You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Thread Manager, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Goblin

People are saying really conflicting things, some are saying he kills no more than he did in Nolan's films and some say he's a cold hearted killer lol

2. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

What did you find wooden about Affleck?

3. Ryan

Ryan Registered

Ugh.....I wish I could see this movie earlier to read all the spoilers and join the debate. I've seen quite a few reviews that go to both extremes. I'm going in with an open mind, but it will be interesting to see if Affleck does for me, what Bale did for me in Batman Begins.

4. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Registered

Snyder on why[BLACKOUT] he brutally kills Jimmy Olsen in his first scene.[/BLACKOUT]

What the **** is wrong with this guy?

#979 Tacit Ronin, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  5. Green Goblin

Guys f***ing spoilers

6. Green Goblin

Jesus, I still haven't seen it

7. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson the big guy

apparently that is snyder's idea of 'fun'

This is the man Warner Brothers has entrusted with their DC movie universe, it's baffling. They're as much to blame as anyone else, letting this guy have free reign.

Like its nice to see WB taking a step back and allow the guy to see his vision come to life, but this is definitely not the guy you should be giving that authority to.

8. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Registered

So Snyder snuck in a copy of Atlas Shrugged in Bruce Wayne's study.

Bruce Wayne would never. NEVER be an objectivist and Ayn Rand sympathizer. Snyder is trying to shoehorn his own idiotic beliefs onto Batman.

But lucky us, we can just interpret it as Batman keeping a copy of that book as an example of who NOT to be.

9. Chip Chipperson

ugh, this guy is absolutely insufferable.

10. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Registered

Oh...My...God...

It's not true. Tell me it's not true...

11. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Registered

Objectivism: central tenets are that reality exists independently of consciousness, that human beings have direct contact with reality through sense perception, that one can attain objective knowledge from perception through the process of concept formation and inductive logic, that the proper moral purpose of one's life is the pursuit of one's own happiness (rational self-interest), that the only social system consistent with this morality is one that displays full respect for individual rights embodied in laissez-faire capitalism,

Sounds like Batman, right? :loco:

On the other hand, it finally explains what the hell is going on with Martha and Jonathon Kent and their bizarre advice.

12. Filmfreak

Filmfreak Registered

His expressions really. He basically had the same facial expression in almost the entire movie. I understand the depressed Bruce Wayne they were going for but to me he felt like he was bored most of the time. I didn't hate his performance like Eisenberg's and he had a few cool moments I liked but overall didn't feel it like most of you did.

13. Chip Chipperson

"you don't owe this world a thing, you never did."

Zack Snyder, ladies and gentlemen!

14. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Registered

Yep. Him being an Ayn Rand lover says a LOT about his films. It explains it all.

I can't wait for his FOUNTAINHEAD flick. It's gonna be a beautiful trainwreck.

15. shauner111

shauner111 Registered

Oh ok thanks. No problems there then. The acting was still facepalm city just like the rest of the Lex stuff.

16. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Not the Voice You Know

Did he get his hands on a Kryptonine USB key to gain access to the info?

I never voiced my confusion as to why Martha says that, and why that line is included in the trailer.

17. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Registered

I just read this joke elsewhere.

The reason Batman [BLACKOUT]hasn't killed the Joker yet?

Joker's mom is also called Martha.[/BLACKOUT]

#992 Tacit Ronin, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  18. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Not the Voice You Know

Nah man, they got it wrong
    [blackout]Martha is his wife[/blackout]

19. BatLobsterRises

BatLobsterRises Lobsterized

lolz.

I just also have to say titansupes, The Joker, The Batman...all you guys are owning it up in the Ben Affleck or Christian Bale? thread. I don't really have the energy to get into that debate right now, but y'all are dropping tons of knowledge on some folks in there and it's great to see.

20. shauner111

shauner111 Registered

Ouuu i must take a looksie in there.

21. I Am The Knight

I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

That's just sickening...

22. Snow Queen

If not for this interview, I wouldn't have even known that was supposed to be [BLACKOUT]him[/BLACKOUT]. That's completely pointless.

[BLACKOUT]Alright, obviously then I forgot that bit and that's what he's referring to. Nonetheless, I don't think it was the right direction to then jump to him pointing at Superman on the monitor and giving the whole "the fever, the rage" speech. I think that would have been a better moment to introduce the Robin costume, instead of the moment later that feels cherry-picked from any place in the film and doesn't flow with the sequence. Have Alfred point to it and say how it's not what [insert Robin name here] would have wanted or something, instead of turning the conversation immediately to Superman. As is, I didn't get the impression Affleck crossed the line for any particular reason, he just...did.[/BLACKOUT]

23. shauner111

shauner111 Registered

Well, the CRUEL line was directed at Bruce even though on the surface he may be talking about a different topic. He pauses, looks like a father who is scolding his son about his behavior and Bruce almost looks like he's about to sulk and instead shrugs it off.

I liked that. It leaves room for them to explain in future films that Batman wasn't always a killer. But it's not enough proof to say that he wasn't. I happen to think that he was always a killer and only started being cruel with torture methods like branding since Robins death. The way he picks up guns in his dream and shoots people left and right tells me that it's no problem for him, he doesn't sweat it. It's not like he woke up going goddamnit Alfred i had this dream where i was barbaric! Nope. He's more concerned with the message of Flash's words and seeing Superman as a future dictator.

24. shauner111

shauner111 Registered

As for the Bale vs Affleck thread. Im a few pages in and quite entertaining. Of course siding with Joker etc.

I think it's more fair to judge Ben once he does two more films.

But im not sure if what Joker says is true. He's saying that Ben's Batman has been retired before Batman v Superman. It's quite possible since cops don't know what he looks like. Or maybe he's just so good at not being seen? Maybe he hides in his vehicles and works like a horror creature? For 20 years? Anything is possible. Very interesting if he's been retired though. Im leaning towards him being active for 20 years straight, no breaks.

25. Snow Queen

Oh, I'm aware that the intention was that Bruce turned cruel (the [BLACKOUT]branding[/BLACKOUT] at least), what I don't think worked as well was pointing to Superman in that scene. Unless Superman was part of what led Batman to start [BLACKOUT]branding[/BLACKOUT] people, I don't think he'd be as relevant to that moment as the Robin costume as you can see a possible cause and effect there. I understand it's supposed to be a bit about what's to come, but I don't think it works as well as Alfred should still be on his case about that whole situation, in my opinion. Plus I just hate how they included the costume. I think it would have been a good place to end a scene or be shown at that point instead of [BLACKOUT]suddenly cutting to Bruce staring at his costume, then staring at Robin's costume, then just going upstairs to drive to Lex's house.[/BLACKOUT] The moment felt like it could have been inserted at any point throughout the film with no issues.

Then again, maybe I'm missing something.

I got the impression he retired briefly from the first cop's reaction, but thought the second cop made it seem like that wasn't the case without contradicting the first cop's, so I lean to the older cop and the situation just being the younger one's nerves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.