RoboCop Reboot - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internet has a manip of how it could look on screen based on the release shoulder pic:

STlGI.jpg

I do think this is sort of what we're gonna get and if so I love it.

I'm expecting this and maybe a slight shift in a few plates to reveal weapons or something, but overall, I like it for the SWAT mode. Sort of like a walking SWAT truck with all the armour plating and red lights. :funny:

The visor is amazing.

I like the design of the suit (considering this is how a lot of cyborgs/robots are presented in being slim models over bulky), but I'm not feeling the all black SWAT mode. If anything, SWAT mode should have added extra armor protection, IMO.

I also don't like that it's an all rubber suit.

I'm becoming fond of it, I'm sure it will look much better in the movie itself enhanced with special effects and lighting.

It's a very different Robocop, much more futuristic and slick.

I wonder how his mobility is. I wouldn't mind if he could pull of some crazy stunts and practically moves like Iron Man.

I wonder how his mobility is. I wouldn't mind if he could pull of some crazy stunts and practically moves like Iron Man.

I would think this new film would rectify his "clunkiness". I would like to see him moving rapidly, but not at like mach 1 or anything. I think he should be fast enough to catch a moving vehicle if his vehicle gets destroyed.

This is what I'd be perfectly happy with.

[YT]TylcMklRRas[/YT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]If I had to give this costume a rating out of 10, I’d give it a 7. The helmet looks rather cool and very RoboCop-ish still. Like many of you fine Robo fans, the body looks... too human. Almost Batman – Iron Man-ish. I do wish the costume had a more chrome look to it to give the appearance of an actual machine. However, I give the filmmakers credit for actually trying to do something different with this remake. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Plus, these first glimpses of the suit are not official studio pictures. I’m thinking with a few official pictures of Kinnaman in the suit with proper lighting and eventually a teaser trailer, the suit will look more robotic and RoboCop-ish. [/FONT]

Last edited:
I like the new costume. Sure I would have liked him to be more clunky and bulky since he is the first of his kind, but I'm not gonna complain till I see it moving. Also, the joints and spaces in the suit look to me like they are gonna do like the 90's Iron Man art where you see all the little hydraulics/servos/cables running all over. Remember that look? It'll help explain how he moves more naturally and it could be all added in post.

As for the car, love it. Glad it's a Taurus again.

Has there been word on the rating for this?

It's not gonna be an R.. Is it?

Yeah, they are definitely gonna try and get some toys and tie-ins with this one being a summer tentpole and PG-13.

This year's Total Recall was a PG-13 remake of an R-rated movie and we saw how that turned out.

Robocop looks cooler than Colin Farrell running around.

the only impression i got from this was "stop your bickering and whining, just be happy a new movie is coming out"...

and, personally, i think that is ludicrous thinking... to just be happy and blindly accept what we are given... if that were to happen, the 1998 Godzilla film would of gotten a rave review and a sequel, and Superman lives would of been made and would of been a rave success... not to mention Catwoman...

PG-13 huh... oh boy, this is going to be a real disappointment...

It looks more like a body suit compared to a man who is mostly machine. Looks like a generic gi joe suit, like here:

tumblr_m0y1amgUm21qzcqywo1_500.jpg

Compared to this:

robocop-image.jpeg

I don't think anyone should be getting too excited for this. It seems like one of those come and go unnecessary films.

whoever read the script does Robocop ever say "Dead or alive you're coming with me?"

the only impression i got from this was "stop your bickering and whining, just be happy a new movie is coming out"...

and, personally, i think that is ludicrous thinking... to just be happy and blindly accept what we are given... if that were to happen, the 1998 Godzilla film would of gotten a rave review and a sequel, and Superman lives would of been made and would of been a rave success... not to mention Catwoman...

Wait..I thought this was gonna be Rated R

What I got was keep an open mind because while you may not like what you see right now, the final product may pleasantly surprise you. Roll on RoboCop!

What I got was keep an open mind because while you may not like what you see right now, the final product may pleasantly surprise you. Roll on RoboCop!

I know I am but I tend to be on the fence because the ratio of good remakes are slim even with decent directors attached.

I take issue with this:

When the first set pics of The Dark Knight came out revealing Heath Ledger as The Joker, the comments were equally negative.

"He looks like he belongs in The Crow... not Batman."

"That’s for the “Joker” character? I thought that was for the Priscilla, Queen of the Desert sequel."

Ya, there were naysayers, but I recall the first look at the Joker being overwhelmingly positive on the net. I personally just about **** myself as I saw the first image come into focus. It was a real "holy ****" moment. I was instantly infatuated with it.

This new Robocop? I'm not going to write it off just yet, but I still need to be convinced. When I first saw what Nolan was going to do with the Joker, it blew away every previous version I had ever seen. I thought "I NEED to see that!" This one? I think "so far, the original look still blows it away."

A note for context: I really dig the new ED-209 design. That's another one I looked at and, whilst I didn't need a change of underwear, I thought "very cool."

I can't write off the whole movie based on one spy pick (though the "Robocop is a Transformer" thing still makes my teeth hurt). I wasn't digging Cap's look in The Avengers spy pics and footage, and I didn't really care for it in the movie, but, the movie itself was so ****ing good that is was a non-issue.

ok about the robocop rating.

we all know why Verhovens movies are violent. and we all know that no director is like Verhoven. so why should it be R rated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"