The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Yeah good point. The demand for this movie shows. It is averaging a good amount per theater and ranks in the top 6 consistently, despite the wave of new releases in the SUMMER.

Summer movies have a high turnover rate and it certainly is rare to see a movie released in the beginning of May still holding up pretty well in the beginning of July. TA is a fighter, and a survivor. Certainly.

MAN I can't believe Avengers is soooo close to 1.5 BIL!

$609 M DOM, $841 M FOR, $1.45 B WW. Japan will push into the $1.5-1.6 B range.

$1,450,714,000

I don't know if Japan can make it to 1.5 but i really hope it does

Just think if they would re-release another cut in theaters they could probably push it to $2.0 billion ;) .

$609 M DOM, $841 M FOR, $1.45 B WW. Japan will push into the $1.5-1.6 B range.
Japan would need to rake in something close to $40M.

Early projections indicated that Avengers may track somewhere around $30M in Japan... how close to the actual is still up in the air.

It's going to be really close for sure based on Japan's reception of Amazing Spider-Man too since it's looking like it won't even make $50M over there like it's previous films, and Spider-Man has been Japan's biggest superhero money maker.

The DOM market is slowly dying with Avengers playing in just 1100 theaters now dropping close to 50% for the first time this Friday.

It's going to be real close.

If they have all this extra footage a rerelease would be free money. Not sure when would be the best time for it though.

If they have all this extra footage a rerelease would be free money. Not sure when would be the best time for it though.

Marvel can re-release The Avengers at awards time. Although it probably won't be up for the major awards, it ought to get nommed for visual effects and some of the other technical categories. That would be enough to justify putting it back into theaters in the slack winter quarter.

Would any of you actually want to see the movie again in theaters in a few moths though? I'm assuming you'd all have the blu rays by that point.

I'd be there with bells on. Seeing it in a theater is a far better experience than watching it on a TV, for me at least.

The thing to remember is from this point on TDK made 12 million more dollars... The projections are real solid for TA ending with 623 million for a long time now. if the movie gets bumped out because of theater space earlier than that, a re-release becomes more and more likely, much like TDK did. (it was dfown to 6 theaters at one point) No use leaving millions on the table...

Would any of you actually want to see the movie again in theaters in a few moths though? I'm assuming you'd all have the blu rays by that point.

Sure I would. Some movies I would love to see again in theaters, even if they were on free TV already, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Indianan Jones 1-3. It's a greater experience that home cinema can't reach.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Japan pushing it over 1.5B.

It took 66 days for The Avengers to finally get a huge drop over 50%.

Sunday drop = 56% and Monday drop = 63% ouch!

Forecasts if the drops are consistent with this week:

~ $613.6 million after July 15th.

~ $614.9 million after July 22nd.

~ $615.7 million after July 29th.

Last edited:
I almost wish it could finish at 616 million.

Why? Why not finish at maybe $620 million or more?

Well that's mainly because TASM caused it to lose what few screens it was showing on. I can tell you in my area on July 2nd it still had screens on every major theater in down. On July 3rd it was pulled from everywhere except the AMC theaters, where it was down to two or three showings per day.

I want it to get to at least $623M so it can clinch that 3X multiplier.

I don't think the drops will be consistent in the following three weekends, based on what's being released each of those weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"