The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - Part 138

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know if Batman put a tracer on Miranda, he might've known who she really is... :p
I don't think she got close to him until after the plan was in full swing and she could be around him as a prisoner without being suspected. I think they were aware that Batman would be capable of such a thing. :cwink:

Tyler Stout's The Dark Knight Rises poster?

qHdb5.jpg

Was it true that Ra's mentions a son in Batman Begins? Someone told me yes, but I don't believe that right. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

Nope. Only mentioned a "she", which I assume refers to his wife.

It would have been nice if she was...if it was explored that because of Selina's past, not only can she not clean her slate, but she basically HAS to turn to crime to survive. If it was indicated that a large portion of Gotham is that way. That's based in several very real criminal and social theories.

It's pretty implied that she had to turn to crime. I thought that was pretty clear. Plus, the homeless LITERALLY living in the sewer, looking for work, only to be recruited and then work for Bane's army wasn't enough?

I get that you want to have a character sit down and have all these things explored in the film, since as you say that Nolan doesn't do subtle, but come on, are you not going to do any work to meet the film half way?

I ain't saying be talked to through out the picture but if I can pick up on what Nolan's working towards and you can't, then why are we even discussing this?

You interpreted the film one way. I did another.

Ultimately, I can't have a discussion with you about the film because you don't think it works. I do. We can pretty much end this now.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that simple. With The Guard it never is.

And that's fine. He's entitled to it. I'm just ending it now because it'll just go on back and forth and neither one of us is going to back down on our feelings about this film.

Is it Nolan's most flawed script? Yes and no. After five viewings, does the film still feel a tad wobbly in certain parts. Yes. As the last shot fades to black, am I jazzed that, after five viewings, I witnessed the best picture I've seen this year amongst many? Goddamn right!

And that's fine. He's entitled to it. I'm just ending it now because it'll just go on back and forth and neither one of us is going to back down on our feelings about this film.

Is it Nolan's most flawed script? Yes and no. After five viewings, does the film still feel a tad wobbly in certain parts. Yes. As the last shot fades to black, am I jazzed that, after five viewings, I witnessed the best picture I've seen this year amongst many? Goddamn right!
Dude it was just a play on Batman's line from TDK. "It's not that simple. With the Joker it never is". :hehe:

Nope. Only mentioned a "she", which I assume refers to his wife.

thank you! she said she went back to listen again and said that ra's said "son". i was like no way. i just hadnt had a chance to look at it again. i figured someone here would know right away.

thank you! she said she went back to listen again and said that ra's said "son". i was like no way. i just hadnt had a chance to look at it again. i figured someone here would know right away.

No probs. I'm obsessed with Begins so I know almost every line :oldrazz: Yeah, Ra's says "she was taken from me" so definitely his wife.

What's simple, is that every second we don't settle this both TDKR lovers and haters get closer to blowing each other up!

Excellent, then I can fake my death and run off with a foxy brunette and avoid paying taxes:word:

No probs. I'm obsessed with Begins so I know almost every line :oldrazz: Yeah, Ra's says "she was taken from me" so definitely his wife.

she just has me in a frenzy. i am pretty sure that i knew all the lines too. she borrowed the movie so she could understand TDKR. she kept saying big mistake. "he says son!" i was kept telling her she was wrong. so ive been itching to see what she was hearing.

In the BB novel, Ra's talked specifically about Talia. But I believe the BB novel is a bit different from the movie compared to how close the TDKR novel was to TDKR. Plus, Talia's nature in TDKR contradicts the Talia painted in the BB novel IMO.

she just has me in a frenzy. i am pretty sure that i knew all the lines too. she borrowed the movie so she could understand TDKR. she kept saying big mistake. "he says son!" i was kept telling her she was wrong. so ive been itching to see what she was hearing.

Your girl needs subtitles or the volume needs turning up :oldrazz:

In the BB novel, Ra's talked specifically about Talia. But I believe the BB novel is a bit different from the movie compared to how close the TDKR novel was to TDKR. Plus, Talia's nature in TDKR contradicts the Talia painted in the BB novel IMO.

I see. Is Ra's' wife in TDKR?

craigdbfan said:

I Am The Knight said:
What's simple, is that every second we don't settle this both TDKR lovers and haters get closer to blowing each other up!

craigdbfan said:
That won't happen.

Deserana said:
Then they'll blow everyone up!

These boards will show you... That they're full of people... Ready to believe in good.

We see her several times. One where Ra's is looking at her from afar. Another where they're together and then when she's being brought into the pit as well, moments before she meets her demise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"