The Dark Knight Rises The Score V

I think I like it as much as Dark Knight. I am really happy he brought back tracks like the "Back Up" track in Batman Begins where he drops down the stairs in Arkham. I love all of Bane's themes, especially the melody that plays in the prologue when we first see the plane and the guy is interrogating them. It is very menacing. The chant intensifies any scene it is in, and the music that plays at the start of the Blackgate scene is also very good (of course so is the rest of the track). I think the stock exchange music is almost like a Bane version of the Joker theme. It's unsettling when you hear it.

I loved the eerieness of the score. That low sounding bells... Loved it !

I think I like it as much as Dark Knight. I am really happy he brought back tracks like the "Back Up" track in Batman Begins where he drops down the stairs in Arkham. I love all of Bane's themes, especially the melody that plays in the prologue when we first see the plane and the guy is interrogating them. It is very menacing. The chant intensifies any scene it is in, and the music that plays at the start of the Blackgate scene is also very good (of course so is the rest of the track). I think the stock exchange music is almost like a Bane version of the Joker theme. It's unsettling when you hear it.
I agree with everything you said but the bold is the strongest thing for me. It plays when he walks into the stock exchange, the football field, and when we start seeing certain part of the city blow up underground around the city plus the bridges. To me its got such a eerie foreboding feeling. Hearing it on my car drives makes me feel like something horrible just happen.

I have little patience skipping through the entire soundtrack. Which track features that music?

I have little patience skipping through the entire soundtrack. Which track features that music?
The Fire Rises, it starts around the 1:40 mark after some intense drums.

Thanks a lot !
I actually like the beginning of the track, aswell ! If I'm not mistaken lots of that was heard when Gordon and his men started the attack against Bane in the end (to find the bomb ).

Thanks a lot !
I actually like the beginning of the track, aswell ! If I'm not mistaken lots of that was heard when Gordon and his men started the attack against Bane in the end (to find the bomb ).
I'm not 100% but it might of been cut in at some point in that huge ending, but I know it for sure from when Bane and his men are escaping the stock exchange plus the initial cop chase before Batman shows up.

I think TDKR might be the OST I enjoyed the most from the trilogy overall. I'd order it

1. Batman Begins/The Dark Knight Rises
2. The Dark Knight

Also, anyone find the best time to listen to the soundtracks is on a cool winter day?

ras_home.jpg

At 40 secs in. I just love that.

[YT]Xsn3w6FB0_Y[/YT]

For those needing a pm - checkout ffshrine.org and in the forums look for "films".

A page or 2 back, the "fan made" soundtrack - CD3 is probably ripped tracks. But I have a feeling that 1 and 2 are legit.

Anyone else thought this was the best OST of the trilogy?

I think TDK Soundtrack is much better than BB and TDKR but these two are great as well. Right now I'm listening to TDKR. Mind If I Cut in is my favourite because of Selina meeting Bruce for the first time.

BB soundtrack eclipses the other two as it has the perfect balance of bombastic action cues and tug at the heart emotional strings. But the best Nolan/Zimmer collaboration is Inception.

I think the TDKR soundtrack eclipses the other two...especially the full recordings.

And that isn't really saying much, imo.

I would go as far as to call Inception one of Zimmer's absolute best to date.

Begins has a homogeneous blend of Zimmer and James Newton Howard's material that the other two do not have. In Knight the dominance began to shift more to Zimmer and in Rises Howard is absent altogether (though some his themes do remain). That was kind of shame to me since I prefer Howard as a composer but what we got fits the movies like a glove and a lot of it works as a standalone listen as well. What's interesting about Rises is that instead of the quieter moments being covered by another composer Zimmer handles the entire score himself, both the emotional and action material. This gives it somewhat of a different feel despite being very reminiscent.

The download link comming soon of the ultimate complete score :

the back cover :
coverbacko.jpg

I really love 'Mirander visits Wayne-Take me to Bane' it's an up tempo version of 'why do we fall'-favorite track in the whole movie.

Guys based on the new dvd sizzle trailer on the videos page that just got uploaded today. I think i hear a different track from :51 to 1:07... or am I wrong?

Guys based on the new dvd sizzle trailer on the videos page that just got uploaded today. I think i hear a different track from :51 to 1:07... or am I wrong?

I hear it too, anyone know what it is?????

I'm listening to the extended score on the youtube channel, and man, the OST for TDKR does not do it justice. Far too much was left out, but I'm just glad it was eventually released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"