The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
well guys...it looks like the end of the road. It is limping its way to 630 at the most. 650 is impossible unless they re-release it. Its been fun tracking this movie event.

well guys...it looks like the end of the road. It is limping its way to 630 at the most. 650 is impossible unless they re-release it. Its been fun tracking this movie event.

At 630 it would have well more than a 3x multiplier which is huge for a movie that opened this big.

We still got the Dark Knight Rises. It would be really spectacular if that hit 600+ and billion international mark. To have two great movies, instead of the crap that usually makes the big money, both in the superhero genre, both by two artist who have left theyr distinguible mark as auteurs in both, both so diferent in tone... Its good for the genre, bad place, its good for cinema period.

When good personal films get to be box office monster in one year, there is nothing better than that. Give big money to two artists and let them be themselves and maybe you may get a moneymaker.

Its also great that they are so diferent: it doesnt matter if one is somber, dark, and the other fun and adventourous; if its good, people will come. Or they may come. Its better to fail trying to make good movies than failing on corporative mediocre films.

Of course, im not sure they would get the message, and it saddens me a bit that some fans seem to need to make the box office comparisons of The Avengers and TDKR into a competition, wich could potentially be fun and sportive IF so many people didnt take it so seriously; no matter, though. Dont care who makes more money, two over 90 percent red tommatoes movies over 600 domestic would be an event to celebrate...

But this is not TDKR section so yeah he's right it's the end of the road for tracking the Avenger's domestic Box Office earnings.

The end of the road for me is a week from tomorrow. Its been a great run regardless.

Yeah, been amazing. Avengers 2, 3 & the others will be even more fun to track. :woot:

I need to catch it one more time before it leaves theaters. So it will at least get an additional $8.50 ;)

I wouldn't squabble over the pennies people, which a few million give or take basically is at this point. Just let the thread die. Avengers is in the past and it is time to move forward to the future. Maybe the discussion will be relevant when the Japan numbers roll in. For a day or two.

I wouldn't squabble over the pennies people, which a few million give or take basically is at this point. Just let the thread die. Avengers is in the past and it is time to move forward to the future. Maybe the discussion will be relevant when the Japan numbers roll in. For a day or two.
This whole forum is for the Avengers movie. There are threads in several other forums dedicated to the future movies. As long as people still want to talk about this movie right here and now, this is totally the appropriate place to do so, and I don't believe they should be silenced. The thread will die by itself when it's good and ready.

yup. it will die a natural death eventually, without any declarative statements.

maybe certain folk are anxious to clear the stage for some reason. what could it be? hmm...

We need to start playing that BoyzIIMen song.

I get the feeling Japan will eat this movie up.

This whole forum is for the Avengers movie. There are threads in several other forums dedicated to the future movies. As long as people still want to talk about this movie right here and now, this is totally the appropriate place to do so, and I don't believe they should be silenced. The thread will die by itself when it's good and ready.

Yeah I think there are relevant conversation about BO with this movie. For one we do not have the Japan release yet, which should put it to 1.5B WW. Also with TDKR and the Hobbit still to come out BO records that Avengers holds are very relevant. I don't think TDKR without 3D can break those records, but potentially the Hobbit could.

Yeah I think there are relevant conversation about BO with this movie. For one we do not have the Japan release yet, which should put it to 1.5B WW. Also with TDKR and the Hobbit still to come out BO records that Avengers holds are very relevant. I don't think TDKR without 3D can break those records, but potentially the Hobbit could.
Agreed--even as Avengers leaves theaters, people are still going to be coming to threads like this as other heavyweights enter the box office ring. I mean, there are still a bunch of people regularly posting in the Batman Begins forum.

Its still only in week 10 (day 70) of its release TDK was out for 33 weeks (231 days) its still averaging a healthy per theater number... I still think there must be a re-release after TDK takes theaters away from it this weekend. TDK dwindled to 125 and 6 theaters respectively and was aided by additional releases while still in theaters... no reason not to do that with this movie too, unless, of course they want to push the DVD/bluray for christmas.......

I think 1.5 billion will be the new billion, as inflation always permits. TDKR won't come close internationally, but might put a scare domestically in terms of ticket sales. Then the Hobbit, which will be massive. Eventually Avengers will have company. Like Avatar, Star Wars, ET, Phantom Menace, Lion King which put up remarkable figures, only time will tell if Avengers did enough to separate itself from the pack for years and years.

I think 1.5 billion will be the new billion, as inflation always permits. TDKR won't come close internationally, but might put a scare domestically in terms of ticket sales. Then the Hobbit, which will be massive. Eventually Avengers will have company. Like Avatar, Star Wars, ET, Phantom Menace, Lion King which put up remarkable figures, only time will tell if Avengers did enough to separate itself from the pack for years and years.
Yeah, company like Avengers 2 and 3!

Well the truth is none of these records lasts very long. Spider-man 1 had the record for 4 year, Pirates of the Caribbean had the record for 1 year, Spider-man 3 had the record for 1 year, The Dark Knight had the record for 3 years, and Harry Potter had the record for 1 year. So really, who the bad place knows?

Eventually someone will break the Avengers record, as to when, who knows. I think it's got enough to last at leas this year. The Hobbit will likely have a 3 hr run time which will set it back, and TDKR has a 3 hr run time plus no 3D pricing. It may be Iron Man 3 that sets the record as this is shaping up to be much bigger in scope than Iron Man 2 was, which was somewhat of a letdown to some. We'll know more this weekend.

Iron Man 3, Avengers 2, TASM 2, Hobbit part 2, MoS 2, Avatar 2. These are the most likely candidates if the record will be broken soon.

However here's the thing no one is taking into account. Inflation is one thing, but with Avengers we saw theaters hitting critical mass, which they may do again for TDKR. The biggest obstacle to breaking any new records is the theaters. They are just big enough to meet demand for these huge tent-poll movies, and they are often times too big, through much of the season when movie going is light. What I'm saying is, there no demand right now to add new theaters or add more screens to existing theaters. Even IMAX screens will grow some, but I think the expense of adding them doesn't always pan out in terms of sales. Only for a few select films.

We've literally gone from a system when I was a kid with Star Wars, where the theaters were so small, people were lined up around city blocks to get a ticket to a show, to a point now where with the internet, and the number of theaters close to people, with multiple screens, you can see any movie you want to on opening day.

My theatre took the Avengers out for about a week or two which disappointed me, as I wanted to see it one more time before it left for good. But I just checked online and they're now showing it again. Yes the movie is definitely coming to an end, but apparently it's still making decent enough money to warrant one showing a day, which is what my local cinema is doing.

Yeah my theater did that too the closest theater that is still playing Avengers around me is about 22 miles away

It will be amazing to still see TA in the top 20 films alongside TDKR. It placed 10th for Friday estimates!!!

I don't want TDKR to do too well :/ I don't want it to beat Avengers.
Anyway, the movie is bound to drop in figures. Not everyone wants to watch it 3 or 4 times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"