Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, people are really selling Wonder Woman short huh? That's a HUGE advantage DC has over Marvel and they'd be silly not to take advantage of it. She's pretty much Superman for girls.

She's the one character they can use to tap into the female market in a big, BIG way. You wanna know the one way to make her fail? By trying to pass her off as "cool". Ditch the cool. As mentioned, action movies with a female lead don't tend to do as well. Find an actual girl at WB to help steer the project to try find out what would work for a female audience. Market a character that taps into a female's desires and a female's imagination. For christ sakes the character has a golden lasso that forces men to tell the truth! What girl WOULDN'T wish for that!

I'm telling you Wonder Woman could be a big hit. Everyone knows who she is. Don't worry about what guys want. All you have to do is draw women into the theater and the guys will follow. Cast a hot actress with a big rack and you won't have any problem catering towards the fellas. But all in all... it should be marketed as fantasy chick flick and not an action flick. The action would just be icing on the cake.

Last edited:
No one is arguing that Wonder Woman doesn't have potential. Just that her TV show bombing would not hurt the Justice League movie one bit.

I wonder if part of the reason of bringing the show back is because they want her to spread.

Also, I believe that there is an ownership conflict with Black Lightning and Blue Devil. They may or may not have been "work for hire". In fact, I believe they were featured in a comic or mini series in the New 52 simply to retain the rights. But I'm not sure.

Elmaymbe is taking requests, if anybody wants some DC related scoops for him to try to find and dig into, let him know on twitter. If he gets requests for Marvel, etc he'll do that instead.

I find it really sad that we have reached the point where we take so many scoops and rumors as if they were legitimate facts. This just goes to show how desperate WB has made us. We are so desperate for answers, regardless of what those answers are, that we automatically jump the gun with every rumor or scoop that's released. This is not a criticism towards the users on here but a criticism towards WB for being dumb and not making that epic JL movie yet despite them more money and resources than any other studio at the moment.

We're going to get an announcement about the status of DC tv shows and movies in July! We'll probably know what's going on with Batman by then. I think that's what people here are most curious about now.

I'm most curious about JL! :woot:

Batman's included in that category too, though.

Reboot or not, I want an announcement regarding Batman already. I'm getting tired of constantly arguing with people over this topic. They are really annoying me and I'm probably annoying them just as much.

I just want them to announce JL for 2015.

Or whenever they'll have it due out, just make an official announcement. My gut really tells me it's 2015, though.

Isn't anyone wondering why El Mayimbe hasn't dropped any news regarding JL after teasing it 2 weeks ago?

My brains going to conspiracy theory mode regarding this!

But post surgery, he's going on as if he never tweeted about it! He knows very well we're hanging on to his every word regarding JL news! He's really dragging this one out!

I always like to just ignore everything that El Mayimbe says....

Wow, people are really selling Wonder Woman short huh? That's a HUGE advantage DC has over Marvel and they'd be silly not to take advantage of it. She's pretty much Superman for girls.

She's the one character they can use to tap into the female market in a big, BIG way. You wanna know the one way to make her fail? By trying to pass her off as "cool". Ditch the cool. As mentioned, action movies with a female lead don't tend to do as well. Find an actual girl at WB to help steer the project to try find out what would work for a female audience. Market a character that taps into a female's desires and a female's imagination. For christ sakes the character has a golden lasso that forces men to tell the truth! What girl WOULDN'T wish for that!

I'm telling you Wonder Woman could be a big hit. Everyone knows who she is. Don't worry about what guys want. All you have to do is draw women into the theater and the guys will follow. Cast a hot actress with a big rack and you won't have any problem catering towards the fellas. But all in all... it should be marketed as fantasy chick flick and not an action flick. The action would just be icing on the cake.
Wonder Woman will only be a hit if they give her some attitude, some selfish attitude, that she must learn to control in a team oriented way. Otherwise, I think she won't do well on the silver screen if she is portrayed as a sensible girl wanting to see the world and contributed to society. She has to have flaw, that does not jive well with others or fit in, in order to overcome, to become the heroines she's destined to be. This is how I personally envision one aspect of a Wonder Woman should be.

Cavill on World's Finest
"I think it would be really interesting with the age-old Batman/Superman conflict because they are two different sides of the same coin and their methods are entirely different. And I think it would actually make for an interesting story as to why, first of all, they were going head to head and how. I think that would make a great story. Who knows, I’m sure there’s all sorts of ideas being thrown around at Warner Bros right now."
http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/05/23/exc...tar-wants-big-screen-superman-batman-team-up/

Even Cavill knows the dynamic between him and an aged Bale Batman makes for a good story :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"