BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, i think you may be onto something there. Goyer and Snyder take note - the secret identity disguise conundrum has been solved. :D

jQ3Xyig.jpg

That didn't look very good. Tuck in the shirt:csad:

I'm wondering how anyone can come to such a conclusion about a particular persons build when that person is wearing a bubblecoat? His face is noticeably thinner as you've highlighted but we really have no way of knowing what his upper body looks like. Personally, I'm just going to wait and see, before being `underwhelmed`.

The point of the photo in the in the post of mine you quoted was NOT to make any conjecture regarding his muscularity, but to indicate that, judging by his face, it seems he is at a weight loss stage right now.

I don't claim to have x-ray vision, so I definitely wouldn't claim to know his exact shape when he's wearing a bubble coat. On the other hand, I said in a previous post that my concerns were based on his latest photos in a white henley. When he's wearing that, you arguably don't need Superman's eyes to get an idea of how his upper body looks like:

ben-affleck-gone-girl-adaptation-faithful-book-01.jpg

This one is from November 24th.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about this movie and I definitely support the casting of Ben as Bruce/Batman. In general I'm optimistic, I'd just like Ben to be as nigh perfect for his role physically as Cavil is for his. He has the potential without a doubt. I just said, size wise, if his current size is more or less his final one (which it probably is, given that he's cutting or will start shortly), quite a bit of his potential will remain untapped. He looks to be in great shape, but for a guy who casually goes to the gym, not for Batman - that's just my opinion. I also said I remain open to the option for him to really push it in the remaining time and prove me wrong. Actually, I hope that's what happens.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about this movie and I definitely support the casting of Ben as Bruce/Batman. In general I'm optimistic, I'd just like Ben to be as nigh perfect for his role physically as Cavil is for his. He has the potential without a doubt. I just said, size wise, if his current size is more or less his final one (which it probably is, given that he's cutting or will start shortly), quite a bit of his potential will remain untapped. He looks to be in great shape, but for a guy who casually goes to the gym, not for Batman - that's just my opinion. I also said I remain open to the option for him to really push it in the remaining time and prove me wrong. Actually, I hope that's what happens.
Well it is possible that he won't do a shirtless scene in this movie and is just muscling up to fill the suit. He could always go all out physique-wise for his solo Batman film. Even Hugh Jackman delivered his best physique in the two solo films (Origins and The Wolverine) AFTER doing 3 team-up films (the original trilogy).

I agree, that does seem like the most probable outcome. After all, BvS should still keep focus on Clark/Superman, so from that angle a shirtless scene for Bruce/Batman can be left out. I would actually prefer it that way if Ben isn't in a position to get to his ideal shape for this film.

Now that you mention it, Jackman did look very skinny (in comparison to his current shape) in his first outing as Wolverine. Then again, that was also before the advent of comic accurate movie physiques for male leads (excluding Snypes in Blade).

ejcvi9.jpg

Last edited:
I hope Ben Affleck turns out to be a good Bruce / Batman?

As a man, I'm totally offended with you guys talking about these guys bodies. There's more to us men than just our amazing bodies. :o

As a man, I'm totally offended with you guys talking about these guys bodies. There's more to us men than just our amazing bodies. :o
lol....well I'm glad someone finally spoke out about this. Good on you Travesty... :woot:

Well it is possible that he won't do a shirtless scene in this movie and is just muscling up to fill the suit. He could always go all out physique-wise for his solo Batman film. Even Hugh Jackman delivered his best physique in the two solo films (Origins and The Wolverine) AFTER doing 3 team-up films (the original trilogy).

Nah, I don't buy that. He didn't deliver his best physique in his solos because he tried harder or put more into it, it was simply because his body naturally progressed to that level. He still looked great in X2 and X3.

X2
hughjackmaniswolverineiek8.jpg

X3
hughjackmaniswolverineitg5.jpg

I agree, that does seem like the most probable outcome. After all, BvS should still keep focus on Clark/Superman, so from that angle a shirtless scene for Bruce/Batman can be left out. I would actually prefer it that way if Ben isn't in a position to get to his ideal shape for this film.

Now that you mention it, Jackman did look very skinny (in comparison to his current shape) in his first outing as Wolverine. Then again, that was also before the advent of comic accurate movie physiques for male leads (excluding Snypes in Blade).

ejcvi9.jpg

Uh...it's also because he was cast three weeks into production.

:word:

In that case, he looked pretty good, all things considered.

Nah, I don't buy that. He didn't deliver his best physique in his solos because he tried harder or put more into it, it was simply because his body naturally progressed to that level. He still looked great in X2 and X3.

X2
hughjackmaniswolverineiek8.jpg

X3
hughjackmaniswolverineitg5.jpg
The second pic is from Origins I believe. Well yeah his body naturally progressed, that is true too. But also the focus on his physique increased in his solo films. He does numerous shirtless scenes in his solo movies compared to the team-up films because you can't hog all the attention in team-up films (though almost all X-men films are still like "Wolverine and friends").

I think what I am saying might factor a bit into it, in a solo movie, you own the character, you own the film, you might want to push harder. Both the Marvel Chrises had better physiques in their two solo movies than Avengers.

But most definitely the length of training matters. Jackman explicitly said, that he doesn't think its worth doing if he cannot deliver a better physique with each go at the character, along with a better performance.

Uh...it's also because he was cast three weeks into production.
:word:

Wow, I didn't know that, thanks. That must have been pretty close to his everyday "walking around" shape then, which is decent.

Wow, I didn't know that, thanks. That must have been pretty close to his everyday "walking around" shape then, which is decent.
I actually read that he just did 3 weeks of training and went on set and they shot footage and he said it looked bad. He said it was mainly the cage fight scene where they are trying to hide his physique. After than, he trained during the shoot and they shot his shirtless scenes after 5 months or so.

But yeah, shooting schedules are a *****. They can really screw up an actor's chance to reach his full physical potential.

I don't know why you guys are so worried about Affleck's physique. I don't think Snyder would allow any disappointment in that area.

The point of the photo in the in the post of mine you quoted was NOT to make any conjecture regarding his muscularity, but to indicate that, judging by his face, it seems he is at a weight loss stage right now.

I don't claim to have x-ray vision, so I definitely wouldn't claim to know his exact shape when he's wearing a bubble coat. On the other hand, I said in a previous post that my concerns were based on his latest photos in a white henley. When he's wearing that, you arguably don't need Superman's eyes to get an idea of how his upper body looks like:

ben-affleck-gone-girl-adaptation-faithful-book-01.jpg

This one is from November 24th.

I'm more interested in the car. :wow:
ben-affleck-gone-girl-adaptation-faithful-book-09.jpg

Also, can anyone tell me what kind of shoes is he wearing? They are damn nice.

I don't know why you guys are so worried about Affleck's physique. I don't think Snyder would allow any disappointment in that area.

Snyder is a work out freak...he will not let anyone who didn't physically match the character next to the suit.

Snyder is not in a position to allow or disallow anything at this point regarding this matter, it's more or less out of his hands, and in Ben's and Rehan Jalali's.

Ben has been cast as Bruce/Batman and that's it. I know he'll work his ass off, but there's only so much you can do past a certain point in time, with shooting being pretty close now and all. His physique will be however it will be, and Snyder can only accommodate it with the suit and post production.

That said, I hope he'll really push himself extra hard and go that extra mile.

The second pic is from Origins I believe. Well yeah his body naturally progressed, that is true too. But also the focus on his physique increased in his solo films. He does numerous shirtless scenes in his solo movies compared to the team-up films because you can't hog all the attention in team-up films (though almost all X-men films are still like "Wolverine and friends").

I think what I am saying might factor a bit into it, in a solo movie, you own the character, you own the film, you might want to push harder. Both the Marvel Chrises had better physiques in their two solo movies than Avengers.

But most definitely the length of training matters. Jackman explicitly said, that he doesn't think its worth doing if he cannot deliver a better physique with each go at the character, along with a better performance.

Nope. They're both from the movies they're listed from.

Snyder is not in a position to allow or disallow anything at this point regarding this matter, it's more or less out of his hands, and in Ben's and Rehan Jalali's.

Ben has been cast as Bruce/Batman and that's it. I know he'll work his ass off, but there's only so much you can do past a certain point in time, with shooting being pretty close now and all. His physique will be however it will be, and Snyder can only accommodate it with the suit and post production.

That said, I hope he'll really push himself extra hard and go that extra mile.

Snyder has a say in how big and cut he wants Ben...and I can guarantee the studio is paying for the trainer not Ben. This would have been all discussed when they talked to Ben about the part.

Then he'll just be a fat guy with a tucked in shirt. Come on, man....

Nah. The shirt hanging loose like that only makes him look bigger. Big people shouldn't wear baggy clothes...:yay:

He could play Harvey Bullock.

Snyder has a say in how big and cut he wants Ben...and I can guarantee the studio is paying for the trainer not Ben. This would have been all discussed when they talked to Ben about the part.

I get that he has a SAY, and that they have an idea of how they want him to look, but the human body is just that, human, it's not a drawing board. So Snyder can say whatever he wants, but what you can do with your body in a given period of time is pretty much fixed, unless you opt for some "chemical assistance".

And yeah, there's no doubt that the studio is paying for his trainer, that was never in question.

Personally, I think Ben did himself a disservice for BvS when they decided to hit the breaks on his training in order to "stay at a stable size" for Gone Girl. But I get it, it's a Fincher film, and it will do much more for his critical acclaim (something he's been working really hard to get up, for a long time now), than BvS probably ever could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"