• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell, Trapster can be made formidible under the right writer.

Yeah, with lots of plot induced stupidity on the heroes part. Trapster is a D-list villain at the moment, he worked really hard and ditched the glue gimmick to focus solely on traps he might be able to formidable street level villain and be a threat to Spidey or DD.

But the FF fights some of the some powerful and dangerous villains around, if Doom, Galactus and Annihilus have been defeated by the FF in the past, how is some guy with a glue gun going to kill them?

Trapster is also a very dimensional character in the comics, he made a new superior type of paste that could have made him millions legitimately, but he used it for crime and they never explained why he did that. Its really hard to take Trapster seriously when the heroes are far more powerful then him, he has a lame gimmick, no real motive and a one dimensional personality. Heck Sue could defeat him in a second with her force fields and Reed and Johnny could easily make mince meat out of him.

I don't see how he compelling enough to be a villain in an FF movie with all that weighing him down. It seems like he would only work as a comic relief villain who is dispatched in the first 5 minutes of the film, before moving on to the real threat.

Doc ock is one of spideys notorious top 3 villains...

Truth is all the villains have been depicted goofy like at one time or another.... And yeah, their plans never work or the hero would never win in the end.....

The difference is Dr. Octopus has been better written villain then Mole Man has. Dr. Octopus has better stories so its easier to adapt him then Mole Man. How many great stories have there been that have focused on Mole Man? That's the problem. Dr. Octopus has gotten far more work done on his character over the decades, he has been turned into the anti Peter Parker, so there is a real chemistry between him and Spidey as foes. Mole Man never got that same development, so he has been stuck in a rut for 50 years. It seems like writers often just recycle his old Silver age stories rather then try something new with him.

The if the FF are fighting Mole Man just because he is the villain and Mole Man is just the villain because the FF need someone to fight for this movie, then why should care about their conflict if there is nothing compelling about Mole Man and there is no real chemistry between him and the FF. There needs to be some sort of interesting dynamic between him and the FF or some sort thematic struggle that is deeper then just "good vs. evil". Mole Man needs a really personality if he is going to carry a whole movie, they should nail down things about him, does he have sympathetic aspects or is he monstrously evil? The problem is his personality in the comics is not well developed. That's why I would almost suggest going with Ultimate Mole Man instead.

Last edited:
It was the storyline that changed her name from Invisible Girl to Invisible Woman.....so it was a big one for her....AND the Negative Zone is always interesting....

fantastic four really needs the negative zone this time

Now that i think about it Mole Man is the best way to introduce Namor too, but for a first film that would probably be too much, i can't think of which villain they should start the first film with, Dr. Doom would be better used for a sequel too.

Namor's with Marvel, so that can't happen unfortunately. I'd want Mole Man for the first movie, with Doom hinted at. Doom for the second movie, and Annihilus and the Negative Zone for the third. Maybe even Silver Surfer and an improved version of Galactus for a fourth movie.

Namor's with Marvel, so that can't happen unfortunately. I'd want Mole Man for the first movie, with Doom hinted at. Doom for the second movie, and Annihilus and the Negative Zone for the third. Maybe even Silver Surfer and an improved version of Galactus for a fourth movie.

hey, alot of us can still dream, and hope FOX doesn't make this ;)

Kelly said:
And apparently they fired the make up department from the first move, and decided on "Hookers R Us" for the second movie.... : )

:funny:

:lmao:

I see no picture so I can not LOL with you guys

With the Malice story line you would bring in Psycho-man which could also lead into the Negative Zone as well, so it could bring about all kinds of other scenarios....AND, Malice with Sue's powers......slapped the She Hulk around....her powers with Malice in control are quite impressive.

Psycho-Man not from Negative Zone...but I guess he could be...

Psycho-Man not from Negative Zone...but I guess he could be...

But the Negative Zone is a part of the Malice F4 storyline....

If they include Psycho-Man at some point, I think it would make sense to have him come from the Negative Zone. I'd like to see them make the Neg Zone a key part of the next set of films and it would be overly convoluted to introduce the Neg Zone and microverse.

I think that would be a perfectly acceptable mod to the history in the interest of keeping things relatively simple.

It could even eventually be revealed that he's from a microverse within the Negative Zone at some point if there's a reason for it within the story.

Last edited:
If they include Psycho-Man at some point, I think it would make sense to have him come from the Negative Zone. I'd like to see them make the Neg Zone a key part of the next set of films and it would be overly convoluted to introduce the Neg Zone and microverse.

I think that would be a perfectly acceptable mod to the history in the interest of keeping things relatively simple.

It could even eventually be revealed that he's from a microverse within the Negative Zone at some point if there's a reason for it within the story.

I think so as well, but IMO if they did that, they would need to have Sue and Reed marry, and at the end she's pregnant....then she has Franklin, and then you bring in Psycho-man, Malice and the Negative Zone in the 2nd movie.....and that can open up quite a bit for movie 3 and 4.

I think so as well, but IMO if they did that, they would need to have Sue and Reed marry, and at the end she's pregnant....then she has Franklin, and then you bring in Psycho-man, Malice and the Negative Zone in the 2nd movie.....and that can open up quite a bit for movie 3 and 4.

OR they are already married in the next Fox FF film and that way we do not have to retread stuff from the past two films ...

I hope that the soft Box Office of ASM will make the other studios rethink the "need" for these senseless reboots and just move ahead with the properties ala TIH or any Bond film.

I have problem replacing the Mirco-verse with the Negative Zone, but why not have both. As long as they are not in the same movie I do not see any problem with these different worlds.

OR they are already married in the next Fox FF film and that way we do not have to retread stuff from the past two films ...

I hope that the soft Box Office of ASM will make the other studios rethink the "need" for these senseless reboots and just move ahead with the properties ala TIH or any Bond film.

I have problem replacing the Mirco-verse with the Negative Zone, but why not have both. As long as they are not in the same movie I do not see any problem with these different worlds.

I would actually like them to take it from the 2nd movie, but I'm not sure that is what will happen....

For the fanboys, maybe not a problem...for the average moviegoer, which is where the money is made.....IMO, may be confusing....

I would actually like them to take it from the 2nd movie, but I'm not sure that is what will happen....

For the fanboys, maybe not a problem...for the average moviegoer, which is where the money is made.....IMO, may be confusing....

I guess I give them a little more credit than that - were they confused by the Hulk/The Incredible Hulk? Or when Bond changed from one actor to another, and another, and another. Or when Batman had three actors in four movies?

No.

So why should this be any different?

I guess I give them a little more credit than that - were they confused by the Hulk/The Incredible Hulk? Or when Bond changed from one actor to another, and another, and another. Or when Batman had three actors in four movies?

No.

I know people who still think TIH is the sequel to the Hulk

No.

But the character themselves did not change...it was still Batman...you are talking different "worlds"....and I don't know that they would necessarily be confused, but they would wonder why? Why not just stay within say.....the Negative Zone.

But, hey they can go for it.....they don't have to listen to me....:yay:

i know alot of people would be pissed by this.. but i think Psycho Man would actually make a pretty good Antman villain.. he lives in a micro-verse doesnt he?

I'm not familiar with Antman at all....I know nothing of that character.

I'm not familiar with Antman at all....I know nothing of that character.

well, all you really need to know is that he can shrink down to incredibly small sizes, even created his own pocket micro universe.

I know people who still think TIH is the sequel to the Hulk

Wasn't that the good thing about TIH - you could look at it as a sequel or a "reboot" - it works both ways.

So why not with the FF? If you start with them as the FF, recap the origin in the credits if need be, and them move ahead from there - it can be a sequel, but with the new cast and slight changes here and there [like in TIH] it can be viewed as a "reboot" as well.

Again, looking at TASM - what did they gain from retelling his origin? NOTHING. They just wasted about an hour of screen time that could have been used else where. Any information we were given before he puts on the costume [like finding his dad's notes, and the prologue of his parents leaving him with Ben and May] could have been told as either flashbacks or with out Ben's involvement. All Ben did was screw up the "with great power comes great responsibility" moment.

But the character themselves did not change...it was still Batman...you are talking different "worlds"....and I don't know that they would necessarily be confused, but they would wonder why? Why not just stay within say.....the Negative Zone.

But, hey they can go for it.....they don't have to listen to me....:yay:

Not sure where I am talking "different worlds." I am just talking about another FF movie with a new cast, like most of the Bond movies.

I like the idea of Laura Vandervoort in the role of Invisible Woman. I was very impressed with her in V. Very compelling actress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"