Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine with me. Bring on Brainiac and Lex Luthor.

If the MOS sequel has villains other than those Ill be disappointed. I think fans everywhere have been waiting for a Brainiac/Lex film for a long time. Hell thats what MOS should have been.

Nah, save it for film 2. I like this trend of keeping the big name villains for later films.

Personally I could see them maybe taking the current script written by Beall and maybe getting someone like Goyer in to rewrite it.

I have been saying this in previous posts that this would be a possibility and I was surprised they hadn't announced that Goyer was going to take a pass at Bealls JL script for about a month now.

I don't think they will even go to subsequent drafts on Bealls script, they would have somebody start a fresh, maybe using some of Bealls ideas.

Here's what I can see, them getting someone in like Goyer to write a new script that is more grounded like the MOS movie. Hopefully this doesn't mean they want to include John Blake as Batman though. Also can see them maybe cutting Green Lantern out altogether (but hopefully not) because if the failureif the GL movie.

But I'm hoping they postpone and just concentrate on a MOS trilogy and maybe taking on the Flash and Wonder Woman in their own solo films.

JL is really the new Superman at WBs they just can't get this movie going and we all know how long it took them to bring Superman back to the big screen. David Goyer needs tone brought in as the guy to get a DC universe on film going cause whoever s calling the shots now is clueless.

I also recently heard that Zack Snyder would only come onboard as director of the JL film if David Goyer and or Kurt Johnstad were allowed to do a rewrite of Bealls story/script and make improvements.

Sounds good to me.

WB's needs to make sure to do a JL film right or don't do it at all.

Last edited:
WB really needs a Kevin Feige.

WB really needs a Kevin Feige.

5Z23DrQ.jpg

I seriously don't know why WB don't get Timm to oversee the DCU live action projects. If Brad Bird can move out of animation into live action, Timm should fit in easily.

Pumped about this.

A - it means my dream of writing Justice League is still alive, lol.

B - Maybe WB will take a step back and do it RIGHT.

In order to make a Justice League film necessary, you have to show that the team needs to be formed.

That's tricky when dealing with a team that has a character like Superman on its roster. So, my proposal would be...

Wait and see on Man of Steel. If it goes positively, move ahead on solo films for Wonder Woman and Flash. Keep Green Lantern in continuity ala The Incredible Hulk. You can mention it, but it will mostly be a step-child of the franchise (sad for a good movie in The Incredible Hulk's case).

See how Wonder Woman does. I'd compare it to Thor. Similar budget. Surround an unknown Diana with an all-star cast of worthy actors. Set it as a fish-out-of-water story with the elements of mystism and reality that made Thor so much fun.

Move ahead on Flash. Make it a fun film like the Iron Man films. Credible in reality, but a fun ride. Casting of the Barry Allen or Wally West character will be crucial, much like Robert Downey Jr. for Tony Stark was. Give me a name to carry this flick!

Release Man of Steel 2.

See how we're doing. Don't let one film "under-performing" deter you from the big picture. You have to have the guts to take these risks.

Release a solo-reboot of Batman. Go in a different direction than Nolan, but still somewhat recognizable to what he did. Make it plausible, but with a bit more of the magical-realism that the comics have. Different suit, maybe a more gothic Gotham, utilize some other rogues. Go with Riddler for the first film, perhaps.

Based on how Flash and Wonder Woman are received, move into production on a sequel of at least one of these films.

Release Man of Steel 3. This will be the lead-up, the Granddaddy.

Hint at Apokolips and Darkseid in the second Superman film. He's the Thanos of the series. He's the looming threat. In Man of Steel 3 Darkseid will invade Earth. It will end with his victory. Superman will lose in this film. It will epic. It will be completely unprecedented. Superman will die at the end of the third act and people will leave the theater with Superman staying dead...

THIS is what needs to happen for the formation of the Justice League to be a necessity. The world needs to face a threat that Superman cannot defeat.

Release Justice League.

In the marketing, hint at Superman, but never show him. Try to make us believe he is dead.

The film starts with Earth under occupation. The heroes we have met in the previous films fend off their own corners of the world with limited success. It isn't until they begin to work together that they start making any difference. In the middle of the second act, Superman returns in an epic moment, completing and inspiring the team. (For the first film use the line-up of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Flash... In subsequent films, add and/or subtract).

But that is something that is necessary to make the forming of the team feel organic. Superman needs to die. It makes the threat credible. Even if fanboys know he's coming back -- in order for the League to feel needed within the world of the film, we have to think he's lost.

It will be an arduous task. It will be very risky. And it will take time.... 7-9 years, perhaps. But it would be incredibly worth it. Absolutely worth it. Also, when the League fights side-by-side in all its glory... THAT moment... that moment will be earned.

-R

Last edited:
I don't think WB will take that approach. I'm disappointed that the JL script is crap but glad they're doing something about it. No JL is better than a bad JL. If it never happens I hope we get something more than just superbat ad nauseum. I'm totally looking forward to MOS, I just look at the depth of DC comics and see the potential for so much more. It really is WB gumming up the works completely. Perhaps with the new chairman and the superman lawsuit seemingly won they can plan a better, defined strategy. I still don't think they absolutely must carbon copy Marvel's plan. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Last edited:
David Goyer has been standing right in front of them for quite sometime now.

Hint...hint....:word:

I don't know if he's the guy to do it or if he's that interested. But, they seriously need a Kevin Feige.

5Z23DrQ.jpg

I seriously don't know why WB don't get Timm to oversee the DCU live action projects. If Brad Bird can move out of animation into live action, Timm should fit in easily.

Or anyone who works in WB animation doing DC-related stuff. Not saying that whatever they come up with will be the best, but they clearly have a good idea of how to bring these characters to life outside of comics. At some point, someone at WB thought this and that's why there's a Batman Beyond live-action script somewhere out there.

Ah, imagine if Dwayne McDuffie were still alive and came up with a script.

I will never see this movie made. lol. They need to hurry up. Get a guy who knows how to write

I think they should give it to Guggenheim and Berlanti, their drafts of the Green Lantern script were solid. The Flash script was reported as being really good.

I think they should give it to Guggenheim and Berlanti, their drafts of the Green Lantern script were solid. The Flash script was reported as being really good.

Was that the Flash script that was some dark story or something?

imo i dont think we need a flash film only other hero is ww who needs a solo effort

So no one agrees that in either the 2nd or 3rd Man of Steel film, Superman should be killed by a threat too big for him and that should move into a Justice League film that sees a team form in his absence and ultimately become completed when he returns?

-R

What should have happened (or still may possibly or something similiar) is at the end of MOS, Superman is approached by a mysterious figure (Jonnz/Martian Manhunter preferably) warning him about a much bigger threat to the Universe (Darkseid) and they will need more help in defeating it.

Last edited:
Are you planning on going somewhere anytime soon?
just a joke because it continues to be delayed. This was my most anticipated film for 2015, hope it still happens

just a joke because it continues to be delayed. This was my most anticipated film for 2015, hope it still happens

If it happens at all at this point, it won't be for 2015. They're rewriting the script. We'll be lucky if they get it done by fall. Then that means they have to restart the search for director and possibly fail again. Then it's doubtful that we'll see JL and I'll have to move on with my life I suppose.

I still stick to my point that not releasing a Man of Steel superbowl spot was a mistake. I know it'll be a great movie but the lack of advertising will be its downfall. That's how Avengers, Transformers, Skyfall, and the rest made their big numbers: they got the name out there through seemingly endless tv spots and trailers (for the first two through the superbowl). If no one knows about the movie how do they expect to make money? And if it doesn't make money then will we see JL? No. No we won't. -_-

What bothers me about this revelation is that the line up may change for the worse. I always thought that the new 52 was created to make the characters more movie friendly. I'm betting that the new 52 origin and lineup will be the movie lineup.

Why are people (Mark Millar) ripping on Green Lantern. If done well it can be bigger than Star Wars. How I wish capable people could have gotten their hands on GL. A GL movie trilogy needs to be the hub in which a Justice League film, or any DC film for that matter takes place.

Nothing can ever be bigger than Star Wars. Not Avatar, and not even The Avengers. It's a phenomenon that endures for over 30 years, and GL cannot match it even if its movie didn't disappoint.

So no one agrees that in either the 2nd or 3rd Man of Steel film, Superman should be killed by a threat too big for him and that should move into a Justice League film that sees a team form in his absence and ultimately become completed when he returns?

-R

In the twitpic/internet scoop era you could never realistically hide that from people. Nor would the studio ever want to hide the greatest superhero from any marketing

5Z23DrQ.jpg

His background is in animation projects. Do you really want to take a chance with him one a big screen tent-pole project like Justice League right out of the gate? I have a feeling that Christopher Nolan and Co. are quietly taking this over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"