• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
let's be honest here, there isn't a marvel/avengers/spidey fan that ISN'T going to see TDKR. so we're just teasing ;)

200 million. WOW. Enjoy the success Marvel/Disney and Whedon

Now here comes the major problem with the shared universe. Momentum. If Ironman 3 stinks then will that effect the gross of the other marvel films?

It's going to pass SM2 and probably SM1 at the WW box office by the end of next weekend :awesome:

Yea, the benefits for the solo movies will be immense. They'll have bigger budgets. And the goodwill going forward will be phenomenal.

Well i hope Marvel doesn't go down that road. Throwing more money into a project doesn't always translate to more success, just ask WB. While I think decent budgets are needed i don't see the need to 200 million on say a CAP movie. I want Marvel to stay responsible with their budgets.

Now here comes the major problem with the shared universe. Momentum. If Ironman 3 stinks then will that effect the gross of the other marvel films?

the solo movies shouldn't be adverts for avengers 2 (like IM2 was an advert for the avengers) they should just aim to make good movies.

Well i hope Marvel doesn't go down that road. Throwing more money into a project doesn't always translate to more success, just ask WB. While I think decent budgets are needed i don't see the need to 200 million on say a CAP movie. I want Marvel to stay responsible with their budgets.

it's a good thing. with a bigger budget, thor (for example) could be set entirely on asgard.

thor 2 deserves a much bigger budget,if not bigger then avengers-220-230 mill.
if that happens,if the movie is good and if it has huge battles in space,other planets and on earth(why not) that will attract mass audience AND with chris hemsworth becoming more popular every day thor 2 can gross huge money-700-800 mill at leist...

There's no denying it! :up:

I just wish he would open up to a shared Universe for ALL the DC characters.

Definately, I HATE that we're not gonna see such an iconic version of Bats alongside other heroes.

if that happens,if the movie is good and if it has huge battles in space,other planets and on earth(why not) that will attract mass audience AND with chris hemsworth becoming more popular every day thor 2 can gross huge money-700-800 mill at leist...

agreed.

it's a good thing. with a bigger budget, thor (for example) could be set entirely on asgard.
Meh.

What is the point of a superhero movie if he hangs out in a magical world full of people just as powerful as he is?

The question is more if TDKR can top TDK's adjusted OW gross($172M). If it can(and I'm not entirely sure about that) then it could possibly challenge TA for record # of tickets sold(TDKR would need to exceed $175-180M to do that).
I don't think it can. TDK hype was much more than what we're seeing with TDKR. Not to mention that The Joker and Two-Face were in the movie, whereas Bane, an almost unknown character to the GA, is the main villain.

TDKR will do good at the box office, but I don't think it'll do TDK-numbers, and surprisingly, I don't think it'll do The Avengers numbers, either. I still haven't seen The Avengers(about to leave in 20 min), but I'm extremely happy its doing well at the box office and with reviews. I know TDKR will do good, I just hope Spidey does well. There really isn't any hype, and I think it looks badass. :(

It's even crazier that it was May 2002, May 2007, May 2012

Avengers 3, May 2017, first to cross 250? :hehe:
if they come up with something as good as this one, they can make that come Avengers2 in 2015.

i think we can pretty much assure that Avengers2 will open big given the success of the first movie. whether or not its got legs as good as this one remains to be seen of course

Definately, I HATE that we're not gonna see such an iconic version of Bats alongside other heroes.

you will, when they reboot batman and set him in the MOS universe

if that happens,if the movie is good and if it has huge battles in space,other planets and on earth(why not) that will attract mass audience AND with chris hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston becoming more popular every day thor 2 can gross huge money-700-800 mill at leist...

fix'd

Hey guys! Normally a lurker, I'm just stopping by to celebrate! :woot:

200 mil!!!

I can't say "told ya!", 'cause my best expectation even this friday were 175 mil, but I'm proud to have said in 2008-2009 that this was "the Marvel Age of movies", as it was with comics, when it changed the game forever :hrt:

I'm so happy to see the world embrace what I loved about Marvel comics my whole life, and even happier that we got a movie that got to transmit that, larger than life, and realistic stories at the same time

I don't think it can. TDK hype was much more than what we're seeing with TDKR. Not to mention that The Joker and Two-Face were in the movie, whereas Bane, an almost unknown character to the GA, is the main villain.

TDKR will do good at the box office, but I don't think it'll do TDK-numbers, and surprisingly, I don't think it'll do The Avengers numbers, either. I still haven't seen The Avengers(about to leave in 20 min), but I'm extremely happy its doing well at the box office and with reviews. I know TDKR will do good, I just hope Spidey does well. There really isn't any hype, and I think it looks badass. :(

the hype for spidey will be generated with the tv spots

Tell me about it. I wanted to see the thing in IMAX today, and my nearest IMAX is ALL SOLD OUT TILL FRICKING WEDNESDAY! What in the hell? I have never seen anything like this, since maybe ET back in the 80's. And I want to see this before that Dark Shadows takes over. Well, Wednesday night, I'll get to see it, and then next weekend, 2D here I come.

Yeah, i live in a very small town in central Georgia (USA) and all the Avengers shows have been either completely sold out, or at (from what the manager tells me) 95 % capacity. I've been every day now, and when i saw the first showing this morning, sold out, here in the bloody armpit of "No-where's-ville", i knew this was now officially a phenomenon.

Bale Bats & Cavill Supes could have been a great start for JL. I agree on Nolan's Batfilms staying self contained but that doesn't mean that that Batman can't do other stuff after outside Gotham. Although it might be a bit difficult if [BLACKOUT]he dies in TDKR[/BLACKOUT].

Bale Bats & Cavill Supes could have been a great start for JL. I agree on Nolan's Batfilms staying self contained but that doesn't mean that that Batman can't do other stuff after outside Gotham. Although it might be a bit difficult if [BLACKOUT]he dies in TDKR[/BLACKOUT].

you put that in spoiler tags, is that speculation?

Calm down, son. Life's good.
Haven't you heard the new? Avenger just made over 200M.:woot:

SOMEBODY sure has! :word: :cwink:

tumblr_lvt0mi6ou61qj7r3c.gif

Does this film revolve around a Macguffin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"