The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 145

Status
Not open for further replies.
Score is such a huge factor for me in this genre. It can almost be a make a break kind of thing. For instance, I think if The Avengers had a better score I could have loved the movie. And I'd probably like the Burton Bat-films a lot less if not for Elfman's amazing scores. Sometimes the score is telling the story as much as the script is and that really enhances the experience for me.

Hear, hear. :up:

Last time Bruce was Batman before TDKR was at the end of The Dark Knight. Period. He wasn't Batman for a 8 years.

Yeah, it sucks but that's how it is. It's the same deal with the length of time Batman fought crime, which was about a year. This is what the filmmakers/story tellers intended and present to us. You can make up scenarios or whatever personal "canon" you want, but it is what it is.

Last time Bruce was Batman before TDKR was at the end of The Dark Knight. Period. He wasn't Batman for a 8 years.

Yeah, it sucks but that's how it is. It's the same deal with the length of time Batman fought crime, which was about a year. This is what the filmmakers/story tellers intended and present to us. You can make up scenarios or whatever personal "canon" you want, but it is what it is.

Short, cut throat, to the point, and all true :up:

The score could be my favorite thing from the trilogy. Especially in TDKR.

Personally, I don't really care that he was retired the full 8 years. I can take the movie at face value. However, it would be quite easy tell a story about Batman's last missions before the Dent Act/retirement in a way that's smooth and doesn't feel like a retcon. And it could actually be a good story that fit the tone of the universe (cause I know some would say you can imagine anything like a Darkseids story etc.). I'm sticking to my guns on that one.

There's a whole year between BB and TDK that could be further explored than it already has as well. It's a shame, I'd love to see more DC Animated films set in the Nolanverse but I know it won't happen.

Last edited:
Whomever he faces will certainly be underwhelming since the theoretical villain doesn't make enough of a ruckus to enter police records (and by proxy, Batman). Batman vs his knee then?

Batman vs Crazy Quilt

Condiment King definitely busted his knee. for sho.

We need a good dark and gritty Egghead story.

perhaps batman's poor knee was karma for Batman screwing up Sal Maroni's legs. Who was the head of the mob but in actuality was the biggest mob informant for the FBI, getting to keep his throne by ratting out his closest associates, placed there by God himself. The only way Batman could redeem himself was to put the cowl back on and be a Superhero, explaining the magical healing of his knee. His redemption was complete, tying in to the broader redemption of his overall arc.

Exactly 54 posts above these:

Oh snap, son! If your posts were a boat, you'd be sinking, cause they're full of holes!:rimshot:

BURRRRNNNNNNN!!!

22671983-wtf.gif

Thought I'd share this here:
[YT]i4bXBDr7KUg[/YT]
Someone added a part of the TDKR soundtrack to the SWAT fight in TDK. It makes the scene even more epic IMO.

Always loved that scene. It may possibly be my most favorite moment in the whole trilogy.

Amazing.

My favorite scene in TDK :up:

We never said you can't have your own opinion. We just said your opinion is wrong and doesn't match up with what Nolan and his film both state. :oldrazz:

Lol. Opinions can't be wrong, but okay :dry:

Haven't been keeping up much with the discussion you guys were having but I do feel the need to address the statement that there is anyone here with a "wrong" opinion.

There is no such thing as a wrong opinion. However, there is such thing as a stupid one. :oldrazz:

Pleased I don't have one :woot:

:doh:

No one is saying Bruce Wayne stayed on as Batman those eight years. Hell, no one has even said he stayed on as Batman for seven, six, five, four, three or two. I and I assume the others that agree, have only stated he was around for only a bit until the Dent Act was created and that law could've passed very quickly just by going with how Nolan doesn't understand how laws work, lol.

Condiment King definitely busted his knee. for sho.

batman__condiment_king_by_fishmas-d4bzwl2.png

winner,winner!

Not really a winner when the line is specifically confirmed sightings.

Off course it allows to speculation if it was that night , a day after , of after a week. There is also no doubt he stopped operating after a while.

Whomever he faces will certainly be underwhelming since the theoretical villain doesn't make enough of a ruckus to enter police records (and by proxy, Batman). Batman vs his knee then?

That's what the clean state is for :woot:

That and Nolan himself said Batman hung up the cape for those 8 years.

You're overanalyzing one thing Nolan said, imo...he would never say "he retired a year after The Dark Knight's events". Bringing up the eight year gap is just to clarify the time gap between the two films and that he retired, lol.

don't you believe a direct quote from Nolan! He was making a point within a point within a point! :jedi

Maybe, if we all link hands and concentrate really hard, we can 'magic' an extended career for Batman into the movies. C'mon now! Nnnnnggh!

Maybe, if we all link hands and concentrate really hard, we can 'magic' an extended career for Batman into the movies. C'mon now! Nnnnnggh!

I am nnnnnnnggghhh-ing hard, it ain't happening, though I may be turning Super Sayian instead.

It won't have happened if no one has sighted it.

don't you believe a direct quote from Nolan! He was making a point within a point within a point! :jedi

When Nolan doesn't say Bruce quit that night, so, I don't buy someone saying Nolan directly said he quit that night. Only mentioning the gap year of Bruce having quit as Batman :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"