The Xbox One - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure all bundled games for the X1 are going to be digital.

That's a pretty sweet deal. I'm more or less full on digital now. I have Injustice, Destiny and Diablo digital on my PS4.. Pretty sure I'm gonna get Sunset as Digital as well as DA and SoM..I won't Halo because that will go in neat with all my other Halo stuff.

I'll just get either two 4TB HDDs after the new year or one 8 and I should be good for the generation. I plan on gaming primarily on the X1 going forward but I'm sure I'll upgrade my PS hdd eventually as well.

it is a pretty good deal. ACU alone is $60. Black Flag still looks to be around $50. so that's around $110 in games. So, that's like getting the $400 console for around $290 or $300.

and speaking of digital games. when you download games via digital code like the AC games will be, is that download tied to your GT account?

so, if you delete it ( to free up space ) and want to reinstall it later, you can just go back to the Store and redownload it again?

That's really strange considering how the COD bundle comes out just a day afterward. They're going to do two bundles side-by-side like that. Really odd, surprised that there's not some deal for Activision to have November all to themselves as far as bundles go.

and speaking of digital games. when you download games via digital code like the AC games will be, is that download tied to your GT account?

so, if you delete it ( to free up space ) and want to reinstall it later, you can just go back to the Store and redownload it again?

Yeah.

That's really strange considering how the COD bundle comes out just a day afterward. They're going to do two bundles side-by-side like that. Really odd, surprised that there's not some deal for Activision to have November all to themselves as far as bundles go.

Yeah.

thanks!

and yeah, there will be quite a few bundles this holiday......lol.

still holding out hope there will be a standard 1TB bundle announced before the holidays, too.

if MS does that, that would essentially solidify my decision to get an X1 this year.

edit: and here's the statement with the bundle announcement:

“This holiday we’re focused on offering fans the best games, with unprecedented choice and value,” said Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president, Microsoft. “We’ve lined up an incredible set of bundles to support the launch of some of the most anticipated game launches of the year, including Assassin’s Creed Unity, Sunset Overdrive, and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Combined with our award-winning games line-up this holiday, it’s an incredible time to play on Xbox One. Over the next two months, we look forward to celebrating with fans every week as we launch new games, new bundles, and a few surprises for Xbox One.”

hmmmmmmm................

Last edited:
It should, cause at around 5%, it says you can start the game. I haven't tried though, I just waited for it to fully install.

Each game varies on what it lets you play. Some games will only let you browse the menu while it loads. Games like NBA 2K15, you are just thrown in to a predetermined game. So technically you can play the game as it installs, most of the time it's extremely limited

Each game varies on what it lets you play. Some games will only let you browse the menu while it loads. Games like NBA 2K15, you are just thrown in to a predetermined game. So technically you can play the game as it installs, most of the time it's extremely limited

ah. that seems a bit more limited than the PS4 then.

Again, I think it would depend on the game. Like I said, something like a Halo, COD or even an NBA2K isn't going to let you play the full game, cause you have to have all the maps, weapons, etc loaded in order to play. But for campaigns, if the game is 20-30 hours long, and you only loaded 5% of the game, I'm sure you can start playing, as you're not going to be able to go past an hour of gameplay.

Does that make sense? MP games and campaigns aren't the same thing. You need all the data to play MP games, but you can have partial data to at least start a campaign.

Last edited:
ah. that seems a bit more limited than the PS4 then.

Not really, it depends on the game. NBA 2K15 as I mentioned only allows you to play a predetermined game while the disc install. Thats for the PS4 and X1.

Not really, it depends on the game. NBA 2K15 as I mentioned only allows you to play a predetermined game while the disc install. Thats for the PS4 and X1.

oh, so the PS4 version does it too??

That's a pretty sweet deal. I'm more or less full on digital now. I have Injustice, Destiny and Diablo digital on my PS4.. Pretty sure I'm gonna get Sunset as Digital as well as DA and SoM..I won't Halo because that will go in neat with all my other Halo stuff.

I'll just get either two 4TB HDDs after the new year or one 8 and I should be good for the generation. I plan on gaming primarily on the X1 going forward but I'm sure I'll upgrade my PS hdd eventually as well.
How much do you think 2x4 or 1x8 TB might cost? When I fill up what I have I'll look at getting something like a 10TB or whatever I think at that point will last me the generation. Only want to buy one external and never have to delete anything.

oh, so the PS4 version does it too??

Yea. The difference is the ps4 is just quicker to install the full game, but just like with the X1, U still have to wait for the info to install.

I'm not crazy about digital bundles, but two new games and a Kinect for 500 is not a terrible deal.

But now i think the Halo bundle is all but guaranteed. Just a question of when.

Black Flag will be worth about 10 bucks after Black Friday though. But as a freebie, it's nice.

Yeah, I was pretty doubtful there was going to be a Halo bundle, but ****, since they're doing bundles for major games a damn day apart, I guess that's up in the air, too.

I'm not crazy about digital bundles, but two new games and a Kinect for 500 is not a terrible deal.

But now i think the Halo bundle is all but guaranteed. Just a question of when.

Black Flag will be worth about 10 bucks after Black Friday though. But as a freebie, it's nice.

hope it's not the white bundle.

a black 1b console would be perfect. :cwink:

Yeah, I was pretty doubtful there was going to be a Halo bundle, but ****, since they're doing bundles for major games a damn day apart, I guess that's up in the air, too.

and that's why I wouldn't be shocked if they also announced a standard 1tb black console.

it may not happen in time for Holidays, but I wouldn't be shocked if we saw it in a few months.

Yea. The difference is the ps4 is just quicker to install the full game, but just like with the X1, U still have to wait for the info to install.

ah.

hopefully, MS can continue to work on getting the X1 install times down to PS4 levels.

For the record, I did predict this. Microsoft is going all out this season.

Though none of this is particularly impressive. I mean, Unity will be on sale for Black Friday at almost half price, and Black Flag will be in the bargain bin by Christmas.

If they were actual physical games, then there would be something to talk about.

The Kinect bundle is a bit more generous.

I'm still waiting for that perfect bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"