The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 7

TA is not getting past 630 million (Titanic stands at 650 something) without a rerelease, so dont hold your breath. until they rerelease it :D

It looks like TA is going to stop at 620 million at the most without a rerelease.

well it beat titanic's original release sans inflation; but inflation isn't spending power for the majority so things with a large audience have a tougher time and more competition than any past film.

Last edited:
So looks like going into Japan, we're at $1.46 B...it's closed in nearly every major foreign market, and is tricking to $616-617 M in the states. Come on $1.5 B!!!

So looks like going into Japan, we're at $1.46 B...it's closed in nearly every major foreign market, and is tricking to $616-617 M in the states. Come on $1.5 B!!!

Not completey closed. Just noticed that TA is still running in one theater in my city. And it's by far not the biggest town here in Germany. Wow. Could watch it just once more, hehe.

Not completey closed. Just noticed that TA is still running in one theater in my city. And it's by far not the biggest town here in Germany. Wow. Could watch it just once more, hehe.

Still running in Austria too. My theatre kicked ASM out to make place for TDKR though

It's still showing at a drive in and discount theater within 20 miles of where I'm at but that's about it.

We have two theaters showing Avengers here. Thinking about going this afternoon

There's one theater near me that's showing it 5X a day still.

I wonder what the marketing is like in Japan at this point. Prediction on the box office there? I say 80 million.

TA is opening Aug 14 in Japan. Things should pick up in here in 16 days from now.

TA just crossed 616 MILLION!!!! YEEHAW!

It needs just 43 more million to beat Titanic.

Last edited:
I saw it again yesterday. I'm so glad the AMC's around me are keeping it in theatres. Knowing it's still playing down the street makes me feel all cozy inside.

Paid $6.75 for my matinee ticket and counted 10 other people with me in the theatre. As the previews were rolling I thought $74.25 more for Avengers!

Note- AMC (all of them around me) raised their prices since May. Other films are drawing more from their 2D tickets now than in May.

Looks like TA could be the #1 movie of the summer, or even the year.

I hope so. TA is the best comicbook movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like TA could be the #1 movie of the summer, or even the year.

If we count Avatar as being released in the 2000s then The Avengers has a pretty good chance at being the #1 film of this decade.

Until Avengers 2 comes out.

If we count Avatar as being released in the 2000s then The Avengers has a pretty good chance at being the #1 film of this decade.

With the way records have fallen the last few years. If we count this decade as between 2010-2019. I can foresee at least one or two other films before the end of the decade coming out bigger.

I mean titanic a film released in 1997 is still in the top 2 (although aided with re-release).

With the way records have fallen the last few years. If we count this decade as between 2010-2019. I can foresee at least one or two other films before the end of the decade coming out bigger.

I mean titanic a film released in 1997 is still in the top 2 (although aided with re-release).
not to mention a 3D rerelease at that .

i'm going to assume Avengers 2 and 3 will come out in 2016 and 2020. Avatar 2 and 3 will probably show up in that range as well. Count in the Hobbit as well. Its very possible that 9 out of the top 10 highest grossing films will come from these 3 franchises

T"Challa;24046781 said:
i'm going to assume Avengers 2 and 3 will come out in 2015 and 2018. Avatar 2 and 3 will probably show up in that range as well. Count in the Hobbit as well. Its very possible that 9 out of the top 10 highest grossing films will come from these 3 franchises

Fixed it for you.

I like the previous dates better .
Let them take their time making quality sequels.

I like the previous dates better .
Let them take their time making quality sequels.

Me too. The Avengers is now at event status. And the last thing you want is for Whedon and the actors to get burned out. take Hemsworth and Evans for example, if the Avengers were to come out in 2015, that means they'd have been filming Marvel and promoting Marvel flicks every year for 6 yrs straight, not to mention the toll it takes on their bodies in terms of all that muscle gain/loss. I say give them some room away from their characters, let them focus on doing everything else they want to do creatively, allow them to actually miss plying their characters and then get back at it.

The release dates are what they are. May 2015 for the sequel. No indication that this is gonna change. Sorry if this doesnt work for you.

The release dates are what they are. May 2015 for the sequel. No indication that this is gonna change. Sorry if this doesnt work for you.

Oh, it has been officially announced? didnt know that.

Marvel has nothing planned date-wise past 2014 at the moment, almost no studios set dates out that far. It's just an assumption by some that Avengers 2 will come out then.

I don't see them changing the formula too much though i can picture someone like joss whedon wanting as much time between films also as he hasn't confirmed he'll be back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"