Attack of the *Official* Relationship Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay first thing first, the bolded part is what you want to avoid. Don't set up multiple meetings before actually asking her out. If the three of you go to comic con and you're interested in the friend, get her number that day and ask her out. Don't beat around the bush, that's one of the big reasons why people end up in the friend zone.
Interesting. I asked my friend what kind of moves should I make, and she joked that I should just go up and kiss her. But I think that's always been my downfall, in that I never make a move mostly because I don't know what move to make. I know there's the initiating body touch move where you grab a girl's hand or something, but I could never find a right moment to do so and not seem like it came out of nowhere.

I think deep down inside, I've always had a problem with letting a girl know how I felt until it was too late, partially because I'm never really sure how they feel about me.

Interesting. I asked my friend what kind of moves should I make, and she joked that I should just go up and kiss her. But I think that's always been my downfall, in that I never make a move mostly because I don't know what move to make. I know there's the initiating body touch move where you grab a girl's hand or something, but I could never find a right moment to do so and not seem like it came out of nowhere.

I think deep down inside, I've always had a problem with letting a girl know how I felt until it was too late, partially because I'm never really sure how they feel about me.
Please consult post #1.

Fortune favors the bold. You can't look for the perfect opportunity, you've just gotta go for it. Just while you're walking somewhere is the right moment to hold a girl's hand, if you're really hitting it off at the comic con just go for it. The hand holding is easy enough and definitely shows interest, my girlfriend always says she was so happy that I did that on our second date, it also gave me the courage to kiss her that night, since she didn't shy alway from that first contact, I knew there was interest.

ComicChick that guy sounds way too eager, way ahead of himself. I'd give him a miss!

I'm worried that CC may wind up hearing the words no girl wants to hear on her first date...

"It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again."

it doesn't sound like it. we've only spoke via text and we were gonna try and meet up tomorrow for a bit in the afternoon, i suggested starbucks cuz i'd be coming from work and apparently it's close to my work and the general area he lives in but all he suggested was we go back to my house and chill :dry:

not getting good vibes here so i think i'mma say no
I'm surprised you havent run yet, i know i would have :hehe:. I say trust your gut feeling and dont go.

Fortune favors the bold. You can't look for the perfect opportunity, you've just gotta go for it. Just while you're walking somewhere is the right moment to hold a girl's hand, if you're really hitting it off at the comic con just go for it. The hand holding is easy enough and definitely shows interest, my girlfriend always says she was so happy that I did that on our second date, it also gave me the courage to kiss her that night, since she didn't shy away from that first contact, I knew there was interest.
This is what I hate about having no experience. Kissing a girl is usually the last thing on my mind, let alone holding her hand. It's like as soon as I'm interested and know that she's single, just the simple task of talking to her becomes difficult.

Spideyville, you have to REALLY reevaluate how you go about things.

After the 15th meeting, and hopefully it's after a full moon and on the Tuesday, I would ask her the question, if it's okay to ask for her number, not today but some time in the future. :D

As for the kissing thing, you just have to gauge how interested she is in you. Is there a lot of touching, is she laughing a lot, is she having a good time? And then at the opportune time, not walking down the street in the middle of pedestrian traffic, usually when you say goodbye or even before that, if you have a little privacy.

But this is my advice to you regarding this girl.

If your friend doesn't want to go to the Con, tell your friend to give her friend your number and to tell her this, "I know you don't like to be set up. Neither does he. But he doesn't want to miss an opportunity to meet someone interesting."

Done.

ComicChick that guy sounds way too eager, way ahead of himself. I'd give him a miss!

that's how i felt too

I'm worried that CC may wind up hearing the words no girl wants to hear on her first date...

"It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again."

I'm surprised you havent run yet, i know i would have :hehe:. I say trust your gut feeling and dont go.

haha no way. i told him i wasn't interested and best of luck

This title is a problem for me. "Attack of the..." is the same as one of my favorite threads, "Attack of the thick women thread." and I click it expecting to see some big ole booty and instead I get whiny dudes complaining about why chicks only wanna be their friend. :(

This title is a problem for me. "Attack of the..." is the same as one of my favorite threads, "Attack of the thick women thread." and I click it expecting to see some big ole booty and instead I get whiny dudes complaining about why chicks only wanna be their friend. :(

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

I'm very bored of doing the chasing.

But this is my advice to you regarding this girl.

If your friend doesn't want to go to the Con, tell your friend to give her friend your number and to tell her this, "I know you don't like to be set up. Neither does he. But he doesn't want to miss an opportunity to meet someone interesting."

Done.
I think the only complication in that plan is that apparently there's this other guy that she likes, but he has absolutely no interest in her. He's got long hair and plays guitar in a band. But my friend thinks I still might have a chance just as long as I casually mention that I went to a good school, I'm an artist and that I like comics. So I'm kinda relying on some kind of introduction to at least let her know that I exist.

I'm still waiting to hear if this girl is even going to Comic Con and if she is going the same day as me, otherwise, it'll all just be a moot point. So right now, I thinking of stopping by my friend's ob in a few days when I'll be in the city, and we'll sort of set up a "random encounter" that will allow me to be introduced to her friend and then move from there if she's interested.

Anubis! :wow: :up:

You should write a book.

It's that easy DBryan. Girls don't like a guy that tries too hard. Exercise some patience when you're talking to a girl.

Quit calling them all the ****ing time. Girls hate a man that pays attention to them. That's man rule numero uno.

Yeeeeeah he just wants to get laid.

Either this guy is desperate to get laid (no offense in any way to CC) or he's a complete dumba**/jerk.

It's common sense NOT to say these type of things BEFORE a meet-and-greet is ever established. This guy probably assumed CC was a ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"