have to fix this right now!" That's what broke them up, in the end. He didn't see how he was hurting her.

So you have to figure out if she's really lacking honesty/integrity, or if she's the kind of person who lives in the moment only and doesn't think about how her words/action mean down the road.

The truth is, how we feel about someone may not be how they feel. And that's just life. It's not a Hollywood romance most of the time. You have to work with what's in front of you, not what you imagine things to be. I was "meh" about my husband for at least a year, while I think he had settled on me pretty quickly. He took down his POF profile almost right after he met me and was telling his parents about me pretty early on, while I was wondering a year in if I was settling. :funny: Things just happened to work out between us, but it wasn't like we were on the same page at first.

But what both me and my husband do very well is that we think very carefully about how we feel and how to verbalize them, before we say things to each other. It helps a lot. And we're super-realistic about things. We've never promised each other the moon. But that's just the kind of people we are. If someone had sweet-talked me the way my sister's ex had, I would have run for the hills. :funny:

Last edited:
To my knowledge, the ex is in Italy. And most of my friends carry your same thoughts. If she did choose you, then it's you's guys future - no one else's. Hence why I remain objective, because I don't have an argument.

We became exclusive roughly a month ago, with a serious conversation predating around ten days before that. She states from the serious conversation on, and quite possibly (this is my assumption) a little before the conversation - she's been mine.

Kinda hard to wrestle with timeline facts. It makes me uneasy knowing she ws telling me I was her world, while texting him "when you coming over, big boy?"

Dunno. I could lose the woman I've prayed for, if I act childish in the slightest.

I'd be really up front about it with her. Tell her clearly what your doubts are. If she values you in anything like the manner you clearly value her, it's in her best interests to tell you the truth.
And if she doesn't, then i'd walk away with my head held high if I were you.

And if she is the woman you've prayed for, she's going to be straight with you. No ex on the scene (voluntarily) and no messing about.

I may sound a touch harsh, but i've been messed about by one girl in particular in the past (I survived) and i've seen a couple of close friends be completely wrecked by girls who treat them badly and it's not a good thing to see, let alone experience.

You obviously like her and are in a position where she could hurt you a lot. I'd say better you get the truth now, early on, than further down the line where it could do you real damage....

It may not necessarily be about "honesty" and "integrity" but how mercurial she might be.

Fickle? Sure. But most people are from time to time.

In the moment? Absolutely. Yet we all carry selfish tendencies.

I have NO DOUBT she is no longer "fickle" with me, nor "living in any moment." She is contrite and hates herself.

I hear you. I do. And I understand I sound like a broken record - I'm trying to get it out, before I confront her. . if I ever properly do.

Because one fact - on my end - remains. If I choose to forgive and possibly forget, then I move on with her and NEVER bring it back up. Fair is fair.

I get tenure was in play. How else would I react, if my ex came into play just after a new relationship? I could've picked the ex - tenure.

She had one guy she felt strongly about; one in which she's never felt before; one in which changed everything about her after one kiss. Then the ex of a three year relationship comes back. She wallowed; she was indecisive. That does not mean her words and actions weren't true to me. She was confused. Hell - I would be too.

She bounced back and forth for roughly three weeks, until I stood by her as a friend. I told her that I didn't need anything more from her. All I wanted was for her to be happy and make the best choice for herself. Within THIS conversation she realized I was the better man and she wasted time allowing him to "have his way."

Was her word true? Did she actually stand up for us? Was she honest from that point on? I'll never know.

What I do know is a plane flew off, and then she became mine. That wasn't a choice. Delta just did me a solid. :csad:

You then have to come to a decision on whether you can get past her not being totally honest with you.

I believe what you said about moving on and not bringing up again, but I wonder if you will believe anything she says that's not yeah something happened.

Trust is a big important part of a relationship even early on. And a relationship built on a lie, well that's obviously not the best thing to build a relationship on. It's up to you if you'll either a) believe what she said because she is telling you it or b) believe what she said because you actually thing she's being truthful or c) leave.

You then have to come to a decision on whether you can get past her not being totally honest with you.

I believe what you said about moving on and not bringing up again, but I wonder if you will believe anything she says that's not yeah something happened.

Trust is a big important part of a relationship even early on. And a relationship built on a lie, well that's obviously not the best thing to build a relationship on. It's up to you if you'll either a) believe what she said because she is telling you it or b) believe what she said because you actually thing she's being truthful or c) leave.

Pretty much where I am. Just needed to talk/type it out.

I have to choose to believe, in any form or fashion - or leave. You are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"