The Soul-GLO Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to restart my thread. If they want to undelete my old thread, they can however, it's been hard deleted I imagine and I don't want to recreate it out of principle.

Whatever, I think a white thread, embracing Irish, German, English culture is far from ridiculous.

And even if I would agree that a white thread wouldn't be necessary, why not an Asian thread?

You can try and make little jabs at me with "my pathetic little war".

And if you want "to go there" :whatever:, I'd be happy to oblige you. But like every issue with most mods, lot of talk and no action will take place so why not just state the obvious.

This thread will stay on because you are a moderator. :huh:

I didn't say anything about an Asian thread--it's a minority and prone to face struggles even more different from other racial classes. The thing is, the ONLY reason you're even talking about this is because of this thread's longevity--plain and simple. And let's be honest: The other threads were jokes, designed to irritate the staff enough to obliterate the lot of them. It was a prime example of reverse elimination and even constructive termination--so don't even.

I'm not making jabs at all--I'm calling it for what it is. This whole convesation is silly as hell. You guys are stirring crap for no reason--and it's like the 2nd or 3rd time you've brought it up this year.

Because the same reasons apply, like everything else on SHH, nothing changes. If I was a moderator, I would have resurrected my own thread and it would have stayed.

Edit: And this is a messageboard, topics are re-brought up all the time.

Oh?

Well, I'm sorry but I don't just ban people arbitarily. I give them a chance to improve. And I don't believe that that term has been used here since, has it? I didn't think so. As far as the N word, I have banned folks for using it, as well as issued warnings against its usage.

Sounds to me like you ( and your friends) are simply looking for cracks Darth. The fact of the matter is, nothing in this thread that I've personally seen has warranted an outright ban beyond warnings. And people have taken the warnings seriously and improved.

Now, have I been here full-time? No. I've been on a two-month hiatus from this joint. But don't get in my face with the "weak-hammer" BS because the other mods will tell you that my ban-list is usually as long as anyone elses--when I'm active. So back it up and get your facts straight.

So the mods do keep lists of the people they ban. Interesting.

Of course you would say all of that, because you're not in my position. Seeing the word wetback is extremely offensive to me. And I know for a fact, that any other mod, knowing GAH's past track record, and offenses, would not have just given him a warning. But of course, he's black, and I can't help but wonder what would have happened if he wasn't.

EDIT: And for the record, here was that hardlined stance you took, and the warning that shook GAH to his core.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=12307687&postcount=4110

I thought Dew already changed her mind. What is there to argue?

There isn't anything to argue about--that's the whole point. We promised better moderation and that was it. But apparently that is not enough for some people around here.

Erz said:
Because the same reasons apply, like everything else on SHH, nothing changes. If I was a moderator, I would have resurrected my own thread and it would have stayed.

The only person making this into a "moderator" thing is you and your friends. It's amazing how you guys can glaze over my initial posts tonight and blatantly ignore those points--which you KNOW make sense--and just skip to the weaker argument of "moderator bias".

Just stop Erz. I'm not sure what happened over the last few days but it had nothing to do with me and my moderation--I haven't even been on here since Wednesday. :down

I didn't say anything about an Asian thread--it's a minority and prone to face struggles even more different from other racial classes. The thing is, the ONLY reason you're even talking about this is because of this thread's longevity--plain and simple. And let's be honest: The other threads were jokes, designed to irritate the staff enough to obliterate the lot of them. It was a prime example of reverse elimination and even constructive termination--so don't even.

I can't speak of Wilhelm's thread...but Erz's thread was just getting fun to post in when it got closed. It was filled with positive Asian images and many non-Asian posters were lauding the pics and comments in it...yet it was considered a "joke" thread?

and now there can be another Asian thread. So someone should make one, because that it was closed before isn't relevant anymore.:huh:

There isn't anything to argue about--that's the whole point. We promised better moderation and that was it. But apparently that is not enough for some people around here.

The only person making this into a "moderator" thing is you and your friends. It's amazing how you guys can glaze over my initial posts tonight and blatantly ignore those points--which you KNOW make sense--and just skip to the weaker argument of "moderator bias".

Just stop Erz. I'm not sure what happened over the last few days but it had nothing to do with me and my moderation--I haven't even been on here since Wednesday. :down

This is a messageboard, LS. I'm allowed to voice my opinion with the double standards. Regardless, of how you feel and I feel that our points MAKE sense. I feel that you have a chip on your shoulder, because you have an affinity for this thread and we are just detractors.

Oops, well, I'm not black so that better not be a problem :cmad:
Kool aid, in my house. But now I couldn't drink the stuff, too much sugar. Actually, I hardly drink anything other than water. :dry:

What is your ethnicity Casey? Out of curiosity.

and now there can be another Asian thread. So someone should make one, because that it was closed before isn't relevant anymore.:huh:

Like I stated, someone else can do it. I refuse to redo mine. And I'd appreciate someone without an agenda.

So the mods do keep lists of the people they ban. Interesting.

Of course you would say all of that, because you're not in my position. Seeing the word wetback is extremely offensive to me. And I know for a fact, that any other mod, knowing GAH's past track record, and offenses, would not have just given him a warning. But of course, he's black, and I can't help but wonder what would have happened if he wasn't.

EDIT: And for the record, here was that hardlined stance you took, and the warning that shook GAH to his core.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=12307687&postcount=4110

Darth, you continue to surprise and dissapoint me. I can't believe you would accuse me of showing favoritism because the dude is black. That has to be one of the most stupid comments I've read here--and anyone who really knows me, knows I've banned folks of every color here. Stop stooping so low.

I did not know GAH until we started posting here. So your knowlege of his posting habits I cannot draw from. I can only start judging from his first offense in my areas only--or with input from other mods. I had none at that time, hence the warning. So what do you want? Oh wait...I get it. You want him banned. :whatever:

Yeah, like he handled GAH when he referred to someone as a wetback right? Like that? Yeah, forgive me if I don't buy it.:whatever:

I'll admit; I'm not a regular in this thread so I have no clue what you're talking about. But you know I got your back Dathphee :up:

Uh, what do I have a chip on my shoulder about? :huh:

this is what happens when you give the wrong people power. jerry curls

Uh, what do I have a chip on my shoulder about? :huh:

About people of color having a relevant round table discussion on the Hype. ;)

Your problem does not lie with me OR this thread--it lies with whoever closed your thread. So why don't you go take it up with them? I already said that I would support an Asian-themed thread MONTHS ago, so again, you're barking up the wrong tree Erz.

Why can't you guys just say it: "If we can't have our threads, NO ONE can have one?" At least man up about it. Damn.

Like I stated, someone else can do it. I refuse to redo mine. And I'd appreciate someone without an agenda.

alright, but now there's no reason to argue a decision that was made like 6 months ago. Let crotchbleed make the new one.

Darth, you continue to surprise and dissapoint me. I can't believe you would accuse me of showing favoritism because the dude is black. That has to be one of the most stupid comments I've read here--and anyone who really knows me, knows I've banned folks of every color here. Stop stooping so low.

I did not know GAH until we started posting here. So your knowlege of his posting habits I cannot draw from. I can only start judging from his first offense in my areas only--or with input from other mods. I had none at that time, hence the warning. So what do you want? Oh wait...I get it. You want him banned. :whatever:

Wow, can I call this stupid? The whole point behind warnings and probations is that if you **** up again, the penalty becomes worse. Going the "I didn;t know him before GAH" route is lame and inexcusable as a peace keeping office of the hype. And is irrelevant since GAH has a rap sheet the size of Texas under the GAH name anyway. Again, I don't care if you call it stupid or not, if GAH wasn't black, and it happened in any other thread, he would've gotten a much tougher punishment. Hey guess what LS? The race card? It works both ways.

And for the record, if Erz called someone a wetback, I would be equally as offended.

I'll admit; I'm not a regular in this thread so I have no clue what you're talking about. But you know I got your back Dathphee :up:

That's why you're my brother from another mother.:heart:

Your problem does not lie with me OR this thread--it lies with whoever closed your thread. So why don't you go take it up with them? I already said that I would support an Asian-themed thread MONTHS ago, so again, you're barking up the wrong tree Erz.

Uh, we weren't allowed to make new threads. Dew even made a sticky saying no more threads, which is why this became the "experience" and not a "lounge".

And you mentioned me, and used the word jealousy, so why would I not respond to your post?

Why can't you guys just say it: "If we can't have our threads, NO ONE can have one?" At least man up about it. Damn.

what are your thoughts on the sexist/racist poster Varient starting the "white people" thread referring to it as a condescendingly "shameless copy"? in 50 words or less

alright, but now there's no reason to argue a decision that was made like 6 months ago. Let crotchbleed make the new one.

It spilled on to here, and I refuse to let people like LS state how we are jealous, and pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"