The Dark Knight Rises Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Personally I think the problem was the Talia reveal came a bit too late in the film, and from that moment until her death felt a bit rushed. And did imply Bane being a bit of a lacky, if she had been revealed a bit earlier and maybe had a bit more dialogue with Bane it could of developed their positions a bit more.

Personally I think the problem was the Talia reveal came a bit too late in the film, and from that moment until her death felt a bit rushed. And did imply Bane being a bit of a lacky, if she had been revealed a bit earlier and maybe had a bit more dialogue with Bane it could of developed their positions a bit more.
Structurally, her reveal came at the exact same place in the narrative as the inception reveal came in Inception. Both twists had subtle clues placed throughout the film before the reveal. Why then, was Inception's twist more effective then TDKR's? Perhaps because in Inception the twist was delivered to Cotillard and in TDKR the twist was delivered by Cotillard? Perhaps the twist being a secret of the protagonist who we've come to know proved more involving than the twist of a hidden, silent enemy?

Structurally, her reveal came at the exact same place in the narrative as the inception reveal came in Inception. Both twists had subtle clues placed throughout the film before the reveal. Why then, was Inception's twist more effective then TDKR's? Perhaps because in Inception the twist was delivered to Cotillard and in TDKR the twist was delivered by Cotillard? Perhaps the twist being a secret of the protagonist who we've come to know proved more involving than the twist of a hidden, silent enemy?

This

I don't think it really is anything to do with the twist in itself or by which it is delivered, it is more to do with the fact the consequence of the twist/reveal does seem to belittle Banes role somewhat. Like I said perhaps if the reveal had come earlier and we had seen more dialogue with Bane and Talia that showed differently. But the last Talia scenes seem very rushed through imo.

I feel the reveal was fine itself. Imo, one of the best scenes in TDKR. What makes the reveal and the character itself worse is the dubbed "laughable" death scene that pretty much came right after the reveal minus a few pieces of dialogue and shots of her in that HEMTT.

Ya, I think I would have greatly appreciated seeing the relationship of Talia and Bane and Talia and Bruce. Not Miranda and Bruce. I think even having herself when Batman was broken would have been adequate. But you would have to restructure the story. Overall I just wanted to see Talia being Talia and show how she has taken lead in the league and show how Bane fits in it.

I feel the reveal was fine itself. Imo, one of the best scenes in TDKR. What makes the reveal and the character itself worse is the dubbed "laughable" death scene that pretty much came right after the reveal minus a few pieces of dialogue and shots of her in that HEMTT.

Ya her death was ridiculously lame. (First time I saw it I missed it because I had to go to the bathroom...beer before TDKR is not fun...)

Ya her death was ridiculously lame. (First time I saw it I missed it because I had to go to the bathroom...beer before TDKR is not fun...)

Hey. You hold that ****. I got the urge as soon as the trailers started for The Dark Knight. Held it through the movie, credits, and gigantic line. Like a MAN! :cmad:

Talia's reveal scene is great and in some way, tragic. I enjoy it each time.

But that death scene.....LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Yeah, I just finished watching the trilogy, and that (along with Katie Holmes) are the only weak points of the trilogy, imo.

Katie Holmes is by far the most weakest thing in the trilogy with Talia's death a VERY far second.

I wouldn't say very far. However, there are a few gaps of logic I didn't like overall (The tumbler just disappearing in BB, The buses bursting out the bank and nobody notices in TDK, misspelling of Heist.) But overall, I love the trilogy, and it's my favorite trilogy ever.

The Tumbler disappearing in BB?

And don't forget two different construction banners in TDK as well as someone using the wrong directional side during the Tumbler elevation, lol.

The problem with watching this film about 8 times now is noticing the little errors that could've been easily fixed.

In the sewer fight Bane magically goes from facing Catwoman to having his back to her.

In the 2nd fight when he kicks Bats up the stairs its with his right leg, then they swtich cameras and its his left.

What I fail to understand is that why the hell do you have to be a mastermind to be a threat?

There's Deathstroke,he's a mercenary who's repeatedly gone up against entire teams of metahumans and has flatout beaten numerous superheroes.

He also was very respectful towards Talia in the comics(referring to her as "my lady").Anyone who thinks that Penguin,Hush,Black Mask,Riddler or some other "mastermind" is more dangerous than Deathstroke needs to get their head examined.

Bane in the comics is the closest thing Batman can have to Deathstroke(who is mostly a Teen Titan/Green Arrow/Nightwing/General DC villain).
Bane has also been the type who does'nt mind getting his hands dirty and being in the middle of action,Bane has also done work for hire.
Not every character has to be a "mastermind" to be a threat.

The problem with watching this film about 8 times now is noticing the little errors that could've been easily fixed.

In the sewer fight Bane magically goes from facing Catwoman to having his back to her.

In the 2nd fight when he kicks Bats up the stairs its with his right leg, then they swtich cameras and its his left.

Some of the sound effects are off too. You hear punch sounds when one character grabs the other.

The cut between the stunt Bane climbing down the chain and Hardy Bane is very clear.

Some of the sound effects are off too. You hear punch sounds when one character grabs the other.

The cut between the stunt Bane climbing down the chain and Hardy Bane is very clear.

No it's not,even in the production stills you can see Hardy climbing down.

No it's not,even in the production stills you can see Hardy climbing down.

LOL.

They didnt even use Hardy for the scene where Bane punches the pillar!

WB arent going to put one of their stars in high risk stunts.

What I fail to understand is that why the hell do you have to be a mastermind to be a threat?

There's Deathstroke,he's a mercenary who's repeatedly gone up against entire teams of metahumans and has flatout beaten numerous superheroes.

He also was very respectful towards Talia in the comics(referring to her as "my lady").Anyone who thinks that Penguin,Hush,Black Mask,Riddler or some other "mastermind" is more dangerous than Deathstroke needs to get their head examined.

Bane in the comics is the closest thing Batman can have to Deathstroke(who is mostly a Teen Titan/Green Arrow/Nightwing/General DC villain).
Bane has also been the type who does'nt mind getting his hands dirty and being in the middle of action,Bane has also done work for hire.
Not every character has to be a "mastermind" to be a threat.

Well that was the character. Bane is suppose to be the "antibatman" (It seems like every villain is an antibatman) And why he was a challenge was that he was superior in mind, tactics and pure strength. In order to properly defeat batman he created a scenario where Batman would be tired and all Bane would have to do is come in beat him up and break him. So his major traits other then his extreme strength is his mind.

Deathstroke is a fantastic assassin that could go toe to toe with many meta humans true..That is great for Deathstroke. He is another character all together and would approach defeating Batman much differently. Deathstroke is a lonewolf and thus he would go about things in a different way.

Batman is a master planner and much like Sherlock Holmes, he would prefer to be 1-2 steps ahead of his enemy, thats just how Batman rolls. When Batman gets outsmarted it is a greater defeat then someone who can match him in combat.

And yes not every character has to be a mastermind to be a threat, but when it comes to Bane yes he should be one. Or else you get Bane from Batman and Robin.

When Batman informs Gordon of where Joker is at towards the end of TDK, it shows the building that's being worked on with banners that say DAVIS with a blue anchor shape logo on it and then when Gordon is talking to the SWAT member about how it will go down it shows the banners again that says BOVIS with a blue arch logo.

Perhaps, but I think it could be a combination of other things. Personally, the twist in Inception is more focused, whereas with TDKR, after the Talia twist, it's one twist after another after another.

The movie just went: Boom, Tate is Talia, boom, Blake is really Robin, boom, Blake will take over the cave, boom, the batsignal, GPS and pearls, which leads to, boom, Bruce Wayne is actually alive.

Too many twists all at once to really care about any of them, IMO.

Perhaps, but I think it could be a combination of other things. Personally, the twist in Inception is more focused, whereas with TDKR, after the Talia twist, it's one twist after another after another.

The movie just went: Boom, Tate is Talia, boom, Blake is really Robin, boom, Blake will take over the cave, boom, the batsignal, GPS and pearls, which leads to, boom, Bruce Wayne is actually alive.

Too many twists all at once to really care about any of them, IMO.

Quoted for truth. Damn movie is too crammed to let all these things breathe and make anyone care about them.

And yet people do care about them...how odd....
Of course some people will like them. I'm not saying it's an undeniable fact that everybody will hate it across the board. What I'm saying, is why it's being mentioned more than something like Inception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"