The Dark Knight Rises Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Rises is probably my favourite movie ever, personally, but every time I watch it I seriously can't begin to fathom why they didn't reshoot that death scene. It's seriously one of the cheesiest deaths in cinema history IMO.
Just adds to the legend... :oldrazz:

Why yes. Yes it is. I do love me some Eagles of Death Metal/Boots Electric. :yay:

Niiiice. QOTSA fan as well, by any chance?

On-topic, loved Tom Hardy as Bane - his posture, the confidence/cockiness he exuded and of course, the voice. I've become a real fan of Hardy's since Inception, and I can't wait to see what he does next. In the meanwhile, I need to watch Lawless.

Thought Bane was good overall, but the voice... Ugh.

The voice was my favourite part of the character. Thank you Hardy!

I think my favorite line from Bane was when he said a simple "Thank you" after he took back his bike helmet. That line cracks me up just the way he says it.

Anybody notice that there's subtitles when Bane looks sad and away from Talia after she exits city hall? It says Bane is quietly saying goodbye to himself. You can't hear it in the sound mix. It's not in the old script, either.

Adm5q.jpg

Last edited:
I would love it if Bane provided his voice for audiobooks!

Seriously. I don't get how anybody can say they dislike his voice. It's like he came in auditioning for Hugo Strange and Nolan said "Just keep the voice. We'll run with it." Between that and the shaved head I'm partially convinced he actually DID think he was auditioning for Hugo Strange.

Anybody notice that there's subtitles when Bane looks sad and away from Talia after she exits city hall? It says Bane is quietly saying goodbye to himself. You can't hear it in the sound mix. It's not in the old script, either.

Adm5q.jpg

Are you sure it's not referring to the scene where Bane says goodbye to Talia in the pit as he's being swarmed by the other prisoners?

Are you sure it's not referring to the scene where Bane says goodbye to Talia in the pit as he's being swarmed by the other prisoners?

They're two separate goodbyes. But there's an obvious parallel between the two incidents (Talia leaving Bane both times, the shot of the exit to Gotham City Hall looking like the top of the exit to the Pit, being left to fend for himself both times.)

It's just weird you can't hear Bane in the audio mix say goodbye in the present time but it's there in subtitle.

They're two separate goodbyes. But there's an obvious parallel between the two incidents (Talia leaving Bane both times, the shot of the exit to Gotham City Hall looking like the top of the exit to the Pit, being left to fend for himself both times.)

It's just weird you can't hear Bane in the audio mix say goodbye in the present time but it's there in subtitle.

Ah, I see.

Interesting, good catch.

Yeah, I saw that on tumblr, and when giving the trilogy a rewatch, I couldn't hear it at all. Overall, another cool parallell between past and present in the trilogy.

My only real problem with the final fight between Batman and Bane was that they should have let Batman strip that mask off Banes face.

After that awesome fight, right at the end, right during the whole (Balebatvoice: Where's the detonator!!?!?!!?) was the perfect time to show Bakes scarred ugly mug. I was really thinking Nolan was going to do it, I was genuinely shocked that it didn't happen the first time I saw the movie. Just something I was remembering after rewatching the other day.

Guys, have you seen this awesome video of Bane rapping?

''I'm Bane, yes, that's my name!
Bruce Wayne and Batman are probably the same!
''

lol

I love that video so much ^^

Maybe I'm a really twisted bastard but I burst out laughing every time when the bridges blow up in rhythm to the beat.

Hardy did a fantastic job with what he was given; I just wish that they had fleshed out the character's philosophy the same way they did with Ras in BB.

There are lines sprinkled throughout the film that tease at Bane's way of thinking, but they are never given much depth, which I think is a true shame.

For example, he calls himself "necessary evil" - very interesting idea, never expanded upon.

He also says that "people of their stature deserve to witness the next era of Western civilization", and when Pavel tells him that the bomb will go off after the 5 month period, Bane says, "for the sake of your children Dr. Pavel, I hope it does".

There is somewhat of an Old Testament, quasi-messianic dimension that is hinted at with Bane that we never get to see explored. That would have taken TDKR to a whole other level.

Hardy did a fantastic job with what he was given; I just wish that they had fleshed out the character's philosophy the same way they did with Ras in BB.

There are lines sprinkled throughout the film that tease at Bane's way of thinking, but they are never given much depth, which I think is a true shame.

For example, he calls himself "necessary evil" - very interesting idea, never expanded upon.

He also says that "people of their stature deserve to witness the next era of Western civilization", and when Pavel tells him that the bomb will go off after the 5 month period, Bane says, "for the sake of your children Dr. Pavel, I hope it does".

There is somewhat of an Old Testament, quasi-messianic dimension that is hinted at with Bane that we never get to see explored. That would have taken TDKR to a whole other level.

Couldn't have said it better. With Ra's and the Joker there is a definite motivation behind what they are doing that while extreme, is somewhat rational. It bothered me that I couldn't identify a clearcut motivation for Bane taking over Gotham, even if he did love Talia I never understood why he would be willing to die for the LOS cause

Adm5q.jpg

Haven't noticed that. Hardy's portrayal is really awesome. Not only the body language and the mannerisms, but also the subtleties of his performance through the mask is brilliant (i.e. the look of sadness in his face and then the tears streaming down his face during the Talia reveal and explanation).

I enjoyed the tinges of ambiguity in Bane. It added to his allure IMO. Yet, it was very clear what type of evil he symbolized.

Adm5q.jpg

Last time I watched this my baby was going to sleep so I had it on mute with the subtitles on. When that part came on I was like :shock when I saw that.

Though the parallel is neat, I think I actually like it better without the "goodbye." It makes for a sadder scene IMO and kinda shows how defeated Bane is through his body language alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"