The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 145

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not against the idea of a gap in and of itself (Batman Beyond, The Dark Knight Returns) but I do think the execution of the idea in TDKR wasn't very good.

I'm not against the idea of a gap in and of itself (Batman Beyond, The Dark Knight Returns) but I do think the execution of the idea in TDKR wasn't very good.
Fair enough, but my point exactly.

I can confirm that I did not see a sight of you in the conversation. You must have vanished, Kane.
Impossible! Cause if he vanished, that means there were still Kane sightings that nobody saw.

I can confirm that I did not see a sight of you in the conversation. You must have vanished, Kane.

sT9liLy.gif

:batman:

*Looks around*

I see nobody took my advice. I guess I made all those vodka tonics vanish for nothing.

Or did I? I will not confirm or deny. :oldrazz:

It's funny how posters can't get their way so they devolve to poking fun at others. Great job guys! You make this thread so cool :o

In trying to have some point that they're reading into things the right way with Batman having retired that very same night without letting anyone have their own opinions. It's quite sad.

It's funny how posters can't get their way so they devolve to poking fun at others. Great job guys! You make this thread so cool :o

In trying to have some point that they're reading into things the right way with Batman having retired that very same night without letting anyone have their own opinions. It's quite sad.
Exactly 54 posts above these:

When you say embrace, what exactly do you mean??? :mag :oldrazz:

Oh snap, son! If your posts were a boat, you'd be sinking, cause they're full of holes!:rimshot:

BURRRRNNNNNNN!!!

Thought I'd share this here:
[YT]i4bXBDr7KUg[/YT]
Someone added a part of the TDKR soundtrack to the SWAT fight in TDK. It makes the scene even more epic IMO.

Always loved that scene. It may possibly be my most favorite moment in the whole trilogy.

Holy s*** that was awesome!

I must note, I think the actual score in that scene is quite good and fitting. But TDKR's score has this amazing sense of desperation and emotional pull to it.

We never said you can't have your own opinion. We just said your opinion is wrong and doesn't match up with what Nolan and his film both state. :oldrazz:

Holy s*** that was awesome!

I must note, I think the actual score in that scene is quite good and fitting. But TDKR's score has this amazing sense of desperation and emotional pull to it.

I agree. I have many problems with TDKR, but the score was never one of those. Zimmer's score has been fantastic in all 3 films.

We never said you can't have your own opinion. We just said your opinion is wrong and doesn't match up with what Nolan and his film both state. :oldrazz:

Haven't been keeping up much with the discussion you guys were having but I do feel the need to address the statement that there is anyone here with a "wrong" opinion.

There is no such thing as a wrong opinion. However, there is such thing as a stupid one. :oldrazz:

The opposite for me... I dislike the score in all three movies, especially in TDKR.

The opposite for me... I dislike the score in all three movies, especially in TDKR.
I really liked it in BB, and then it was alright in TDK, but I really can't remember it in TDKR. I haven't watched it in about a year.

Score is such a huge factor for me in this genre. It can almost be a make a break kind of thing. For instance, I think if The Avengers had a better score I could have loved the movie. And I'd probably like the Burton Bat-films a lot less if not for Elfman's amazing scores. Sometimes the score is telling the story as much as the script is and that really enhances the experience for me.

In the immortal words of President Jack Nicholson...

Haven't been keeping up much with the discussion you guys were having but I do feel the need to address the statement that there is anyone here with a "wrong" opinion.

There is no such thing as a wrong opinion. However, there is such thing as a stupid one. :oldrazz:

I actually disagree (kindof). This gets said a lot on the boards. It often comes from the creation of a false dualism between subjectivity and objectivity. Its assumed that because opinions are subjective, they cannot be right or wrong in the same way as objective "facts." That overly schisms the relationship between opinions and facts. If opinions were unassailable by truth claims there could be no discussion, and furthermore no one would ever change their opinion based on the facts.

I'd rather say opinions can be wrong, but not in the same way that facts are wrong. Its not correct to say one's opinion is a fact (that would reduce the distinction between opinions and facts), but it is correct to say someone else's opinion is wrong in the sense that it doesn't align with reality / the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"