Crowd Reports!!!

Heck yeah, me too. Man of Steel deserved every bit of applause.
Great Superman movie, so much fun for me in the action, and I usually prefer cerebral plots. BUT this was a different Superman than we usually get on film. The comics brought to life despite the changes here or there.
A lot of spirit and heart.

I was looking forward to your reaction. Glad you like it as much as I do :up:

the movie has it's flaws, every movie does, but this is easily the best genre movie this year, I personally loved it more than The Avengers which I oddly really liked (I'm a DC guy....why do I like a Marvel movie :p).

Cavill as Superman.......he owns the role, no other way to put it, I love Christopher Reeve, but I'm seriously thinking for the first time ever to put Reeve in the #2 spot. My mind is conflicting with it lol

Amy Adams as Lois, I had doubts about her.... I'm happy she proved me wrong.

Michael Shannon as Zod, also glad he proved me wrong from my initial reaction to him being cast.

Laurence Fishburne as Perry White........meh lol, it was more like a toned down Morpheus after changing his name to Perry and taking up Journalism lol.

The rest of the cast was really good to just good, was laughing when we first see Richard Schiff standing behind Alessandro Juliani, Professor Hamilton, meet Professor Hamilton lol

The theater I was in was packed, I went early and at first the place was pretty dead....then 9:20ish came around......STAMPEDE!!! lol, there were people sitting in aisles for crying out loud :p

Last edited:
Just considering the modern age Superman, I have Cavill as the best live action Supes for me. It is sort of apples and oranges as Reeve was great for a new genre basically being created with STM but I wasn't even born yet.

They seemed quite confident with his acting as Cavill really carried this movie in comparison to Routh (who I will note did a fine job)

I never really saw Routh as Superman though, I think thats one of the problems for me, when they first announced that he got the part and they showed his picture...I seriously thought he was drug addict or something lol.

Cavill though, looked like a younger version of Reeve mixed with the Earth One Superman, which Man Of Steel has a very strong vibe to it, there are tons of parallels between Man Of Steel and Superman: Earth One Vol.1, and I love the Earth One books so its awesome to me :p

survey report: :D

most of the time slots are selling fast in my local mall.

btw, overheard a conversation of a pair of old folks. they talked about the tragedy of Reeve. they didn't know about SR and Routh.

So I've been lurking on this site for ohh maybe 6-7 years and never posted anything just browsed to get spoilers, plot details and reviews of CBM's before they came out. Just watched MOS at a wal-mart pre-screening and I had to post something and get it off my chest.... F$&! The critics because honestly as much as I liked the donner movies they were a hammy version of supes like Burton's batman. I never felt they lived up to the epic nature of the comics. I remember when SR came out I was so excited to watch it because I thought Bryan singer would work his x-men magic and deliver an amazing supes film and not redo the crappy donner movies, because as good as Chris reeve was as superman he was equally crap as Clark kent I always found it confusing that he had to act like the ******ed 4th stooge who never was to hide his identity...anyway back to the critics who hated on this movie because it wasnt light hearted or goofy like the donner movies or a marvel film. As a fan of the comics and the character I was floored with what Snyder did with this film. This is the superman film I dreamed of as a kid when I would tie a cape around my neck and run around the house. I felt like a kid watching this film amazing special effects, intense story and honestly if you ever remember taking action figures and using your imagination and wishing it was true this movie made it feel real....I loved how the origin was handled and loved the flashback format... The way he discovers his powers was awesome definitely felt natural like that's what someone would go through. The fight scenes were incredible I mean I got the feeling that I had when I watched T2 or Matrix for the first time... You know the holy **** grin like that didn't just happen....also crowd went nuts for it and it got an ovation in my theatre...

Cavill as Superman.......he owns the role, no other way to put it, I love Christopher Reeve, but I'm seriously thinking for the first time ever to put Reeve in the #2 spot. My mind is conflicting with it lol

No doubt Cavill was excellent here...a Superman for our times.

Amy Adams as Lois, I had doubts about her.... I'm happy she proved me wrong.

I also thought she might not be the best for the role of Lois, but I decided to wait till I actually saw her in the role, but damn she made me a fan. I liked the way Lois got involved in the story here. It didn't feel like she just was there for sake of being there, nor that she was just in the way of things to screw things up for Superman. She actually helped and proved to be strong enough on her own, doing what she thought was right despite the odds. So pleasantly surprised. :woot:

Michael Shannon as Zod, also glad he proved me wrong from my initial reaction to him being cast.

My favorite acting in the film, so excellently played that [BLACKOUT]people cheered his death.[/BLACKOUT] WOW. The motivations of the character and his last speech gave him depth, another layer, perhaps even a bit of empathy. But it's all excuses for his cruelty.

The rest of the cast was really good to just good, was laughing when we first see Richard Schiff standing behind Alessandro Juliani, Professor Hamilton, meet Professor Hamilton lol

Thanks for pointing that out! I forgot about Smallville Hamliton! :funny:

Just got back, and I'm about to say what I've been waiting to say for months now. Okay? Here we go...

SUPERMAN IS BACK! AND THIS TIME, IT'S FOR GOOD.

This was great! I loved it! The critics sucked: this film had humor; I felt for the characters, and they and the story was developed. The crowd clapped at the end. It was like an event.

Better than Superman Returns...which would be a given, anyway. But still.

It will get its money back. We WILL get a sequel.

I will see it again.

Lots of clapping at the end. Well deserved imo. :)

It was a good sized crowd, but I thought there would be more people in my theater, I saw it in regular 2d, I wonder if everyone went for IMAX instead?
[BLACKOUT]when Zod died[/BLACKOUT] everyone went dead silent, with a couple of silenced "Oh ****s!" thrown around.

Yup. What becomes of Zod was met with borderline stunned silence both times I have seen it. It's almost anti climactic in that sense.

Yup. What becomes of Zod was met with borderline stunned silence both times I have seen it. It's almost anti climactic in that sense.
Same in my theater, with a few "oh craps".

So I've been lurking on this site for ohh maybe 6-7 years and never posted anything just browsed to get spoilers, plot details and reviews of CBM's before they came out.

Welcome! Hope you have had as much fun as I have had here. Lots of fun and humor over at the Dark Knight forums for me.

F$&! The critics because honestly as much as I liked the donner movies they were a hammy version of supes like Burton's batman. I never felt they lived up to the epic nature of the comics. I remember when SR came out I was so excited to watch it because I thought Bryan singer would work his x-men magic and deliver an amazing supes film ..anyway back to the critics who hated on this movie because it wasnt light hearted or goofy like the donner movies ......As a fan of the comics and the character I was floored with what Snyder did with this film. This is the superman film I dreamed of as a kid when I would tie a cape around my neck and run around the house. I felt like a kid watching this film amazing special effects, intense story and honestly if you ever remember taking action figures and using your imagination and wishing it was true this movie made it feel real....I loved how the origin was handled and loved the flashback format... The way he discovers his powers was awesome definitely felt natural like that's what someone would go through. The fight scenes were incredible I mean I got the feeling that I had when I watched T2 or Matrix for the first time... You know the holy **** grin like that didn't just happen....also crowd went nuts for it and it got an ovation in my theatre...

Bolded for emphasis.

As a comics fan I also yearned for a Superman film that showed us the comics Superman. Snyder gave it to us in spades and I was just thinking with a grin on my face that he just wanted to make up for all the times a fan wished Superman would finally punch something or someone in one of the movies. We got our wish and much more. :woot:

I did truly felt like a kid watching this movie and that to me is its invaluable and greatest merit and accomplishment. Of course, a grown up kid. I found myself relating to the children in attendance a couple of times I heard them. And that's great.

I also loved the flashbacks, seriously reminded of LOST somewhat, they were not intrusive nor jarring, and came at the appropriate moments. Another favorite scene of mine is the Zod/Superman mind conversation.

I also loved how this was the Matrix on steroids, how when I saw Revolutions thought that that was how a live action Dragonball or Superman fight should be handled. THIS DELIVERED so much more than that. :bow::highfive:

In my theater there were a lot of cheers, the climax and release of all the tension caused by Zod and his evil, evil ways. :twisted:

My theater was full for the midnight showing. Crowd reacted with shocked and awed "OOOOH!" and gasps at
Zod's death
, and some people cheered.

My theater applauded once the credits began, with the "Man of Steel" logo reveal.

I went to one of the local Wal Mart showing and the theater was about half full which would probaly be around 25-30 people. But a Regal theater was also doing the WM showing inmy area and is a way better theater. Just to give you an example of the theater I went to, you could barely see The Lone Ranger trailor but MOS wasn't as bad but still a little dark. By the way I got the tickets to the theater I went to because I never expected the ticckets to hang around like they did and I never had the extra cash to buy a second set of tickets. Any way the crowd I saw MOS was great probaly one of the best crowd I've been a part of. They cheared, laughed and seemed to love the movie. I know I loved it. I went with my dad and the first thing he said to me after the movie was this is the best one yet and I agree. I actually wanted to stand up and star chanting yes like Danial Bryan but I thought that might be a little much.

I can't wait to see MOS again in a better theater and hopefully with a bigger crowd.

Times Square midnight IMAX

People cheered and clapped during Faora badassery
Clapped during the end of the finale fight
And clapped during the credits

It was great and sold out...Loved the film.

Btw, IMAX 3D is a waste of money for this film

My theater was full for the midnight showing. Crowd reacted with shocked and awed "OOOOH!" and gasps at
Zod's death
, and some people cheered.

My theater applauded once the credits began, with the "Man of Steel" logo reveal.

Was there any end credits? What was the actual 'run time' of the movie, if you took out all the credits?

The audience loved it, I loved it!

There was a massive applause at the end and, an oddity at theaters, tons of conversion going on even as the credits rolled.

The audience also laughed at numerous scenes (and the critics were claiming there was no levity?) and there was a stark silence in the theater at that one divisive scene as if we all lost our breath...

The GA is going to love this one folks!

Last edited:
Was there any end credits? What was the actual 'run time' of the movie, if you took out all the credits?
Robot, u still haven't watched it yet!!!??? and u dare to bet on 1B!!!

I saw it twice. Clapped both times. The midnight audience had a few laughs as well at the few parts where a chuckle would come to the surface.

My Wal-Mart premier wasn't that great of a turnout. Average. I'd say about.. 20-25 people.

Midnight showing was a nice turnout. Though not sold out, the audience was chattery and I'd say about 85% full but there were 3 theater showings. 2 for 2D, 1 3D.

Overall, a good response.

Applause a couple times during the movie, my audience was pretty into it.

Dallas Imax screening. Sold out crowd, quite a few laughs during the film. Practically silent when the action ramped up, applause at the end. I personally enjoyed the flm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"