The Xbox One - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats wrong with indie games? Also Rayman hasnt been good since the dreamcast

Well, I hate 99% of Indie games, but it's more of an issue of value. These are mostly mobile games. Now Sony and Microsoft can drown is in an endless deluge of inexpensive indie games so they don't have to give AAA home console games.

Also, Rayman Origins and Legends weren't bad.

hattersd2fgh.gif

But really, it's silly to equate indie with mobile. Even if a lot of them end up on mobile devices, they generally share very different aesthetics and design philosophies.

Well, I really liked Shovel Knight. And Towerfall isn't bad. But I bought them respectively for 10 and 5 bucks. I just them as lowering the overall value of these services.

There's tons of great indie titles out there, so as long as their good, who cares if their graphics aren't AAA. I have no idea, though, if they are giving those great titles away with Plus, since I never had it, or Gold, which I don't have now either.

There's tons of great indie titles out there, so as long as their good, who cares if their graphics aren't AAA. I have no idea, though, if they are giving those great titles away with Plus, since I never had it, or Gold, which I don't have now either.

there's been good ones such as Fez, OlliOlli 2, Trine 2, Transistor, Rogue Legacy, Velocity 2X, among others

Ah, Transistor seems like it'd be really good.

Well, my friends who love indies loved Transistor which was on PS Plus last month. That's like the crème de la crème of indie games going by the internet. Octodad is also very popular with indie fans, that's out this month. Resogun is another that was available in the past that indie fans loved.

Well, my friends who love indies loved Transistor which was on PS Plus last month. That's like the crème de la crème of indie games going by the internet. Octodad is also very popular with indie fans, that's out this month. Resogun is another that was available in the past that indie fans loved.

Hmm

On PS4, I think Resogun is the most popular.

Indie games are cool. I bought nearly every one available on 360. You just don't need expensive new systems every few years (or pc upgrades) if you're happy with indies and older lower spec games. New systems are only needed for demanding AAA games that go beyond what the previous generation is capable off.

I plan to get White Night soon, that looks like a really solid indie.

I plan to get White Night soon, that looks like a really solid indie.

White Night is great, but when they say "Old School" survival horror, they mean it. I'm loving it, but it's been a point of contention with some folks.

Apotheon isn't bad at all. The Oddworld remake is a nice bit of nostalgia.

White Night is great, but when they say "Old School" survival horror, they mean it. I'm loving it, but it's been a point of contention with some folks.

Old school in what sense? Like older RE? Because I'm fine with that. I played through and 100% REMake HD.

Xbox One
Kudo Tsunoda to lead new Microsoft Studios development teams

Published 1 min ago. 25 comments.
Kudo leading everything outside of Halo, Gears, Forza, and Minecraft.

Tsunoda-Xbox-New-Role.jpg

Kudo Tsunoda, best known as the creative force behind the Xbox Kinect project (as well as the upcoming Microsoft HoloLens), is taking on a new role at Microsoft Studios, the company announced.
While the Halo, Gears of War, Forza, and Minecraft franchises will continue to report to Xbox boss Phil Spencer, Tsunoda will “lead the vision and experience development” of other Microsoft Studios portfolio investments in the U.S., Europe, and across Microsoft’s global publishing team.
This includes developers like Rare, Lionhead Studios, and Lift London, third-party publishing partners like Platinum Games (Scalebound), Remedy Entertainment (Quantum Break), and smaller teams like Press Play.
A video interview with Tsunoda published today outlines a few changes at Microsoft Studios, including:

• Black Tusk general manager Hanno Lemke moving to London to be general manager of U.K. studios and Press Play
  • Lionhead Studios boss John Needham moving to Redmond to focus on Microsoft HoloLens development
  • Big Park general manager Will Mozell to be the general manager of Microsoft Studios Canada
  • We’ll hear more about the next Gears of War “soon”
Tsunoda is also now on Twitter @kudotsunoda.
Watch the video below.
[YT]hGb_ltmH02o[/YT]

Read More

Xbox One, Clips, Kudo Tsunoda, Microsoft
source: Gematsu

Gears of War soon, nice! Got to see if this new Black Tusk studio are worth their salt.

Xbox One
Xbox One March update rolling out now

Published 1 min ago. 0 comments.

Screenshots, real name sharing, and more added.

XB1-March-Update-Now.jpg
The March update for Xbox One has begun rolling out to users.
The update adds the long-awaited ability to take screenshots, real name sharing with friends, improvements to party chat, and a host of other new features.
Find the March update preview video and full list of updates below.

[YT]shbt3hKECHY[/YT]
Features

• Screenshots – You can now take screenshots on your Xbox One console by simply double-tapping the Xbox button on your controller to capture a screenshot and pressing Y to save the screenshot. You can also say “Xbox, take a screenshot” to take and save a screenshot.
  • Upload app – You can manage your screenshots in addition to your game clips in the Upload app. To set a screenshot as your background, go to Upload, open the screenshot full screen, press the Menu button, and select Set as background. You can also use Upload to share screenshots to your activity feed, attach them to messages, add screenshots to your showcase, share to Twitter, and post to OneDrive.
  • Suggested friends – To find new friends, go to Friends and look for people under the Suggested friends heading or select the Suggested friends Or, if you don’t have a ton of friends yet, just check the Friends area of Home.
  • Sharing your name – Gamertags are still the primary method of identifying yourself on Xbox Live, but sharing your real name helps people recognize you who might not know you by your gamertag. The new name sharing options can be found under Friends > My profile > Name sharing settings.
  • Party chat enhancements – We added two new icons to party chat to show each participant their own microphone status. The Kinect icon means the Kinect is being used as the mic and the headset icon means the headset mic is being used.
  • Tile transparency – We’re adding a setting to vary the level of transparency for your background images. To do this, go to Settings > My Xbox > Tile transparency.
  • Voice search privacy – We added a new setting to share voice search data to allow anonymous collection and analysis of voice data when using Bing on Xbox to search. Go to Settings > Privacy and online safety > Custom > Share voice search data to change the setting.
  • Report spam – The Messages app has an added option to notify Xbox when you receive spam. To report a message as spam, select it, press A on the controller, select Report, and then choose Spam.
  • Live TV & OneGuide in Australia – Support for OneGuide is now available to all users in Australia for free-to-air TV listings. Additionally, the OneGuide app will be pre-pinned for users in Australia a few days after the March system update goes live.
  • Xbox One Digital TV Tuner in Australia – Xbox One owners in Australia can pre-purchase the Xbox Digital TV Tuner at the online Microsoft Store, Availability of the tuner is planned for March 25, 2015.
Read More

Xbox One, Clips, Gameplay, Microsoft, Xbox One

source: Gematsu

Rayman Legends is really good.

That is a understamite the game is amazing! DKTF and rayman legends are right there as some of the best platformer games ever! I already have rayman legends on wii u so I am not going to get it again but just wondering has any one played it on wii u and either ps4 or xboxone and if so like how much better dose it look? Is it just slightly better looking, the same, way better ect?

What app do you all use to snap while playing games?

I've never really used Snap. I don't really understand it.

What app do you all use to snap while playing games?

Iv used a few. Iv snapped the party app, Iv used the achievements and internet app(to see how to unlock an achievement without having to leave the game) and the one I use most frequently is the TV app. I'll have that snapped and watching an NBA game or something while I'm either waitin in a lobby for a match to start or while I'm doing something mundane like making trades or roster adjustments in NBA 2K

you don't understand what it's for? I thought it was there to have 2 things running simultaneously on the screen

No, I understand what it does. I guess bad wording on my part. I just don't get what the point of it really is. Googling an achievement and all, but eh, I don't know, just not something I have much use for, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"