Dead Space 3 - Part 1

I'm in the middle of it right now.

[BLACKOUT] Really liking it, I think the design on the monster encounters is actually better than in the main game. The new crazy Unitologists are fun. Good for Isaac on calling Carver out for being a total idiot. [/blackout]

I downloaded it, but my co-op partner is busy tonight so I probably won't get to play anytime soon. Would you say the DLC is more "horror-based" like they claim, or is it more action oriented? Any kind of boss fight?

Umm I'd say it's horror oriented. There's still a ton of shooting, but it's more in line with the creepiness of the co-op missions from DS3. The new enemies are pretty neat and there are a few good scares throughout. There's are a few sub-boss fights and one "big" boss fight at the end.

The Carver/Isaac banter in this is so well written, too. Their exchanges are great, so I would encourage co-op play for this for sure.

^Thanks, sounds like a pretty decent piece of DLC. I'm looking forward to it.

Just finished it....

My review:

horrified.gif

Last edited:
Haha. I need to play this. Bought this DLC along with Sleeping Dogs Year of the Snake and also downloaded the new BF3 expansion. Lot of stuff to get thro.

Ya know what is weird, the Raptor variation shows up once. Seemed like a weird thing to go and change the model for considering how little it is actually in.

Yeah it's kinda random why it's "new," too, but I didn't mind. That part was amazingly tense.

Hah i got to that part and stopped. Figured id wait for my co op partner to get the DLC, ya know, cuz he'd want to play it too. I wasnt scared or anything. Nope, not at all.

Nice. Thanks.

I'm almost done with my first playthrough of Max Payne. I'll get on this afterwards, then I should finish just in time for Episode 2 of The Tyranny of King Washington for ACIII.

Priorities!

Also did anyone let the [blackout] cult leader live? I really didn't see a reason too [/blackout]

Assuming there is a Dead Space 4 in the works, what are you guys looking forward to?

Assuming there is a Dead Space 4 in the works, what are you guys looking forward to?

Thats a good question. I cant wait to see what they do with the new generation of consoles. Id deff like them to keep co-op. I had too much fun in that mode for them to axe it. Id like to see them expand those side missions a little. Maybe make the game feel even more sandbox. I cant really think of much more tho, i mean IMO theyve nailed Dead Space each and every time so im ready to see more.

It would've been nice to have a new co-op only side mission in Awakened. Also, I read on IGN that Awakened will be the only story DLC for DS3. :(

I was wondering about that. So what do we figure?

[blackout] 4 is going to take place on that Brother Moon they crashed into as they are attacking Earth? [/blackout]

I was wondering about that. So what do we figure?

[blackout] 4 is going to take place on that Brother Moon they crashed into as they are attacking Earth? [/blackout]

I imagine 4 will be
almost entirely on an infected Earth. I also wondered if maybe they might insinuate our own moon is a brother moon but it didnt seem that way at the end of Awakened.

I think Dead Space 4 will primarily be set on Earth. Also, I wouldn't mind returning to the New Horizons Lunar Colony (Moon Base) from the start of Dead Space 3.

I finished Awakened. I ****ing love this series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"