The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took 66 days for The Avengers to finally get a huge drop over 50%.

Sunday drop = 56% and Monday drop = 63% ouch!

Forecasts if the drops are consistent with this week:

~ $613.6 million after July 15th.

~ $614.9 million after July 22nd.

~ $615.7 million after July 29th.
My predictions last week was on point!

Actual is...

$613,660,486 million after July 15th.

Meh, close enough. Looks like the movie will finally top out around $615 million-ish.

If Titanic didn't get a rerelease. The Avengers would have been #2 in all-time domestic. Maybe they should re-release the movie before the Avengers 2 come out in theaters.

This place is going to be busy this weekend...exciting times for fans of CBM :)

I prefer to see the TA/TDKR situation like this...together they will combine their grosses to make 2012 the biggest year in domestic BO history!

600 + 500 +250 = over 1.3 billion

we are on track for a 11 billion total for 2012

The current record holder is 2009 with $10,595.5 billion, mostly due to Avatar

Last edited:
^^^

I see TDKR making a good deal more than 500m. I think sources are not ruling out 600m.

Also it's funny how avatars total is rolled into 2009 when i'm pretty sure it made 80-90% of it's BO in 2010.

2012 between Avengers, TDKR, Hunger Games, and The Hobbit is going to absolutely shatter 2009.

I'm not sure on the total for TDKR, because there is so much hype about the tracking and the box office right now that who knows the truth.

Avengers was a total shock, and some people thought this would be the no. 3 film of the year. It may still be, but where as 3 months ago everyone thought TDKR would be the one to beat, Avengers is clearly the one to beat. While TDKR might have a puncher's chance at getting more than 600M it's more than likely not going to come close to Avengers WW total.

If Titanic didn't get a rerelease. The Avengers would have been #2 in all-time domestic. Maybe they should re-release the movie before the Avengers 2 come out in theaters.
Oh my goodness. I just thought of something. Would people watch all of Phase I and Phase II in those mega-marathons that some AMC theaters have been doing before Avengers 2 midnight showings? That could be a 24+ hour affair! CRAZY!!! (I'll probably be doing it at home over the preceding weeks.)

(The more likely thing will be theaters showing Phase II marathons.)

Oh my goodness. I just thought of something. Would people watch all of Phase I and Phase II in those mega-marathons that some AMC theaters have been doing before Avengers 2 midnight showings? That could be a 24+ hour affair! CRAZY!!! (I'll probably be doing it at home over the preceding weeks.)

(The more likely thing will be theaters showing Phase II marathons.)

Not if it's released in May. The MCU marathon sold about 30,000 tickets which was a record until TDKR (although how many marathons can they have?). The Marathons do very little to generate extra revenue. It maybe accounts for 1-2M of the gross revenue.

Not if it's released in May. The MCU marathon sold about 30,000 tickets which was a record until TDKR (although how many marathons can they have?). The Marathons do very little to generate extra revenue. It maybe accounts for 1-2M of the gross revenue.
Oh, I was just thinking about how ridiculously crazy it would be to sit through 10+ movies in theaters. I wasn't necessarily thinking about box office. Sorry for the off-topicness. I think I'll start another thread about it.

LOL here we go again with the TDKR/Avengers business.

Buckle up Vileone, that's all people are going to be talking about for the next week or two haha.

I have to admit its funny watching them fret over reviews and RT scores just like we were a couple of months ago

Not gunna touch the TDKR/Avengers thing...

I just wanted to come back in here, cuz it's been a while, to gloat at all those who said "There's no way Avengers will make a billion dollars! You don't just add the totals from the other films!!"

Well nani nani boo boo, stick your heads in doo doo

hehe but seriously it will be awesome if Avengers can stop around at 616

LOL here we go again with the TDKR/Avengers business.

Sorry, lol! I didn't mean to bring that up, I was posting on the Bat boards because people were talking about all the Marathon events that had sold out for TDKR and how it had broken the MCU marathon record by double, and I was saying that those really make very little extra profit for the movie. The theater chains love them because it generates alot of extra business.

But honestly who wants to sit through all those movies at one time. I love these movies, but that almost puts me in a coma just thinking about sitting through a 24 hr marathon.

Marvel Marathon was six movies. Bat-marathon is only three so . . . I mean . . . do the math ;) .

Just pointing out why a Bat-marathon could double the tickets sales of Marvel Marathon ;) .

Just pointing out why a Bat-marathon could double the tickets sales of Marvel Marathon ;) .

shouldn't go to other forum doing this. Its like a Avenger person going to Dark Knight forum and saying TA has a better RT score than DKR. don't..:cwink:

The thing I hope we all can not do (which i doubt will happen)

If DKR does better than Avengers, we will be hearing a lot of showing off from the Pure fans.
If DKR fail to meet Avengers number, we will be hearing a lot of showing off from the Pure fans.

Just be happy we got 3 good movies this year.

Last edited:
I just hope people don't be d***s if the record is broken, and if it isn't I hope the other side is civil as well.

I like the Dark Knight films, but I absolutely hate the freaking hype behind the movies, and the constant d*** measuring.

I just hope people don't be d***s if the record is broken, and if it isn't I hope the other side is civil as well.

I like the Dark Knight films, but I absolutely hate the freaking hype behind the movies, and the constant d*** measuring.

There are going to be. Just don't engage them because that's what they want.

Lol, they're so spoiled over there. They've been gloating and boasting about all the Batman BO records and Rotten Tomato scores since 2008 and they're dieing to keep them. We've had to hear it for five years and I'd be so happy if it would finally stop. I'm really enjoying myself right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"