Xbox The Xbox One - - Part 14

yeah. but it seems like they left KI "unfinished." Towards the end, they were finally adding those ultimate finishers. but only some characters got them and not others.

that just seemed......odd they would leave the game in such a state.
Maybe giving them to certain characters was the intention. I don’t know. It was so well supported for years after release that it would be weird to stop short on just on thing.

Maybe giving them to certain characters was the intention. I don’t know. It was so well supported for years after release that it would be weird to stop short on just on thing.

yeah. but that just seems odd and incomplete.

it would be like playing a MK game and only some characters had fatalities.

nice! I'm thinking of preordering it, too. it looks great and I've been having fun playing FH3.
I was almost gonna buy FH3 (got the free digital version of FH2 from games with gold) and when straightening out my movie and games I forgot that I bought FH3 on black friday lol.

I was almost gonna buy FH3 (got the free digital version of FH2 from games with gold) and when straightening out my movie and games I forgot that I bought FH3 on black friday lol.

good thing you checked.....lol.

I got FH3 digital for free when it came with a past X1S bundle that I bought.

anyways, I'll send you a Friend Request through Xbox later on so we can share gamertags.

it popped up when I was on my laptop LOL

not a big sports guy I do like racing games I have (disc and digital)
Forza Horizon 2 (digital)
Forza Horizon 3
Forza Motorsport 5 (digital)
Project CARS (digital)
Forza Motorsport 7
GTA V
Far Cry 4
Far Cry Primal
Rare Replay (30 years and 30 different Rare games from NES up to 360)
Mad Max
Killer Instinct Definitive Edition
Sunset Overdrive
RECORE

not a big sports guy I do like racing games I have (disc and digital)
Forza Horizon 2 (digital)
Forza Horizon 3
Forza Motorsport 5 (digital)
Project CARS (digital)
Forza Motorsport 7
GTA V
Far Cry 4
Far Cry Primal
Rare Replay (30 years and 30 different Rare games from NES up to 360)
Mad Max
Killer Instinct Definitive Edition
Sunset Overdrive
RECORE

wow. you really do like racing games.....lol.

I don't normally like racers, but I'm becoming a fan of the Forza series. I just preordered FH4, too, so maybe we can race each other then.

I also have Killer Instinct, but don't play it much. I prefer Injustice 2 and Street Fighter IV from 360.

also, I'm getting WWE 2K19 and Soul Calibur VI in October, so if you have plans to get any of those, maybe we can play together.

I also play Diablo III a lot, but I've never played multiplayer on that.

oh, and I just got base Destiny 2 for free, so that's another game we could play together.

anyways, hope you enjoy your new X and thanks for accepting my friends request! :)

Last edited:
Did anyone here go to Pax Seattle? I wasn’t able to go but would have really liked to go. Most people at my work aren’t into gaming so I am trying to find a few folks to meet and go with next year. It looked like a lot of fun! I know there was a bioware panel for Anthem. Anyone else play anything xbox related at Pax?

Anthem is another game that's going to look great on X. I just preordered that, too.

speaking of which, I did another comparison of Diablo III on Pro vs X the other night. while both are nearly identical, I still feel the colors, visuals, and details pop just little more on the X.

was trying out my backlog of games with gold games was playing The Turing Test interesting and puzzling game if you have it but have not played it yet give it a try

Anyone interested in Elder Scrolls Online? Otherwise I'm playing Warhammer: Vermintide but that's a pretty hardcore game for difficulty.

Did anyone here go to Pax Seattle? I wasn’t able to go but would have really liked to go. Most people at my work aren’t into gaming so I am trying to find a few folks to meet and go with next year. It looked like a lot of fun! I know there was a bioware panel for Anthem. Anyone else play anything xbox related at Pax?
I'm not in the right country lol, but I do like going to gaming conventions here (U.K.).

Anyone interested in Elder Scrolls Online? Otherwise I'm playing Warhammer: Vermintide but that's a pretty hardcore game for difficulty.

I'm debating getting ESO. I tried it out once when it first came out on the PS4. and the MMORPG structure kind of threw me off, especially with all the other players running about...….lol.

I always prefer solo play like Skyrim, but the defined "classes" like Templar in ESO seem more appealing plus the character creator seems better in ESO.

I may give it another shot, especially if it's a game you play as well.

can one play ESO solo, though?

I'm debating getting ESO. I tried it out once when it first came out on the PS4. and the MMORPG structure kind of threw me off, especially with all the other players running about...….lol.

I always prefer solo play like Skyrim, but the defined "classes" like Templar in ESO seem more appealing plus the character creator seems better in ESO.

I may give it another shot, especially if it's a game you play as well.

can one play ESO solo, though?
You can absolutely play it solo. You need a team for dungeons but it's not like you need to do dungeons. You can pretty much play the game like Skyrim. It's more fun with more players IMO but that doesn't mean it's not fun solo (if you like Elder Scrolls games in general).

You can absolutely play it solo. You need a team for dungeons but it's not like you need to do dungeons. You can pretty much play the game like Skyrim. It's more fun with more players IMO but that doesn't mean it's not fun solo (if you like Elder Scrolls games in general).

thanks. that's good to know. If I can play it pretty much solo like Skyrim, then I may give it another go.

when playing in teams, do you have to wear a headset and talk with your teammates to coordinate stuff?

I don't have a headset, and as a solo player, I'm not sure I would make an effective team player.....lol.

Last edited:
thanks. that's good to know. If I can play it pretty much solo like Skyrim, then I may give it another go.

when playing in teams, do you have to wear a headset and talk with your teammates to coordinate stuff?

I don't have a headset, and as a solo player, I'm not sure I would make an effective team player.....lol.
You don't have to wear a headset for anything but if you're trying to beat a dungeon it might make things easier. For the regular Skyrim-style game you don't need a headset at all and you can send messages to tell the other player what you want to do or if there is a problem picking up a mission for eg. And even without a headset and even if you were the worst player ever, as long as you know how to follow another player (so there isn't loads of time wasted getting lost) you are still a help as you are another target for the enemy's attention and a distraction. So if you follow me into battle against 2 enemies and then you just stand there and do nothing, you are still being a significant help as one of the enemies is likely to go to you and I will have a 1 on 1 instead of a 2 on 1 and can take them out 1 at a time. It will also mean you can level up faster playing with others as it is literally more people doing the same amount of work in a mission that one person would have to do. Think of it as Skyrim with help. ;)

You don't have to wear a headset for anything but if you're trying to beat a dungeon it might make things easier. For the regular Skyrim-style game you don't need a headset at all and you can send messages to tell the other player what you want to do or if there is a problem picking up a mission for eg. And even without a headset and even if you were the worst player ever, as long as you know how to follow another player (so there isn't loads of time wasted getting lost) you are still a help as you are another target for the enemy's attention and a distraction. So if you follow me into battle against 2 enemies and then you just stand there and do nothing, you are still being a significant help as one of the enemies is likely to go to you and I will have a 1 on 1 instead of a 2 on 1 and can take them out 1 at a time. It will also mean you can level up faster playing with others as it is literally more people doing the same amount of work in a mission that one person would have to do. Think of it as Skyrim with help. ;)

thanks for explaining all of that. that gives me a better idea of what to expect.

I'm also reading up on the story/characters of ESO to see if it interests me. and watching character creation vids on Youtube to get an idea of what kind of characters I can create. The character creator in Skyrim was one of the weak points, imo, since some of the character models don't look so hot. Like, why do Bretons have such wrinkly foreheads??!! lol

If I do get ESO, I may end up getting it for the PS4, though. I still think I'm leaning towards PS4 as my main console.

What games have good character creators out of interest?

What games have good character creators out of interest?

well, "good" is kind of subjective, since everyone has different tastes when it comes to Character Creation (CC).

I define a CC as "good" if I can make a reasonably/acceptably attractive female character or handsome male character, based on my tastes and preferences, of course. and how easy is it to make said character or replicate other people's characters I find online.

I'd say, as an example, the WWE games tend to have fairly robust CCs. The Dragon Age games had good ones, too. As did the original ME games, especially with the face code system which made it easy to replicate faces.

In contrast, ME Andromeda had a crappy CC which was a huge step back from prior games. It was severely limiting, imo.

Skyrim has an ok CC. It's not the worst, but it could be better. And a lot of that, for me, has to do with the design choices Bethesda made with the game, not with the CC itself. For example, unlike other fantasy games, elves in Skyrim aren't exactly "pretty." So if you want to make the typical hot elf in CC, it's hard to do. Bretons have that weird forehead wrinkle that you can't get rid of. etc.

Oh right. I liked the look of my character (a female dark elf) and other people’s characters I’ve seen in ESO. Seen quite a few handsome/hotbcharacters walking around lol, although not sure if to your tastes.

My previous characters in ES games have been reptilian or cat man so a bit more difficult to judge.

from what I've seen of ESO, it does seem like you can make better looking characters.

and speaking of ESO, I've been looking at the various offerings and I'm a bit confused. I know there's the base game (Tamriel edition I think ). Then they released the Morrowind expansion. And now the new Summerset expansion.

If I buy the new Summerset expansion, does that include the base game and Morrowind expansion? do you know? Or do I have to buy all 3 to get the full experience?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"