Xbox The Xbox One - - Part 14

S and X will eventually have to drop in price as they become less competitive against the new offerings. I’m surprised that the standard next gen console can be that cheap though.
yeah, those prices are surprising. if true, of course.

A $250 Lockhart could be the "secret weapon" for MS to expand their user base.

I wonder, though, if Lockhart will be all digital and maybe that's why price can be so cheap?

I hope Anaconda won't be all digital cuz that would kill pretty much any hype or interest I have for next gen Xbox. especially knowing that PS5 will still support physical dics.

all digital next gen Xbox would pretty much ensure I go team PS next gen......lol.

I hope MS isn't dumb enough to do that........

Last edited:
yeah, those prices are surprising. if true, of course.

A $250 Lockhart could be the "secret weapon" for MS to expand their user base.

I wonder, though, if Lockhart will be all digital and maybe that's why price can be so cheap?

I hope Anaconda won't be all digital cuz that would kill pretty much any hype or interest I have for next gen Xbox. especially knowing that PS5 will still support physical dics.

all digital next gen Xbox would pretty much ensure I go team PS next gen......lol.

I hope MS isn't dumb enough to do that........
If so it would be aimed at more casual gamers with the Anaconda aimed at serious gamers. I thnk $500 is ok for that as long as it really is a beast and a big jump from the X1X and also an obvious improvement on the PS5. If the Anaconda isn't noticeably more powerful than the PS5 I don't know how Microsoft is going to avoid another heavy defeat early on.

yeah. that's one reason why I've been playing KI again. lots of easy achievements to rack up. got to build up that paltry Gamerscore........lol.

and sure we could play when you're free.
Let's do it! It's a fun game.

If so it would be aimed at more casual gamers with the Anaconda aimed at serious gamers. I thnk $500 is ok for that as long as it really is a beast and a big jump from the X1X and also an obvious improvement on the PS5. If the Anaconda isn't noticeably more powerful than the PS5 I don't know how Microsoft is going to avoid another heavy defeat early on.

that's why Xbox needs the GAMES.......lol.

but I do hope Xbox can be more competitive next gen. a new cycle is always a chance to start fresh. But PS4 has built up so a huge userbase, I don't know how MS can overcome that. :(

guess it's up to us Xbox loyalists to support Xbox. haha.

I will stick with Xbox if they give me reason to stick with them. That's why this E3 is very important for MS. The ball is in their court. They are the only ones standing in the court. Now they just have to hit that ball dead on and knock it out of the park.

Can't afford stupid **** ups like the X1 reveal.

They need a beast of a console with no stupid gimmicks ( Kinect, digital only, etc. ). and new exclusive games and IPS to showcase that beast of a console.

All at a reasonable price.

Let's do it! It's a fun game.
KI is fun. now just imagine a KI 2 with a bigger budget and more polish. it could be insane!!

oh, and how about Diablo III? do you own/play that? that's another game we could play together. It's one of my fav games this gen and seems to be my go to game. I always have it handy......lol.

I've been picking Diablo III back up, too, and getting back into the story. I've got such a huge backlog of games.......lol

but I do hope Xbox can be more competitive next gen. a new cycle is always a chance to start fresh. But PS4 has built up so a huge userbase, I don't know how MS can overcome that. :(

I will stick with Xbox if they give me reason to stick with them. That's why this E3 is very important for MS. The ball is in their court. They are the only ones standing in the court. Now they just have to hit that ball dead on and knock it out of the park.

They need a beast of a console with no stupid gimmicks ( Kinect, digital only, etc. ). and new exclusive games and IPS to showcase that beast of a console.

I'm sure they know how much that launch last time cost them, not only during the launch period but over the whole generation and further forward too. Mattrick F'd up all the hard work and progress made under the original Xbox and 360 brand. Phil Spencer isn't as stupid so I'm confident on that front. They need that power advantage for now to make multiplats more attractive on their console, and in the meantime be working with all their new studios to crank out games on a par with the likes of Uncharted 4, God of War 4 and Spider-man.

KI is fun. now just imagine a KI 2 with a bigger budget and more polish. it could be insane!!

oh, and how about Diablo III? do you own/play that? that's another game we could play together. It's one of my fav games this gen and seems to be my go to game. I always have it handy......lol.

I've been picking Diablo III back up, too, and getting back into the story. I've got such a huge backlog of games.......lol
Yeah, loads of potential with that one. I hope they really go for it next time.

I own it but haven't even started it. Definitely up for playing it. Let's ruthlessly knock one of these out at a time and then move on to the next one. Tonnes of good stuff to get through. Have you got the previous Mortal Kombat game?

Eh... I dunno.

Xbox is looking to show up in a plethora of different platforms now.

They may do one more hefty beasty console... but, I'm seeing them move their resources to a streaming platform.

They'll still have a few games exclusively under the Xbox moniker.

I just don't see them competing as ferociously as they were in the 360 days.

Those days are over.

Eh... I dunno.

They may do one more hefty beasty console... but, I'm seeing them move their resources to a streaming platform.

Those days are over.

well, that would be the wrong move, imo. And that would be make me feel like MS/Xbox has abandoned me as the core gamer.

I hope that doesn't happen. but sadly, if Xbox underperforms next gen, I could see MS going in that direction. :(

Yeah, loads of potential with that one. I hope they really go for it next time.

I own it but haven't even started it. Definitely up for playing it. Let's ruthlessly knock one of these out at a time and then move on to the next one. Tonnes of good stuff to get through. Have you got the previous Mortal Kombat game?
no, I don't have the previous MK game. though I think it's on Game Pass now so I might have downloaded it to check it out.

I haven't really been following MK since MK 3.......lol. It's just not a series I have been that into for a long time.

and from the looks of it, I think I'm going to pass on the new MK 11 as well. just too violent and gorey for my taste.

I would much rather play the other fighting games we've talked about ( KI, SC 6, IJ 2, etc. ) than get the new MK.

no, I don't have the previous MK game. though I think it's on Game Pass now so I might have downloaded it to check it out.

I haven't really been following MK since MK 3.......lol. It's just not a series I have been that into for a long time.

and from the looks of it, I think I'm going to pass on the new MK 11 as well. just too violent and gorey for my taste.

I would much rather play the other fighting games we've talked about ( KI, SC 6, IJ 2, etc. ) than get the new MK.

and yes. Diablo III is super fun. I think we can enjoy that game together. it's satisyfing just going around and slaying demons and monsters and collecting loot........lol.

Last edited:
well, that would be the wrong move, imo. And that would be make me feel like MS/Xbox has abandoned me as the core gamer.

I hope that doesn't happen. but sadly, if Xbox underperforms next gen, I could see MS going in that direction. :(
Yeah. As you can see. These moves from Xbox Play Anywhere to Xbox Live being on the Switch to even Microsoft's push for cross-platform play. They're not shooting at the dark and seeing what's sticking. Alongside with rumors of a streaming box on the horizon... they're putting down some solid stacks of chips on the table.

5 years ago, some reporters rightly predicted that the console era may very well be coming to an end soon--as tech is finding ways to get to a singularity point for massive consumption.

The winner of the console era this time around, will still remain with Sony. But that's because other competitors are looking for revenue elsewhere.

I'm sure they know how much that launch last time cost them, not only during the launch period but over the whole generation and further forward too. Mattrick F'd up all the hard work and progress made under the original Xbox and 360 brand. Phil Spencer isn't as stupid so I'm confident on that front. They need that power advantage for now to make multiplats more attractive on their console, and in the meantime be working with all their new studios to crank out games on a par with the likes of Uncharted 4, God of War 4 and Spider-man.
hopefully they can pull it off. though it's going to take some time for the new studios to start bearing fruit.

hopefully they can produce quality games on par with PS exclusives, even though they don't have to be the exact same type of games. but the quality level needs to be there.

Oh, and have you heard about the rumored Ninja Theory new game that may be unveiled at E3?

it seems more and more rumors/leaks are pointing to a 4 player co-op sci-fi melee type game.

Ninja Theory's Leaked Xbox Exclusive Game Sounds Familiar, Reveal at E3 2019 | SegmentNext

Yeah. As you can see. These moves from Xbox Play Anywhere to Xbox Live being on the Switch to even Microsoft's push for cross-platform play. They're not shooting at the dark and seeing what's sticking. Alongside with rumors of a streaming box on the horizon... they're putting down some solid stacks of chips on the table.

5 years ago, some reporters rightly predicted that the console era may very well be coming to an end soon--as tech is finding ways to get to a singularity point for massive consumption.
oh, yeah. I see it. that's why I've been concerned by their recent moves and shifts in vision.

if they do shift away from the traditional console, then Xbox will lose me because I still want that traditional console experience.

that's why I'm eager to see what they have in store at E3 and with the new consoles.

Eh... I dunno.

Those days are over.
The thing is they will need exclusives more than ever for that streaming service as everyone and their uncle will soon have a streaming service. When you have a huge base of console players, they are also more likely to choose your streaming service above anyone else's too. (although I guess hardcore gamers aren't expected to be a big part of the early customer base for streaming). I can see Sony and Nintendo partnering up with someone to deliver their service as they will need cloud infrastructure.

hopefully they can pull it off. though it's going to take some time for the new studios to start bearing fruit.

hopefully they can produce quality games on par with PS exclusives, even though they don't have to be the exact same type of games. but the quality level needs to be there.

Oh, and have you heard about the rumored Ninja Theory new game that may be unveiled at E3?

it seems more and more rumors/leaks are pointing to a 4 player co-op sci-fi melee type game.

Ninja Theory's Leaked Xbox Exclusive Game Sounds Familiar, Reveal at E3 2019 | SegmentNext
I just hope they are targeting AAA level franchises rather than filler like Crackdown.

oh, yeah. I see it. that's why I've been concerned by their recent moves and shifts in vision.

if they do shift away from the traditional console, then Xbox will lose me because I still want that traditional console experience.

that's why I'm eager to see what they have in store at E3 and with the new consoles.
Streaming is expected to become massive, but it will take a long time to get there. Traditional gamers aren't expected to move to it until it is many years down the line (probably not for next gen at all).

The thing is they will need exclusives more than ever for that streaming service as everyone and their uncle will soon have a streaming service. When you have a huge base of console players, they are also more likely to choose your streaming service above anyone else's too. (although I guess hardcore gamers aren't expected to be a big part of the early customer base for streaming). I can see Sony and Nintendo partnering up with someone to deliver their service as they will need cloud infrastructure.
That would be cool to see a Sony x Nintendo deal... but Sony has been very hesitant to open up their network until just recently and even then--they did so kicking and screaming, so to speak. And Microsoft already approached Nintendo with an Xbox Live app to start. So MS is already positioning itself far better than Sony, in that regard. It remains to be seen if Sony will do so with Nintendo.

That said, if Microsoft, or Google or Nintendo, successfully pitches to the video gamers, all over the world, that they can play with just as much raw power than the current or future gen of consoles. That could just end the console era all together.

Because the golden rule for gamers, in my opinion, has always been, one system that does it all. And so far the best catalyst for that has been on the mobile/tablet/hybrid/cloud front.

Last edited:
I just hope they are targeting AAA level franchises rather than filler like Crackdown.
that is my fear and worry. MS bought all these studios mainly to output "filler games" for Game Pass. I hope that isn't the case. if it is the case, then that could very well spell the end for Xbox. I predict if MS can't bolster its state of games with quality exclusives and new ips, then there will be a mass exodus of Xbox gamers to the Playstation.

not every game has to be AAA quality. but they should at least be a strong AA. and certainly not mediocre crap like Crackdown.

it seems like Crackdown 3 was the turning point or "last straw" for many Xbox gamers. I've noticed quite a few Xbox loyal Youtubers starting to turn on Xbox after Crackdown 3.

That would be cool to see a Sony x Nintendo deal... but Sony has been very hesitant to open up their network until just recently and even then--they did so kicking and screaming, so to speak. And Microsoft already approached Nintendo with an Xbox Live app to start. So MS is already positioning itself far better than Sony, in that regard. It remains to be seen if Sony will do so with Nintendo.

That said, if Microsoft, or Google or Nintendo, successfully pitches to the video gamers, all over the world, that they can play with just as much raw power than the current or future gen of consoles. That could just end the console era all together.

Because the golden rule for gamers, in my opinion, has always been, one system that does it all. And so far the best catalyst for that has been on the mobile/tablet/hybrid/cloud front.
I think as 5G rolls out and becomes entrenched, attitudes will change. When the lag you are getting from streaming becomes inconsequential, hardcore gamers will start moving too. The same thing happened with home cinema systems and discs with streaming now an important part of it. Even high end amps have all kinds of streaming functions now, even while streaming is supposed to be inferior to the physical discs.

the problem I have with streaming/digital is that you lose all sense of ownership of the media.

at least with digital, you can download it to your device and you own it in that sense. but it's still not the same as owning the actual disc.

plus, with digital/streaming, you can't sell or trade in the game or share it with a friend.

the problem I have with streaming/digital is that you lose all sense of ownership of the media.

at least with digital, you can download it to your device and you own it in that sense. but it's still not the same as owning the actual disc.

plus, with digital/streaming, you can't sell or trade in the game or share it with a friend.
It's entirely possible that trading, selling, or sharing won't be a thing anymore. Sort of how music is now in days.

I haven't remembered a recent time where I'm letting my friends borrow a CD... only because it's easier for my friends to access the same content online and do it on their own time. I simply say, "dude, check out so-n-so![insert link]"

It's entirely possible that trading, selling, or sharing won't be a thing anymore. Sort of how music is now in days.

I haven't remembered a recent time where I'm letting my friends borrow a CD... only because it's easier for my friends to access the same content online and do it on their own time. I simply say, "dude, check out so-n-so![insert link]"
that's true......lol.

but I'm still old school and old fashioned. I still want the traditional console experience. and as of now, we know PS5 will still use physical discs. so that's a plus in my book.

Last edited:

With streaming though you aren’t paying to buy anything so you wouldn’t expect to own it. You are paying to have instant access to a huge library and use it as much as you want. A library that would cost a fortune to actually buy. And with streaming like Netflix you can have a bunch of people share the same account.

that's true......lol.

but I'm still old school and old fashioned. I still want the traditional console experience. and as of now, we know PS5 will still use physical discs. so that's a plus in my book.
I have an Xbox in each room of my house, one at my sister’s and one at my parent’s house. I love with digital titles that I don’t even have to take any discs with me when I go visit. I have access to all digital titles from anywhere that’s I have an Xbox and can just carry on from where I left of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"