Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayimbe could be desperate to get fanboys on his side after that WW ****. This "scoop" seemed to come out too fast after his last letdown, like he's doing cleanup to make himself seem credible again. Makes me wonder why it took him so long to reveal if all it took was one long day to find out...

I haven't subscribed to his feed ever since that WW debacle, and I'm not going to resubscribe now.

I'm being cautiously optimistic about this. That Christopher Nolan interview last year where he was asked about JL and he said "No comment" after frequently saying "No, I'm not involved with that." It certainly lends credibility to Mayimbe's JL scoop, as well as Bale being open to doing a fourth film if Nolan approached him.

Mayimbe could be desperate to get fanboys on his side after that WW ****. This "scoop" seemed to come out too fast after his last letdown, like he's doing cleanup to make himself seem credible again. Makes me wonder why it took him so long to reveal if all it took was one long day to find out...

Yes, it's very hard to understand the motivations and methods of "scoopers" these days, or any movie news "reporters" really. But ultimately it isn't about them, it's about the movie news. This could merely be speculation and I wonder why he held off on it for so long before. As I said before, maybe he's not holding back anymore because of what happened with the WW fanfilm, and he is throwing everything he can, or knows, out there to try to get back into fanboys' good books. If it is something he just made up, well, he is already on shaky ground, would he be really willing to risk so much by putting something false out there.

i hope the bale and chris nolan news is true because that would be a fantastic film .

If Bale comes back it has to be a multi-picture deal. It wouldn't make sense to be in just one movie because then they would have to recast. Its hard for me to see Bale playing Batman again for more than one movie even if Nolan is involved.

*sniff sniff*

Is this...is this ******** I smell? Why, it must be!

I'm being cautiously optimistic about this. That Christopher Nolan interview last year where he was asked about JL and he said "No comment" after frequently saying "No, I'm not involved with that." It certainly lends credibility to Mayimbe's JL scoop, as well as Bale being open to doing a fourth film if Nolan approached him.

It makes absolute sense for WB wot want Nolan back. I have no doubt they've been chasing him for the past six months. And Bale too if they can get him. It just doesn't make sense for either of them to come back. Bale doesn't need recognition or money (he's one of the top 20 highest paid actors out there right now) and Nolan never cared about money (he doesn't even own a cell phone or use email). There is really no benefit for either of them to come back except for money. But once you remove that motivation it doesn't make sense. Maybe if TDKR didn't happen, but not now.

Maybe because it's 1 am and they're sleeping. You can't expect me know honestly know where they are at all times do you?

You just said you talked with them all night about the news. They're both mods here and check in frequently (and it's possible they went to sleep after talking with you). So be that as it may.

As el mayimbe points out - they have a history of being on the mark with these things.

He definitely has credibility when it comes to Nolan's Batman. I remember when he reported Ledger's casting as the Joker. It came out of left field and no one believed it because it sounded crazy. Then the trade magazines confirmed it.

I've already said what I think about this rumor, so I'm tackling this whole renewed John Blake thing. Anyone who doubts that Blake took up the mantle of Barman wasn't paying attention to the ending of TDKR.

It would take a massive retconning to get Bale's Bruce Wayne back in the cape and cowl because Nolan clearly intended for him to pass the torch to Blake and completely structured the final reel of TDKR to facilitate that transferring of the mantle.

Listening to the ModernMythMedia podcast on this right now. They bring up the idea of killing Blake off so Bruce has to return. The whole "Batman can be anybody yes, but can anybody be Batman?" Maybe Blake gets killed and Bruce sees the importance of who he is and what he has to do.

That's cool but i prefer the idea of Blake looking over Gotham while Bruce helps the rest of the planet.

Bruce has overcome his need to be Batman but now the world needs him.

El mayimbe also reported that Nolan was on the new Superman film...to a similar reaction to this...

isn't new york the city that never sleeps, poni_boy ? i'm all for hatin' but i hope the nolan part is true.

I don't see how Nolan being involved as a producer hurts his career as a director at all. He was a producer on Man of Steel, didn't stop him from making TDKR. If he's a producer on this, it's not going to stop him from making Interstellar.

Heck, the biggest incentive for him potentially is even more carte blanche at WB for him to make whatever films he wants with whatever budget he wants.

This is still too massive for me to process right now though. I wish they would call a press conference tomorrow and address everything, lol

I sincerely doubt this is actually happening. I also sincerely hope it doesn't.

It's an exciting rumor, to be sure. A few things, though

a) I'm having a hard time coming up with a plausible reason why Nolan's Bruce Wayne would be involved in the Justice League. Not only has this iteration of Wayne successfully shed the emotional baggage of Batman, but his body is beaten to hell. Sure, I guess somebody out there could come up with a scenario where Bruce's resources and tactical skills are needed, but is that really the Batman we want to see alongside the Justice League?

b) Nolan is undoubtedly talented, but he has never struck me as a comic book guy. Batman was a perfect fit, but nothing I've heard from him makes me think 'I really want this guys input on Green Lantern or Wonder Woman'.
I never thought I would like his input on a Superman movie either, but look where we are now.

I don't see how Nolan being involved as a producer hurts his career as a director at all. He was a producer on Man of Steel, didn't stop him from making TDKR. If he's a producer on this, it's not going to stop him from making Interstellar

Man of Steel wasn't in production when he was working on TDKR. And for MOS he handled the reigns over to Snyder before the film went into production. There weren't even reports of him being on set (which is a must for real producers/not those just getting a check).

To have him oversee/godfather the DC cinemaverse it would put him in the shoes of Whedon who has a 5-year exclusive contract with Disney. His time is completely monopolized as would Nolan's. There's no jumping from one thing at WB to another at a different studio. He's either contracted or not. Hell, he passed on Star Wars because he didn't want to be stuck with another franchise.

If WB can get Gosling to play the Flash too, they would seriously RAPE Marvel and Disney in every way. Bale & Gosling would leave with all their wives in the process.

If WB can get Gosling to play the Flash too, they would seriously RAPE Marvel and Disney in every way. Bale & Gosling would leave with all their wives in the process.
bale/cavill/gosling/and yes even reynolds would be epic with an unknown for WW:yay:

Go and read some of the previous posts bridging the events between the TDK universe and the shared universe is easily possible

Well, of course. Anything's possible in film, but that doesn't mean that something like this is a good idea or that Nolan/Bale would do it.

Here some issues I have with this, or at least the first that come to mind:

- As we've all said, what about Blake? What about Bruce retiring? I love the open-ended nature of TDKR's ending in that it was definitive AND ambiguous. Any number of things could take place after the conclusion of TDKR, but I don't think we need to see any of them.

- What about a new Batman series? If DC/WB are taking the Marvel route with JL, wouldn't they want to continue putting out standalone Batman features? Would Bale really star in a new Batman series without Nolan actually directing the films?

- Is Bale ready to be completely typecast as Batman? How much and how long is he willing to keep doing this? Let's say this supposed JL film with Bale as Batman is released in 2015. A JL sequel would arrive around 2018 (following the Marvel model of releases), which is 5 years from now. Christian Bale will be 44 and will have been playing Batman for something like 15 years total. He's already starting to show his age now. When is it time to just move on and start building the rest of your career? Yes, Bale will have time to make other films in between, but every year that he spends on a Batman film is a year that he either misses out on other potentially game-changing projects or has to pass things up because of his Batman contract. I'm sure Bale is well aware of this at this stage in career and he's probably happy to count his blessings, appreciate the immense career boost he got from all this, and walk away from Batman at a high point.

- Call me crazy, but I DO want to see a new Joker sooner rather than later. And if WB is planning on building a JL universe, don't we want the Joker to be apart of it? As long as Bale is Batman, we most likely will not see the Joker at all unless WB for some strange reason resorts to recasting the role and hiring someone who will imitate Heath Ledger. I don't really want the JL franchise and the next Batman series to be held back by the events and the cast of the previous Batman trilogy. Anyone who knows me here at the Hype will know that I probably love Nolan's Batman trilogy as much as anyone on here. Been a huge supporter of Nolan and will say that he has done very little wrong in my eyes. He gave us an epic series in which I saw many thing I never dreamed (but always hoped) I'd see in a Batman film series. But having said that, I think it's time to start fresh when we next see Batman.

So don't get me wrong here. If Nolan and Bale are somehow ready to commit to this and figure out a way to do it right, I would 100% be on board...mainly because I trust them both. I'd also expect any/all cast members of TDK trilogy to make appearances in either a JL film or Batman standalone if the series' are really going to be bridged. Gordon, Alfred, Selena, etc. But I just don't see any of this happening.

They could continue after TDKR pretty easily, honestly. Would it cheapen Rises ending? Yeah, a little bit, but not entirely. Superman comes to the world's attention Post- Bruce retirement. Superman's existence shows Bruce that there are dangers for the whole world and while Gotham may be safe under Blake's watch, the world still needs help.

Nolan's Batman was never about saving the world. Bruce retired knowing full well 'the world still needs help'.

Where are we? Have you seen Man of Steel?

Exactly. And on top of that, my understanding is that Nolan's involvement with MoS was basically 'hey Goyer had an interesting idea about how to do Superman', and then I imagine WB threw lots of money at him to periodically check in and make sure there weren't nipples on the suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"