The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah, it'll be silly to not spend money on TDKR if you loved the film as much as I did :funny:

Will just be buying this and wait to get the trilogy boxset next summer.

I still need to even get Avengers...don't plan on buying TAS-M; only renting it someday.

I've already spent a little over 50 bucks on this movie, i dont mind spending 20 or more for the blu-ray. Plus the box-set next summer.

I really want the original prologue to be an option. Maybe we'll get it next summer as one of the extras.

Never going to happen.

As far as I'm aware, none yet.
But they better be worth it, dammit.

I hate to be that guy, but I doubt the "ultimate edition" will be anything special.

What could they include to make it worth while?

I hate to be that guy, but I doubt the "ultimate edition" will be anything special.

What could they include to make it worth while?

Some worthwhile documentaries? Especially for TDK. I'd also love to see some commentary tracks, even if neither of the Nolans would do it, I'd be more than happy if they got Goyer and/or some of the cast.

Other than that, they could fill it up with tons of stuff. They could do an "influence" documentary, kinda like what the Godfather collection had, talking about how these movies have influenced modern blockbusters. They could throw in a (hopefully new) documentary about the history of Batman and his allies/villains/gadgets/world. Maybe, if we're really lucky, they'll toss in a few of the deleted scenes from TDKR, or maybe some alternate takes of Ledger's performance - that's if we're reaaaaally lucky to the point of absurdity.

But what I'm getting at is that there's plenty they could put on there to make it worth what will undoubtedly be a $100+ pricetag. Hopefully they don't drop the ball.

Oh. And new transfers of the films would probably be enough for me to buy it.

it may sound crazy but the burton/shumacher movies fit into the nolan films decently besides the campiness. batman is trained, battles for Gotham to finally be his, defeats Ra's Scarecrow Joker Two Face Bane then you have the return of the Joker or the origin of the Joker in Batman 1 and The Dark Knight Returns from his hiatus from TDKR and goes on to battle Penguin in Batman Returns, Batman Forever w/ Riddler, Harvey Two Face's origin is touched on when he shows up again but he already exists in the movie, then Poison Ivy, Freeze, & a rebirth of "Bane"

sound crazy? or make some sense?

it may sound crazy but the burton/shumacher movies fit into the nolan films decently besides the campiness. batman is trained, battles for Gotham to finally be his, defeats Ra's Scarecrow Joker Two Face Bane then you have the return of the Joker or the origin of the Joker in Batman 1 and The Dark Knight Returns from his hiatus from TDKR and goes on to battle Penguin in Batman Returns, Batman Forever w/ Riddler, Harvey Two Face's origin is touched on when he shows up again but he already exists in the movie, then Poison Ivy, Freeze, & a rebirth of "Bane"

No because Joker kills Bruce's parents in Burtons. And he's like 50 and becomes Joker and dies. And everything else you mention like Catwoman, Two-Face, Bane doesn't make sense LOL. No, just no.

Lol. Two-Face was white, dies, becomes black(or goes blackface for some reason), then becomes white again and dies.

I remember that even in 2008, some people believed that The Dark Knight was a prequel to Batman 1989 with a younger Joker.

That's rude. Some of them are nice not comic fans fellows,

Rian Johnson on whether he'd be interested in the Batman reboot

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2012/11/rian-johnson-on-whether-hed-be.html

Martin Deer: Well we've mentioned Batman and I am a huge Batman fan. Hypothetical situation - Warner Bros. rings you up, next Batman movie, would you do it?

Rian Johnson: I like that hypothetical. You know I love Batman, I didn't grow up reading the comics but Batman movies, when that first Tim Burton Batman movie came out that kind of defined, in kind of like a weird way for the generation that I was in, that first Batman movie in a way it defined what a blockbuster was for me, more so than any of the 70s movies. When that first Batman movie hit it was like this cultural volcano that defined what the superhero blockbuster was in a way that was just completely drew me in as a kid. So Batman is definitely the one superhero movie franchise that I'm 100% just completely in love with, and I love [Christopher] Nolan's so much man. Right now I'm just focusing on doing my own thing. And that hypothetical that you mentioned has so many variables to it in terms of what kind of movie they're looking to make and all of that so, you know, that call hasn't happened and in the meanwhile I'm not gonna sit by the phone, I'm just gonna keep writing my own stuff.

From TDKR's FB:

46237_487209617986320_220621280_n.jpg

Large Version: https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/46237_487209617986320_220621280_n.jpg

Last edited:

No, it makes no sense.

Some other things became a bit more clear:

*Daggett and Stryver take notice of Selina at the Wayne Manor party.

*Both Selina and Talia pick up the photo of Wayne's parents. Selina does it when she thinks no one is looking (she looks choked up about it when looking at their photo, her reaction is candid) while Talia does it when she knows Bruce is looking (to manipulate him).

*Talia walks into the stock exchange. Or her doppelganger. Bane scans the floor room, makes an audible noise in his mask, and then nods to her. Unless someone has a better explanation.

Last edited:
That lingering shot of the woman at the Stock Exchange was so bizaare. I don't understand what the point was other than a foreshadowing of Talia I guess...?

I didn't notice until the GIF came out that Bruce did something (He kicked the mercenary? Or avoided one of the mercenaries that fell down?) in that scene where Catwoman was uncuffing Fox.

They did a similar thing in TDK. They kept showing you Gordon, but you didn't know it was Gordon, because Gordon was supposed to be dead, but this SWAT guy reveals himself to be...Gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"