RoboCop Reboot - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it preposterous? That's Robocop - if you're going to remake it at least of the decency to respect the original design to some degree, I'm not talk talking a direct remake, I'm talking about using it as genuine inspiration, something that takes it's inspiration from the 80's costume as opposed to this Bamann/Iron Man/ Gi Joe hybrid. If that's me being a 'purist' then so be it. The design is ****ing awful and I don't apologize for saying it.

Dude you're freaking out about Robocop, calm down. I love the original movie and design too but it works in that movie, it wouldnt work in this one. I'de rather them do their own take on it then take pieces from the original suit and incorporate it into theirs.

The way I look at it is Robocop's design in the original was a product of the technology of the times. Stuff in the 80's was big and bulky like those gray brick cellphones for instance. The new Robocop is the Iphone version.

Dude you're freaking out about Robocop, calm down. I love the original movie and design too but it works in that movie, it wouldnt work in this one. I'de rather them do their own take on it then take pieces from the original suit and incorporate it into theirs.

The way I look at it is Robocop's design in the original was a product of the technology of the times. Stuff in the 80's was big and bulky like those gray brick cellphones for instance. The new Robocop is the Iphone version.
I couldn't agree more on all points. I've even mentioned how the new all glass visor/helmet reflects the prevalence of glass touch screens in much of technology today in our smartphones and tablets.

Lol, the filming of Robocop cut off a lot of traffic downtown today. My dentist was almost late for my appointment (I was late too, thankfully).

This.

The new Robocop look has grown on me quite a bit over the last few months. The only thing I don't like is the color not for any other reason than black is a color used entirely too often in movies and tv. However metals are naturally dark colors,so in post production after adding some reflective chrome to the suit it will look a lot different.

The new Robocop look has grown on me quite a bit over the last few months. The only thing I don't like is the color not for any other reason than black is a color used entirely too often in movies and tv. However metals are naturally dark colors,so in post production after adding some reflective chrome to the suit it will look a lot different.
I find black working fine on him, with this design it beats silver or other colors

Don't know how frequent this question is asked, but here goes:
How come Star Wars has its own sub-forum and this guy doesn't? Can't count a cop turned cyborg as a superhero?

How come Star Wars has its own sub-forum and this guy doesn't? Can't count a cop turned cyborg as a superhero?[/QUOTE]

I have been thinking the same. Robo gets a lot of traffic on here I'm looking at this everyday. And there's enough of the old films and tv shows to talk about.

yea, plus robocop has had his own comic book series as well. if gi joe gets his own forum, so should robocop. it's a big pop culture character.

And has been refenced a lot lately on tv... He will always live on! Lol I could talk about robocop allday everyday haha(that's kinda sad how boring my days are)

It is what a lot of cops wear. Heck, Robocop in the original was silver. It's not like silver wasn't used all the time to depict robots for a long time (and still). Black is just another color for me anymore. Good point about the metallic look.

How come Star Wars has its own sub-forum and this guy doesn't? Can't count a cop turned cyborg as a superhero?

I've been asking this question since the reboot pics started showing up. He's a popular character with a huge new movie and he has a long history in comics and cartoons. I think Robocop should have his own sub-forum. I think as we get closer to the movie that might be what happens though. I hope.

It is what a lot of cops wear. Heck, Robocop in the original was silver. It's not like silver wasn't used all the time to depict robots for a long time (and still). Black is just another color for me anymore. Good point about the metallic look.
Also people are forgetting the fact that within the same costume there are many different textures of black going on that will pop more onscreen. The matte black of the rubberized surfaces intermingling with the more reflective black carbon fiber looking bits on his back, shoulders, legs, and forearms. Then there's the totally reflective black glass of his visor, not to mention the red light of his visor and other areas.

True. In a lot of pictures elements of the look are almost gray.

This article came out about 12 days before the first pics of the new suit leaked.

"Spoilers! More Info From Leaked ROBOCOP Script"

Part 1 is a synopsis. Part 2 are details about Robocop's tech and suit. Part 3 is a massively spoiler heavy analysis of the Omnicorp role. Part 4 is an audition video from an actor that was up for the roles of a Senator and Mayor which is strangely interesting and insightful, addresses the political ramifications of Robocop, drones, robots. Between that and the Westboro style protests at Robocop's reveal to the public, seems to reinforce a grounded approach.

http://goo.gl/l8SDs

USB cable, this new Robocop will need a USB cable
The old guy has a claw to use as weapon and plays data on computers

7999045c2db211e2a3d822000a1f9be5_7.jpg

e4e9f1bc2da811e2a63622000a1e9a50_7.jpg

68d4b4022d4b11e2bb6a1231380fe9a0_7.jpg

95ee0d122b7f11e28c8722000a1faf2d_7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"