Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The news about Spader as Ultron still means that the Avengers will probably face an army of Ultrons. Jocasta is unlikely and the Vision is a long shot, although not impossible.

Kingsley as Mandarin was great. Trevor was embarrassing. And Adrich "Syndrome" Killian was almost as bad. He might have been a formidable villain, but he only turned out that way because a drunk Tony left him on a roof. Really?

Kingsley as Mandarin was satire of comic book movie villains, the voice and the whole anarchy thing. Looking at you Bane and Joker.

Kevin Feige on Daredevil:
Not too surprising TBH. The rights reverted back to Marvel since April I think? So I don't expect to hear something like "Yes we're putting out a DD movie very soon!" Marvel obviously has a lot on their plate - I'm just glad they're looking on how to approach DD from all sides. "Enough material for a film." Damn right.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long though.

Last edited:
That would severely bum me out, that would feel like a cop out. Trevor was great let him be.

A cop out of what was already a cop out? Kingsley as Mandarin in the first half of the film was great. Let him be that.

I saw him as a satire as well; I remember lots of people giving me a WTF look during his voiceovers in the trailers. I was kinda worried it was treading some very played-out villain territory till the movie. I guess that's why so many fans liked it :oldrazz:

He didn't create the "Iron Legion" to be proxies, though. He fully intended each suit of armor to be used to its intended purpose in any given situation --- i.e., if he needed to go into space for a mission, or go underwater, or be "invisible," etc. It was a desperation move to fire up the whole batch of them and have JARVIS r/c them into attacking the AIM base en masse.

If he didn't create them to be proxies, why would he have created the house party protocol, if he didn't intend to use it? If Tony didn't believe Iron Man proxies were a natural evolution of his tech, why did we find him at his house testing out a proxy Iron Man just so he could multitask?

It will be interesting to see if this film shoots somewhere else outside of London.

Also: I think Kingsley is involved in the next Marvel One Shot.

Last edited:
He didn't create the "Iron Legion" to be proxies, though. He fully intended each suit of armor to be used to its intended purpose in any given situation --- i.e., if he needed to go into space for a mission, or go underwater, or be "invisible," etc. It was a desperation move to fire up the whole batch of them and have JARVIS r/c them into attacking the AIM base en masse.

He called the Mark 42 autonomous at the start of the movie

It will be interesting to see if this film shoots somewhere else outside of London.

Also: I think Kingsley is involved in the next Marvel One Shot.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

Hmmm....this website hints that Kingsley could be a part of Big Hero 6:

http://nerdreactor.com/2013/10/22/sir-ben-kingsley-set-to-reunite-with-marvel-on-secret-project/

One can only assume that Kingsley will be back as The Mandarin Trevor Slattery in the next Marvel: One Shot for the Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray release, but there’s always the chance that there’s something else on tap for the venerable actor. Maybe the secret project he’s talking about is a cameo appearance in Captain America: The Winter Soldier or maybe even a role in Marvel’s upcoming animated film, Big Hero 6? Who knows but either way Kingsley is keen on working with the studio again. On speaking with Marvel as a whole, he has nothing but praise for the studio, saying “I think they have enormous taste as creative artists. There’s nothing lazy or gratuitous about their work. They are at the top of their game, and they’re great company to keep.”

Read more at http://nerdreactor.com/2013/10/22/s...marvel-on-secret-project/#0K2ltTh2LOzxyL5r.99

Kingsley as Mandarin was great. Trevor was embarrassing. And Adrich "Syndrome" Killian was almost as bad. He might have been a formidable villain, but he only turned out that way because a drunk Tony left him on a roof. Really?

no. he had hit rock bottom. he thought that Stark was his lifeline. he became a villain while crawling out of that "pit" of desperation. it mirrors Stark's escape from the desert.

:facepalm: Yep this movie flew way over people's heads if they still compare Killian to Syndrome.:doh:

Two entirely different characters .
That is a dissapointing comparison indeed.

no. he had hit rock bottom. he thought that Stark was his lifeline. he became a villain while crawling out of that "pit" of desperation. it mirrors Stark's escape from the desert.

It doesn't mirror it. For one, he picks the worst time possible to get Tony's attention. Instead of choosing to approach the biggest playboy in the world on a more normal day, he decides to approach him on the biggest night of the second millennium right before he is about to get laid. He literally gave himself the biggest handicap possible then he got all sad, mad, and surprised that he didn't get what he hoped to get.

It doesn't mirror it. For one, he picks the worst time possible to get Tony's attention. Instead of choosing to approach the biggest playboy in the world on a more normal day, he decides to approach him on the biggest night of the second millennium right before he is about to get laid. He literally gave himself the biggest handicap possible then he got all sad, mad, and surprised that he didn't get what he hoped to get.

that's why he's the villain.

:facepalm: Yep this movie flew way over people's heads if they still compare Killian to Syndrome.:doh:

Not to mention the fact that they think Killian's motivation somehow stems from getting stood up by Tony at the '99 party.

Killian's motivation came *after* the party, and is almost entirely linked to Maya Hansen, *not* Tony Stark. Maya's Extremis project is what literally saved Killian's life and turned him around. *Everything* about Killian's life and motivation is about Extremis, *not* about getting snubbed at a party.

Not to mention the fact that they think Killian's motivation somehow stems from getting stood up by Tony at the '99 party.

Killian's motivation came *after* the party, and is almost entirely linked to Maya Hansen, *not* Tony Stark. Maya's Extremis project is what literally saved Killian's life and turned him around. *Everything* about Killian's life and motivation is about Extremis, *not* about getting snubbed at a party.

Bingo, some people really didn't understand this at all haha.

The news about Spader as Ultron still means that the Avengers will probably face an army of Ultrons. Jocasta is unlikely and the Vision is a long shot, although not impossible.
Jocasta (in all her comic iterations IMO) is too goofy to be included in the movie. However, I would put Vision in the "just south of likely" neighbourhood.

If I were to make random unsubstantiated guesses, Ultron could take over, "upgrade" and build JARVIS a humanoid body as an F-you to Tony. I'm thinking Ultron, perverse sensibilities and all, would be delighted by the thought of Stark's (arguably) greatest creation destroying Stark and possibly the rest of the Avengers. A sentient JARVIS/Vision then overcomes Ultron's programming and... well, we all know the rest of that particular drill.

Eh? I don't see how Jocasta is goofy but vision and Ultron aren't. Unless you're talking about the robosexual marriage of her and Pym. I suppose that's fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"