The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 145

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Thread Manager, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

I have no idea. I'm just as confused about that part as you are. :funny:

2. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

How would it be easier when we don't know if the Batcave is rebuilt yet? Or Wayne Manor is fully rebuilt yet?

3. ThePhantasm

Okay, then he sits in his bunker. The computer is the important bit, not the location of his lair.

4. Anno_Domini

The bunker that looks totally clean and empty the last time we see it?

5. ThePhantasm

Yes. You think Bruce Wayne only has one supercomputer available to him? He's a billionaire with a large company.

Or do we go with your version: "Oops I threw away my computer my only option now is to survey from the shadows on a gargoyle."

6. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

They wouldn't be sightings if they weren't confirmed, reported sightings. The mob doesn't rat on anybody most of the time. Plus, we're not saying for sure that he was taking down criminals. He would be a "silent guardian, watchful protector" until he knows everything has gone well. There's no batsignal, so he would have to go out there and see for himself without getting called in by the police. There just incase something goes wrong.

7. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Exactly.

LOL the way they're presenting their argument sounds like a total contradiction. I mean in every way. From what we've been told to what they're describing they think happened, or wanted to happen.

:up: :up: :up:

It doesn't make a lick of sense! None.

8. ThePhantasm

What is this I don't even

:exp:

9. ThePhantasm

The TDKR thread. Where "sightings" sometimes aren't "sightings."

10. Travesty

Travesty Well-Known Member

:lmao:

11. Anno_Domini

No, the TDKR thread just knows the difference between "confirmed" and "unconfirmed" sightings.

No, only that he moved his supercomputer to the Batcave while it was being finished and he stayed as Batman for a little while longer :oldrazz:

12. shauner111

If people don't call in that they saw Batman, then there's no confirmed sightings of the Batman. He's careful in the shadows. If somebody sees him they either don't tell anyone (like the police, the press) or a mobster doesn't rat on the Batman because theyre either scared or they have a code (believe it or not, they do have a code).

People could go 8 years without seeing him or 8 years and they think they see him once or twice but never tell a soul. Those are unconfirmed sightings. So to the knowledge of the police, yes...he has vanished that night to never return. Whether true or not.

13. ThePhantasm

The mobster code is "never rat on the Batman?" Do they have a secret alliance with the Batman or something? Why would they not tell the police about him, given that the police are actively trying to take Batman down? Even Scarecrow knew to call the cops in Begins when Batman showed up.

Seriously shauner, this is getting silly.

14. Travesty

No, I don't think some of you do.

15. ThePhantasm

Did you not see the quote from shauner I responded to? He basically said there is no such thing as a sighting that isn't a confirmed sighting.

16. shauner111

You focus in on that, but disregard the rest of what I said. Convenient. It's a fictional version of organized crime, they could be like the cartel for all we know. They don't rat out to the police for ANYBODY, im sure there are mob organizations that are like this, they wont deal with the police or tell them anything. It's against their code. But even if they would rat him out to save their own skin, let's then toss that point out the window and say it's rubbish. No problem. Everything else I said still sticks.

17. shauner111

Let me rearrange my quote then for your viewing pleasure, since you don't seem to understand what a confirmed sighting is.

18. Tequilla

Tequilla Well-Known Member

It's an unconfirmed one.

If the line was . there was no sightings of Batman , there would be no discussion. But Blake tells us that there is no confirmed sightings , so it allows to some sort of speculation. Officially he vanished.

19. ThePhantasm

Nothing you've said sticks, shauner. Its been refuted by multiple people at every single point. I didn't address your other argument because its been addressed several times.

As far as mob "codes" in real life, they don't have to deal with the Batman do they? Who would the mob hate more than the police? Who do the mob hate enough to side with the terrorist known as the Joker? (By the way, the mob ratted on the Joker later)

The police find a bunch of mob guys beat up and tied up rather than killed, they'll be able to put two and two together anyways, stupid mob codes be damned.

20. Travesty

This thread:

[​IMG]

21. ThePhantasm

Just because you repeat an argument over and over and over after I've refuted it doesn't mean I have to respond to it again and again and again. Especially when you aren't even changing it up, just regurgitating.

22. shauner111

Refuted my ass. You guys don't know the definition of confirmed/unconfirmed/vanished. If you still don't understand my last post/quote before this one, then you're just being stubborn and wont accept the possibilities. Coincidentally the only people here who are saying we don't make sense are the ones who hated TDKR and the 8 year gap concept, how interesting! While the ones who are making this point dig TDKR but we have all said we don't mind if Batman retired completely during the 8 year gap. We're not looking at it with a mindset of desperation, wanting him to be active, we're even saying he could just be watching over the city.

23. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Well-Known Member

The main person contesting your inane ramblings is the Phantasm, who likes TDKR.

24. ThePhantasm

Yep. :funny:

I think I'm about done with this conversation...

25. shauner111

I guess I should have said OR hated the 8 year gap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.