The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - Part 155

Status
Not open for further replies.
"yo', we just found the whole blueprints for the batmobile floating in the sewers, crazy right?"

That was a great scene, but a friend of mine got really upset about it, kept saying "Bruce would never be so sloppy to let some lowly extortionist get ahold of the Batmobile/Tumblr blue-prints!" Of course, it didn't look nearly as bad here as it did in "Returns" a few years earlier.
I'd consider agreeing with your buddy if the tumbler wasn't shown to be a project Lucius worked on while everyone thought Bruce was dead.

"yo', we just found the whole blueprints for the batmobile floating in the sewers, crazy right?"
:lmao:
I prefer how the Penguin got the blueprints in the animated series episode 'The Mechanic'.

gotta wonder why alfred has been flushing those blueprints down the toilet

I prefer how the Penguin got the blueprints in the animated series episode 'The Mechanic'.

Almost anything is better than the way he got them in Returns.

Jonathan Nolan randomly revealed on Reddit that he wrote the Begins teaser voiceover.

http://batman-news.com/2015/10/10/j...tman-begins-trailer-scene-wasnt-in-the-movie/

Memories. I haven't seen that teaser in forever. I forgot how great it was. Back in the days when threads were flooded with "Bale dammit" after that came out. Good times. Better times. I can see why Jonathan says that monologue wouldn't have worked in the movie itself. It's more a promotional type of monologue than an in story one. But then a lot of trailers do have dialogue, and sometimes even footage that doesn't make the final cut of the movie.

Last edited:
For the Nolan's specifically, Interstellar had a great one that was written specifically for the teaser.

Memories. I haven't seen that teaser in forever. I forgot how great it was. Back in the days when threads were flooded with "Bale dammit" after that came out. Good times. Better times. I can see why Jonathan says that monologue wouldn't have worked in the movie itself. It's more a promotional type of monologue than an in story one. But then a lot of trailers do have dialogue, and sometimes even footage that doesn't make the final cut of the movie.

Yeah, I always figured it was written specifically for the teaser as there's no Bruce voiceover in the movie. The thing that still throws me is I can't even place what scene that brief shot of Bale saying "Me" at the end is from, which leads me to wonder whether that was shot specifically for the teaser too.

But indeed, good times. I remember thinking the teaser was so jarring, but in a good way. I couldn't believe they were marketing a new Batman film like that, but it was such a smart move on so many levels.

I think it was overdubbed over another scene. I can't pinpoint it, but it appears to be on the cave.

It barely matches with Bale's lips anyway. He's probably not even saying "me".

I'm thinking it might be from the "It's time my enemies shared my dread" scene, but an entirely different setup that didn't make the film.

I'm trying to figure out what Bruce is wearing... It's either the long coat he gives to the homeless man by the docks, or the other long one he wore when he climbed the mountain/entered Ra's monastery.

In the "share my dread" scene I think it was a grey t-shirt with a blue button-down over the top... But it really does look like the Batcave behind him.

Long story short -- I don't know.

EDIT: Actually, just looking at the texture of it and taken the background and his hair/clean shaven face into account, could it be the long coat he wore when he went into the cave for the first time, and stood in the swarm?

EDIT #2: It's possible we've talked about everything we can possibly talk about with the trilogy. :p

Last edited:
I don't know if it's just me, but since we are now getting a new Batman and a new universe, I can't help but reminisce about the Nolan films.
I always "liked" them, but I never realized just how much until now. Especially Batman Begins. And I just wish we could have seen more of Hathaway's Catwoman.
I can't help but think of more films from this series, even though I DO think it's a tad overrated.

Regardless, I'm very excited for what's to come.

This thread is proof, that we'll never have writer's block when it comes to discussing this trilogy lol.

As for Batboy's post...i think they deserve all the love they get because of its influence, how groundbreaking and earnest they were at the time (and even now when you look at the glossier team-ups every year). And let's not forget the quality cast that gave us oscar level performances, not like other comic franchises who may cast high level talent but they don't seem to do anything too special with them. I mean we get solid work from the big hitters like Downey but we're not really getting nominations or at the very least, Ledger or even Caine level performance with those guys. Of course Fassbender, Leto, Irons etc have the potential to do that in the future, and i would love to see that, but so far this trilogy still deserves the highest praise.

I saw Heath, Bale, Caine, Eckhart, Oldman treat these movies like they would any other important script. I didn't see that with the tremendous Man Of Steel cast for example.

When decades fly by, will people applaud at the trilogy concept for this Nolan series, or will they wish that Nolan made a couple of more films? I guess it just depends on the upcoming Batman movies.

If anything I think it being a trilogy with an ending will be something that makes it stand out more, like we've discussed before. I would hope that people recognize that, because I really am not sure if we'll see something like that again for a long time.

When I was a kid I always wanted to see a third Burton/Keaton film because I felt like that story never truly ended. So seeing a Batman trilogy properly conclude on screen was kind of a dream come true for me.

Last edited:
I'm glad Nolan only made three, because TDKR wasn't as strong as BB or TDK, IMO. I imagine that any post TDKR film would just be a case of diminishing returns.

That's the way it goes for most franchises, so I'd have to agree. TDKR may have been divisive and seen as a step down by many fans, but I think we can least safely say that this iteration of the franchise didn't crash and burn like the previous one. It made it out alive, like Bruce haha.

Memento, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Inception, and Interstellar.

Nice. Though I don't put much stock in IMDb for movie ratings, the fact that Nolan dominated several years on it for highest rated movies will stick in the throats of all the right people. Even nicer that IMDB is publicizing it around.

http://www.outerplaces.com/science-...st-rated-movies-on-imdb-for-the-last-25-years

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...the-best-movies-of-the-last-25-years-20151014

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-top-rated-movies-of-the-last-25-years-on-imdb/

Last edited:
Though I don't put much stock in IMDb for movie ratings, the fact that Nolan dominated several years on it for highest rated movies will stick in the throats of all the right people. Even nicer that IMDB is publicizing it around.

Yup. Their ratings system is obviously flawed. Still cool to see total Nolan domination, nonetheless.

Bingo. :funny:

I'm probably the only Nolan fan here who hasn't seen Memento. I should get around to it.

Besides that, I agree with BB, TDK and Inception being the best films of their respective years. Whereas I thought Interstellar was rather dull in many places.

Memento is really a great movie. Neo-noir at its best. It's one that I can always go back to every so often and it feels like discovering it again for the first time.

He's grown so much as a filmmaker since then, but a lot of his trademark qualities can be traced back to that film, and Following by extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"