BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Affleck is a bigger name than Snyder though. If he doesn't want to get all the way in shape he won't have to.

Affleck is a bigger name than Snyder though. If he doesn't want to get all the way in shape he won't have to.
100% true. On the Hollywood scale, lets say Snyder is say 3, Ben Affleck is 10. He is much much much bigger than Snyder in every way.

Kinda an odd relationship to have with your director! But I daresay Affleck can get away with a lot of things that Cavill can't. Cavill will do what he is told by Snyder but Affleck could easily come and ask things to be changed and there would be no saying no to him. Not saying he will do that, but Hollywood has a very big internal hierarchy and it is followed to a degree.

You'd be surprised how much bigger a guy can get in 3-4 weeks with the proper workouts. Everything Affleck's trainer is doing is what the PRODUCERS want, I am sure they would have to cosign on it. If he had to retain a certain look for the movie he's doing now, his trainer would have prepped for adjustments to his diet and exercise in order to achieve the look the studio desires. Also, after hearing what people have said about his muscle gain from the movie he's on now, Affleck is surely doing as much as he can in order to get in shape. The body he comes to set in will be the body the production asked for/darn close to it.

Wait, are we now considering that Affleck isn't fully committed to being in shape for the role, or will otherwise slack off if he feels like it?

Kevin Smith always talks about how much Ben loves the character. We need to tone down the overreactions. He will be ready. :o

Wait, are we now considering that Affleck isn't fully committed to being in shape for the role, or will otherwise slack off if he feels like it?

some people just want to watch the world burn

some people just want to watch the world burn
tumblr_mlnodo0VzI1rhlv47o3_500.gif

If this is the case , then Snyder should become the bigger man by firing him.
Snyder is the director, he shouldn't be a doormat to anyone.

This is especially ridiculous considering the guy had a batcave in his house...he also did daredevil because he was hoping he'd be considered to do a batman movie in the future after batman and robin failed (according to Kevin Smith).Anybody who does that must be committed to doing the character justice.

I actually have faith that Affleck will do everything in his power to be physically ready for the role. I also fully believe he will give the role his all. Rather any of that is going to make a difference is the real question in my book.

You'd be surprised how much bigger a guy can get in 3-4 weeks with the proper workouts. Everything Affleck's trainer is doing is what the PRODUCERS want, I am sure they would have to cosign on it. If he had to retain a certain look for the movie he's doing now, his trainer would have prepped for adjustments to his diet and exercise in order to achieve the look the studio desires. Also, after hearing what people have said about his muscle gain from the movie he's on now, Affleck is surely doing as much as he can in order to get in shape. The body he comes to set in will be the body the production asked for/darn close to it.

The generally accepted rate of net weight gain when focusing on muscle mass gains is roughly 1 lb A WEEK, for an intermediate trainee (someone who's been in and out of the gym for a few years). Do much more than that and you reach a point of diminishing returns significantly increasing fat gain as well, which you'll presumably have to shed at some point too. And any weight loss will invariably cause some muscle loss along the way.

So in 3-4 weeks, if Ben focuses just on gaining, Ben will MAYBE gain 10 lbs of weight (not just muscle - muscle and fat), but he'll still need to cut the fat, so I can't imagine he'll be much bigger than he is now when he actually films any action scenes.

That's all assuming Ben keeps it natural, otherwise the sky is the limit and almost all rules are out the window.

Take a look at this video to see an extreme example of how big and fast the effects of "special supplements" can be: [YT]watch?v=XTVWrknCISE[/YT]

Like Slumcat said, Ben is not in the same position Cavil has been. Ben is by far more famous, has a lot of leverage on the studio and Snyder and I'd dare say he's not as "hungry" to prove himself as Cavil was. That doesn't mean I'm saying he'll be lazy and slack off, I'm just saying his drive probably is not up to the level it was for Cavil.

EDIT, thought I'd throw in a disclaimer: I do not support or otherwise endorse substance abuse in service of bodybuilding. I believe Cavil's and Twight's statements that his gains are 100% natural and I admire them for not taking the easy way out, because they care about the character and what he stands for. I really hope the same will go for Affleck.

Last edited:
The generally accepted rate of net weight gain when focusing on muscle mass gains is roughly 1 lb A WEEK, for an intermediate trainee (someone who's been in and out of the gym for a few years). Do much more than that and you reach a point of diminishing returns significantly increasing fat gain as well, which you'll presumably have to shed at some point too. And any weight loss will invariably cause some muscle loss along the way.

So in 3-4 weeks, if Ben focuses just on gaining, Ben will MAYBE gain 10 lbs of weight (not just muscle - muscle and fat), but he'll still need to cut the fat, so I can't imagine he'll be much bigger than he is now when he actually films any action scenes.

That's all assuming Ben keeps it natural, otherwise the sky is the limit and almost all rules are out the window.

Take a look at this video to see an extreme example of how big and fast the effects of "special supplements" can be: [YT]watch?v=XTVWrknCISE[/YT]

Like Slumcat said, Ben is not in the same position Cavil has been. Ben is by far more famous, has a lot of leverage on the studio and Snyder and I'd dare say he's not as "hungry" to prove himself as Cavil was. That doesn't mean I'm saying he'll be lazy and slack off, I'm just saying his drive probably is not up to the level it was for Cavil.

I don't expect Ben to be completely cut, at least based on the description of the character (all that tired and weary crap) but I do expect him to look like this

http://www.recorder.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=OgvXRr2MNQ1O3PyC8BBcx8$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYtQi_cVXH$nRFsnNk6MjGJdWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_CryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

or like batman does in the animated series. A that same time, given Affleck's love of the character, I don't see him not going all-out to do the character justice, especially with how big this role is. Even though he's an established hollywood presence, if he does a good job with batman, it will send his career to even higher levels of fame.

I don't want to get into a whole discussion but I disagree with this. Affleck is a professional. He takes his job seriously. He bottomed out after movies like Gigli and Surviving Christmas, then he reinvented himself as a director and an actor. Some people still haven't taken Affleck as seriously as an actor, even in the past few years, and there was a pretty big outcry against his casting (as there would have been for practically anybody not named Fassbender or Gosling).

I can't imagine his drive being any less than Cavill's or Snyder's. It's a team effort, after all, and I think Affleck has just as much to prove, if not more, than Cavill did. He's going to invest himself 100% into the role - physically, mentally, and otherwise. I don't think Snyder and co. would have signed him if they thought otherwise.

I don't want to get into a whole discussion but I disagree with this. Affleck is a professional. He takes his job seriously. He bottomed out after movies like Gigli and Surviving Christmas, then he reinvented himself as a director and an actor. Some people still haven't taken Affleck as seriously as an actor, even in the past few years, and there was a pretty big outcry against his casting (as there would have been for practically anybody not named Fassbender or Gosling).

I can't imagine his drive being any less than Cavill's or Snyder's. It's a team effort, after all, and I think Affleck has just as much to prove, if not more, than Cavill did. He's going to invest himself 100% into the role - physically, mentally, and otherwise. I don't think Snyder and co. would have signed him if they thought otherwise.

Well said could not agree more. Affleck has more to lose than Cavill did, especially at this point in his career when he has more attention from average joes and critics than he ever did.

I dont think he's "reinvented" himself as an actor. He's still Affleck, being Affleck, even if he's a little better in his own movies. But he definitely has reinvented himself as a director. McConaughey on the other hand, has done it as an actor in the last year.

But i do think he'll put 100 percent effort into this in every way.

I actually have faith that Affleck will do everything in his power to be physically ready for the role. I also fully believe he will give the role his all. Rather any of that is going to make a difference is the real question in my book.

Affleck takes his job seriously and is very humble so why would he come back to a genre that he himself said nearly killed his career if he felt he wasn't up for the challenge? I am a believe in the BatFleck and think he will give it his all. :brucebat:

Well said could not agree more. Affleck has more to lose than Cavill did, especially at this point in his career when he has more attention from average joes and critics than he ever did.
I think this is a win win for Affleck. He has nothing to lose at all. He has his next 2 directing projects lined up staring himself. He will always have those. Even if say he is not successful as Batman, he will have plenty of high quality big studio work to keep him busy.

So Affleck has nothing to lose. He is a very shrewd man. He has taken this role at exactly the right point in his career. Nothing can hurt him now, whether the movie is a success or not.

I think this is a win win for Affleck. He has nothing to lose at all. He has his next 2 directing projects lined up staring himself. He will always have those. Even if say he is not successful as Batman, he will have plenty of high quality big studio work to keep him busy.

So Affleck has nothing to lose. He is a very shrewd man. He has taken this role at exactly the right point in his career. Nothing can hurt him now, whether the movie is a success or not.
That's not true at all. He has a LOT to lose if this fails.

Yeah, A LOT is riding on this movie for a lot of people involved but especially Affleck IMO.

no, and i Know i'm gonna get hate for this but to me christian bale=batman

That's not true at all. He has a LOT to lose if this fails.
Frankly he is above this movie. Do you think if Clooney or Pitt star in a box office flop it affects their career even slightly? No.

Affleck is in that company now. A flop here and there means nothing for him or his position in Hollywood.

Even though I agree with this being a high of his career, I have to disagree about him having nothing to lose. Because he is at such a point in his directing AND acting career, all eyes are on him. If he ends up sucking, I guarantee that other studios and perhaps even WB will begin to fear his influence. His only projects afterwords would be small indie stuff that he's in/directing. Just ask Nicholas Cage, Colin Farrell (who's starting to rebuild) and even Keanu Reeves at a certain point. Studios would avoid him like the flu.

Affleck is going to put the effort into this movie whether he has to for the sake of his career or not. He said he was humiliated after Daredevil and I'm sure he wants to avoid something like that again.

Don't misunderstand me guys, I respect Affleck for what he's done with his career in the past few years, I really liked him in The Town and Argo, and I know he's a big comics guy himself, more specifically a batfan, I have no doubt about that.

I also know that given the rough patch he had with his acting and the poor reception of Daredevil (particularly important in the context of BvS) he has some really good motivation to give this role his best. Like I said, I'm generally very optimistic about the movie and him in this role.

I'm just a perfectionist in nature, and this physique thing is probably just nitpicking on my end. I also care about the character, a lot, and given how good of a fit Affleck is for Batman and this film in many aspects I would really like it to be as awesome as possible.

I know he's a professional, I never attempted to say that he's a slacker or anything, he'll definitely step it up now that he doesn't have to hold back for Gone Girl and that filming is so close.

It's just that, at this point, from the photos, I'm not seeing him reaching his full potential physically for the role of Batman - not the way Cavil did for Superman. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what it looks like for me at the moment. As a weight training enthusiast, I like to think that I have an idea of what is possible and what isn't. I stand by saying that Cavil had lot more riding on the success of MoS than Affleck has on the success of BvS. I don't think it can be easily discounted as a motivational factor.

But hey, it's all good. I'm confident Ben will do a great job and I can't wait to see him in action!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"