Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's what he truly wants, then great. But if he's doing it just for the money and compromising his own creative instincts, then that sucks. You're telling me the man who made Memento, Prestige, and Inception was destined to keep pumping out superhero movies that largely follow a similar formula?

You seem to be really misunderstanding what role Nolan played in MOS and what role he will play with other DC projects.

Blake doesnt need to be mentioned at all in this shared universe if they don't want to. They can easily write that part off and say "y'know what? those JGL rumors didn't sit well with the fans, maybe we can ignore the character or we'll see if Nolan is OK with making him Robin for a spin-off".

A cameo should the biggest thing they do with JGL, because a solo Robin movie or solo Nightwing movie without Dick Grayson is stupid. And a solo Batman movie where the guy is not Bruce Wayne in the cowl should be reserved for a proper Batman Beyond/Terry McGinnis adaptation.

He'll have a major part in the story as Nightwing.Just watch.Also I think he really is DG.

You seem to be really misunderstanding what role Nolan played in MOS and what role he will play with other DC projects.

I'm not misunderstanding it. I'm aware that he pitched MOS to the studio and then handed it off to Snyder. Still doesn't change the fact that I don't want him to get involved producing a bunch of these movies when he could spend more time developing other projects.

Blake doesnt need to be mentioned at all in this shared universe if they don't want to. They can easily write that part off and say "y'know what? those JGL rumors didn't sit well with the fans, maybe we can ignore the character or we'll see if Nolan is OK with making him Robin for a spin-off".

A cameo should the biggest thing they do with JGL, because a solo Robin movie or solo Nightwing movie without Dick Grayson is stupid. And a solo Batman movie where the guy is not Bruce Wayne in the cowl should be reserved for a proper Batman Beyond/Terry McGinnis adaptation.

exactly. i said something similar above.

I don't believe this for a second. I might be inclined to believe that Nolan will be overseeing the superhero properties for WB, but even that is a bit of a stretch. Does he really want to be the "superhero" guy from this point on? Does he want to put himself in a binding contract that will last for years? He must have his own ideas and ambitions as to what he wants to do from now on (Interstellar, for starters).

Also, I don't see Bale coming back either. What about the events of TDKR, and John Blake in particular? Would he be in the film or even mentioned? To me, this would just cheapen the events and outcome of TDKR and the trilogy itself, which is a perfect stand-alone series.

At this point, I'd really much rather see a NEW Batman on film.

nolan can still direct, produce, and write anything he wants to. who says he can't. we have no idea how big this overseer role is, and as a film maker he wouldn't just give it up for a desk job, which this is probably not.

with mos nolan's role was quite small. he and his wife produced with legendary and wb and the snyders, he and goyer came up with the story and goyer wrote the screenplay, snyder did minor rewrites to the 3rd act and is directing.

nolan/bale(maybe more bale) even said that if there was another batman story to tell he'd do it. justice league or world's finest are those stories.

If that's what he truly wants, then great. But if he's doing it just for the money and compromising his own creative instincts, then that sucks. You're telling me the man who made Memento, Prestige, and Inception was destined to keep pumping out superhero movies that largely follow a similar formula?

He's already said that comics are his passion and that he loves to see them made on the screen. Add to that the ability to continue making the films he wants to make in no way is he compromising his creative instincts. On the contest it takes a creative mind to turn a comic book into a successful movie

Proof that fanboys will believe anything as long as it's what they want to hear

He's already said that comics are his passion and that he loves to see them made on the screen. Add to that the ability to continue making the films he wants to make in no way is he compromising his creative instincts. On the contest it takes a creative mind to turn a comic book into a successful movie

Comics are his passion? I seem to remember an interview in the Batman Begins special features where he said he always liked Batman as a character, but wasn't an expert so he needed an avid comic reader (turned out to be David Goyer) to help him write the script.

Comics are his passion? I seem to remember an interview in the Batman Begins special features where he said he always liked Batman as a character, but wasn't an expert so he needed an avid comic reader (turned out to be David Goyer) to help him write the script.

Okay I could have misunderstood that Still doesn't mean he can't produce superhero films and make his individual films

isn't poni_boy el mayimbe's biggest rival in getting these scoops?
i'm still crossing my fingers for channing tatum as wonder woman or darkseid.

I would never have figured him for a guy who'd be interested in a cbm but then Batman! Nothing says he has to compromise his integrity or anything. There are any number of reasons he could be interested in this besides money, although I'm sure he doesn't stay awake at night thinking "Holy ****, how am I going to spend all these fat bags of cash?"

The way he reports it in the video, it sounds like WB is desperate. What kind of money are they throwing around for this? Snyder and Cavill wouldn't be hard to get since (1) Snyder has had a bunch of flops for the studio and they have a ton of leverage over him and (2) Cavill has never starred in a huge movie before. But Nolan and Bale? I wonder if Nolan is getting a lifetime blank check for his directorial career, like Kubrick and Eastwood received from WB. And Bale would probably get a big fat check for his role.

Yeppers.

I don't go after scoops. They don't help me sustain a high performing site. Granted I've posted my fair share before -- both correct and incorrect -- but I quickly learned they don't help you career wise unless you work for a trade (Variety, THR, Deadline). Most importantly, I've never posted a rumor/scoop knowing it was false. That's the worst thing a journalist can do and it's what I see more and more of as time goes on. That's really my only pet peeve in this biz.

Proof that fanboys will believe anything as long as it's what they want to hear

Plenty of people are wary and have said so, Debbie Downer, but news is slow and excitement is a thing that happens.

Also, just for reference from a logistical standpoint, Nolan is busy EPing Transcendence for Pfister as of now and sill start shooting Interstellar in the Fall. Bale just wrapped a T. Mallick film and starts shooting a second one in the summer. Then onto another movie with David O. Russell and then he's doing Todd Field's new movie. Booked through 2014.

bale and nolan coming onboard is good and all, but i, and probably everyone else in the world, wants to know who channing is playing?

nolan's involvement makes sense. bale coming back does kinda cheapen the dark knight rises, but i'd rather have bruce wayne back than robin john blake as any superhero.

That's why I called BS earlier on it. I honestly don't think it's true as El Mayimbe done a lot of "scoops" lately that were either obvious or untrue. This rumor I heavily doubt is true.

Bale just wrapped a T. Mallick film and starts shooting a second one in the summer. Then onto another movie with David O. Russell and then he's doing Todd Field's new movie. Booked through 2014.

Not that I believe that rumor is true (as much as I like it) but regarding the schedules: Bale's done with the 2 Malick films. He's doing the Russell film from March to April. Creed of Violence seems to be a no-go but he's rumored to do a film about Everest in the summer. So, technically, he's free after the summer but of course he might be in talks for other projects that were not just confirmed yet (like that other film with Jennifer Lawrence where Russell apparently wants him for).

I'm sure the news on Nolan being the new daddy of JL is true, but I think the Bale thing is 100% pure speculation. Considering how they concluded his character, it would be a disservice.

However, you've got JGL waiting by the phone and enough people who have seen the end of Rises to know where this is all going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"