Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Countdown to the announcement of Trank departing over "creative differences."
(i.e. being "edged out" by Vaughn, the "bigger name" with more "influence"...who will then depart himself six months later)

:word:

Countdown to the announcement of Trank departing over "creative differences."
(i.e. being "edged out" by Vaughn, the "bigger name" with more "influence"...who will then depart himself six months later)

:word:

I hope not. I hope Vaughn's influence prevents studio interference and allow Trank creative freedom to make The Fantastic Four his way.

I wouldn't be all too surprised if what Jack Mercy said actually happens. Not the Vaughn bailing part but Vaughn bumping out Trank. It may actually be amicable seeing as Trank has like three other projects he's also signed up for. I think he went in over his head a bit with the offers he accepted.

Here's hoping he moves onto the Shadow of the Colossus pic.

Jesus, people. Trank is not going to be replaced by Vaughn.

Yeah. If anything, Vaughn was brought on to cut through the 'red tape' and help jumpstart production for Trank. If we don't see major progress on the project within several months, i.e. casting news, then people can speculate about Vaughn replacing Trank for The Fantastic Four.

I also wonder if Jane Goldman will do a rewrite of Michael Green and Jeremy Slater's drafts...

I would be in heaven if Vaughn actually took over direction with Fantastic Four. What he did with X-Men First Class is exactly the sort of touch this franchise desperately needs!

Hmmmm, This is curious, if Vaughn is producer in name only, maybe offering an input here and there, is that not what Millar's job at fox is right now, to say ... "Hi why not do this, or do that, etc, etc...", even though you can have many executive "producers" like Kevin Fiegie (real) and Stan Lee (imaginary) over at Marvel.

Maybe the studio asked Vaughn to "help out", in case Trank and Millar are both in over their heads. Seems like one cook too many as Millar and Vaughn are bound to have strong voices and Trank may feel a bit boxed in.

I also wonder if Bryan Singer, will throw in his two cents, presumably because of a "possible" tie in with the "DOFP" Xmen movie theme's connection to Reed's "future" son Franklyn.

Honestly whatever is going on with the superhero universe they are building at FOX could be cool but when you look at all the trouble DC seems to be having pulling the trigger on some of their properties you have to wonder how this is all going to work out, despite how seamlessly Marvel was able to pull this off it does not appear to be easy to make it work in the big screen.

All the possible musical chairs thing that may go on with these movies at FOX could be a good thing or it could be sort of a mess. Hard to tell at this stage but this news seems a little odd.

I would be in heaven if Vaughn actually took over direction with Fantastic Four. What he did with X-Men First Class is exactly the sort of touch this franchise desperately needs!

I think Trank is good for Fantastic Four. Vaughn is pretty flaky when it comes to committing to directing a movie, and then pulling away. Fox doesn't want him doing it a third time... it just doesn't make the man look good. Either he's unwilling to collaborate with studio execs, or he can't decide on whether to commit to doing it.

Like I said, Vaughn's role is to help get production moving and help Trank focus on making his movie. If Fox brought him on to get things rolling (a la Kick-Ass 2 and X-Men: First Class), then this movie will be in good shape.

I feel much better with Trank directing this movie than I would with Vaughn.

Eh while tranks one movie was good it wasn't the feel of the F4 an absolutely nothing about chronicle made me think "o wow this guy would totally be great for the fantastic four" x-men or guardians maybe... But nothing evoked the fan 4 to me. Vaughn at least brought us first class which i very much could see a fantastic four like feel with it

it did make me want to see trank do a bigger budget super hero movie tho

for what was like a 20 million budget chronicle had thrilling action

Chronicle made me want to see Trank do a big budget cbm. Since that's what we got, I'm very happy with him as director.

Vaughn, on the other hand, had me wishing that he'd never direct a cbm(with well-known superheroes) ever again after FC.

Just comes down to personal preference.

Eh Im not entirely sure the Fantastic four reboot should simply be placed into a grab bag box to simply fit the title of "big budget cbm " its marvels first family and probably one of the most lighthearted titles (for the most part) and trank just hasn't sold me on that

With marc Webb i was worried about action. 500 days of summer was very easy to see how he could handle the peter parker side.

With trank i can see how he could handle doom, and maybe a few other villains... But not the 4 themselves. So its kinda the reverse

Eh Im not entirely sure the Fantastic four reboot should simply be placed into a grab bag box to simply fit the title of "big budget cbm " its marvels first family and probably one of the most lighthearted titles (for the most part) and trank just hasn't sold me on that

With marc Webb i was worried about action. 500 days of summer was very easy to see how he could handle the peter parker side.

With trank i can see how he could handle doom, and maybe a few other villains... But not the 4 themselves. So its kinda the reverse
Fantastic Four will still be a big budget cbm, regardless of all of that.

Trank knows how to do relationships between likeable, yet flawed, characters, and make it feel genuine. He also had the team dynamic in Chronicle and he can do it again in Fantastic Four. Not to mention he seems to have a knack for action... but you mentioned that.

Last edited:
Comparing Webb to Vaughn... ugh. For me Webb did not get the essence of Peter Parker at ALL, he turned him in a mopey, half-emo loner.

They're not even in the same ballpark. They do have an impressive command of action sequences, but that's pretty much it.

My mouth is salivating with how Trank can accomplish with a $130M+ budget and a good script. You don't need Vaughn to replace him, you need him to give guidance and pointers.

Webbs peter parker was far less of a mopey loner than raimis . Rami's peter was socially awkward in nearly all of his moments. Webb while making peter a loner (which peter kinda always was) also gave him humor and some style. Which actually fit his relationship with gwen and made it believable. I have no clue truly why raimis mj fell for peter parker. Because all it looked like was she fell for spiderman

So other than Vaughn coming on board as producer, has there been any other updates on the movie?

I am liking a possible X-Men meets Fantastic Four with Singer and Vaughn in creative control. :oldrazz:

the only reason the F4 and X-men should ever have a team-up film is for the original Onslaught story...

I'd still love to see the Baxter building/Franklin Richards in DoFP.

Would it be anymore confusing than Hawkeye in Thor?

Would it be anymore confusing than Hawkeye in Thor?

probably not (though i'd assume they name him, otherwise it's just a blonde guy/kid) But.. at the same time, that cameo also got alot of complaints

probably not (though i'd assume they name him, otherwise it's just a blonde guy/kid) But.. at the same time, that cameo also got alot of complaints

From some fans and critics. Everyone else didn't have a problem with it.

actually i saw alot of confusion between the GA.. i thought most the fans loved it?

Not from where I was. No one that I've watched it with has ever had a problem with him appearing, they just feel like Thor's in danger because the guy with the bow could kill him at any moment. It was the same way in the theater. Some fans had a problem with it because they didn't really think Hawkeye served a purpose in Thor, and had a pointless cameo that serviced TA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"