The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold Derby, the most famous movie and TV award-predicting site, had its own "Best films since 2000" poll.

http://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/10-best-films-since-2000/page/5/

"The Social Network has been voted as the Gold Derby Forum Poster’s Best Film Since 2000.

The Mark Zuckerberg biopic had a final total of 110 points. The Dark Knight, which finished second, had 95 points.

No Country For Old Men (72 points), Inglourious Basterds (71 points) and There Will Be Blood (69 points), round out the top 5."

Last edited:
I'm watching The First Avenger for the first time since 2011, and The Red Skull knew about Asgard, while in Thor's movie they needed to dig a children's book (as poked fun at in the LEGO Marvel game) to believe Thor talking about Asgard.

Gold Derby, the most famous movie and TV award-predicting site, had it's own "Best films since 2000" poll.

http://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/10-best-films-since-2000/page/5/

"The Social Network has been voted as the Gold Derby Forum Poster’s Best Film Since 2000.

The Mark Zuckerberg biopic had a final total of 110 points. The Dark Knight, which finished second, had 95 points.

No Country For Old Men (72 points), Inglourious Basterds (71 points) and There Will Be Blood (69 points), round out the top 5."

Lol seriously is it national TDK needs to win polls week. Not that I'm complaining. It deserves its accolades.

I visited the main Polish movie site Filmweb. Here people can rank not only movies, like on Imdb, but also performances. And there are lists of Top 500 male and Top 500 female performances. Number ones on those lists are pretty amusing.

http://www.filmweb.pl/rankings/roles/film/actors/male

1zYYJ8j.jpg

http://www.filmweb.pl/rankings/roles/film/actors/female

Vu7gGT2.jpg

The buffalo or one of the two Street Fighter characters with this name?

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/movies/2016/03/the_dumbest_thing_about_batman_v_superman_is_its_obsession_with_quoting.html

Great ******* article.

Remember this? the filmmakers seem to be saying as they wink toward some of the best-selling comics of all time. So do we! We’re nerds just like you! These are superficial references, even when they’re specific. This bland pastiche-work might be enough to count as fidelity to some, but it is no less empty for its deference. These gestures to the narrative past matter only if adaptations are supposed to be reverent and nothing more. As in his filmic take on Watchmen, director Zack Snyder wants to honor the past, but he has no interest in striking up a conversation with it.

Yes.

The film’s Luthor is Snyder’s mirror image, then, giving us slightly tweaked allusions to familiar things and calling them genius. But genius requires more than a capacity for citation, much as adaptation has to do more than show us what we already know. This is not a good adaptation, and it is not a smart film, no matter how much it wants us to think it is. Listen to Batman in its opening moments, as he offhandedly alludes to both William Butler Yeats and Seamus Heaney. Even Luthor’s generic and mostly mute Russian henchman gets in on the quotation game, rewriting a snatch of Cole Porter as he menaces Superman’s mother with a flamethrower: “I’m afraid this is goodbye. And every time we say goodbye you die a little,” he propounds.

Yes.

Last edited:
Ben just tweeted some Deathstroke s**t. Is he the main villain in The Batman?

It's probably a test thing for JL, but he could be in The Batman as well.

We got a fight with him in AO. Probably the best boss fight of all the games.

From what I understand, there was supposed to be another fight at the docks as the one shown in a trailer.
Sometimes I wish we had that fight.

The costume does look cool. I do not have high hopes though, as I expect him to be poor like the other DCEU villains. I really hope I am proven wrong. Unfortunately, I feel he will just be used for cool fight scenes and nothing more. He really should be used in a Teen Titans, Nightwing or Green Arrow movie, as the main villain.

The costume does look cool. I do not have high hopes though, as I expect him to be poor like the other DCEU villains. I really hope I am proven wrong. Unfortunately, I feel he will just be used for cool fight scenes and nothing more. He really should be used in a Teen Titans, Nightwing or Green Arrow movie, as the main villain.

The footage looks quite awesome, tbf, but I hope to god he's not played by Joe Manganiello or something.

We got a fight with him in AO. Probably the best boss fight of all the games.

Definitely one of the best boss fights in the Arkham Series, however I would've liked it even more had they been a little bit more creative with Deathstroke's role in the game, have him chase Batman throughout a portion of the game with multiple duels in there perhaps. I also feel he shows up too early in the game, he's probably the hardest boss in it and he's the first one you meet.

Why not?
He's the most suitable antagonist for someone as murderous and violent as Batfleck.
Action scenes with him will at least be more fun to watch than seeing Bane again.
Robin is dead, so no Nightwing for him to haunt.

Jason Todd's Red Hood would be much more suitable for a villain if they wanted to match Batfleck's violence.

They'd have to add Ra's AlGhul and the Lazarus Pit plots, and then it will be another -if not bigger- disgusting mess than it will probably be.

He must be making his debut in Justice League.

Now, maybe I'm on my own with this thing, but I think we've seen far too much of Justice League as it is. Well over a year out and we have images and a full blown trailer.

Now they are potentially spoiling a great cameo moment. The days of Nolan's secrecy are long gone.

Best thing about Nolan's secrecy is no exciting moment released to hype me up for the movie before seeing disappointment.

While I think Deathstroke is a just an 'okay' character, I'm going to chalk this up as good news on the basis alone that Leto's Joker isn't the main villain. It is kind of funny to think that only after we had a hit movie for a character that started out as a parody of Deathstroke (Deadpool) that we get Deathstroke announced for his big screen debut. But that's most likely a coincidence as I'm guessing the solo Bat-film has been in development for some time.

Robin is dead, so no Nightwing for him to haunt.

That's not necessarily true. We still don't know what Dick Grayson is up to in this universe. It was confirmed a little while ago that the dead Robin is in fact Jason Todd.

Honestly, I do hope we get to see Grayson/Nightwing in the solo Bat-movie.

Yeah that is a silver lining for me. No Letoker in the limelight as main baddie.

I thought the iteration of Deathstroke from Arrow was pretty great until they apparently had to downgrade the role due to DC wanting to make him part of their movie universe. Arrow imo has, of course, become quite ****e in the meanwhile, but I think it's no coincidence that the show's strongest run came when Slade/Deathstroke was the main villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"