The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I moved on from trying to like BvS after the first viewing.

As for the action, I found it pretty meh as well. Snyder even failed at the shallow, surface things he usually excels at. The Warehouse fight was the only action scene in the move that I thought was remarkable. Honestly, it was the only scene in the movie I found impressive period.

I feel like I moved on from trying to like BvS after the first viewing.

Same here. I tried my best to like it. I like quite a few scenes in the movie but I find it difficult to even call it a movie - it lacks a basic structure that a movie should have. Story-wise, it feels like a TV show sloppily-condensed into a movie.

As for the action, I found it pretty meh as well. Snyder even failed at the shallow, surface things he usually excels at. The Warehouse fight was the only action scene in the move that I thought was remarkable. Honestly, it was the only scene in the movie I found impressive period.

Yeah, I agree. Some other action scenes were just effects here and there and not much else.

I watched the film twice now (theater + cam) and I can't recall most of the Doomsday battle. It's a blur because of how mind-numbing it is.

The Warehouse fight was the only action scene in the move that I thought was remarkable. Honestly, it was the only scene in the movie I found impressive period.

I feel the same. This is going to be like Man of Steel for me, watching it only once and never feeling like going back to it.

Between those two movies, I feel this is going to be this generation's Matrix Reloaded and Revolution.

I watched the film twice now (theater + cam) and I can't recall most of the Doomsday battle. It's a blur because of how mind-numbing it is.
Anytime the villain in a superhero movie ends up being a CGI monster, i'm instantly out of it, and can't take a damn thing seriously from that moment on. And they usually look so stupid, so i can't even have fun with it. Laughing at it is hard too when there's so much going on. So i just sit there, staring.

I feel the same. This is going to be like Man of Steel for me, watching it only once and never feeling like going back to it.

Between those two movies, I feel this is going to be this generation's Matrix Reloaded and Revolution.

Yup. I feel like the only reason I'd get this film on DVD is because I have every live action Batman film on DVD.

This film could've been the new STM, B89, TDK, or Avengers, but WB wanted a mediocre director to do a visionary's job.

Ill buy the Ultimate Cut because i doubt they'll release it in theaters again. A limited R-Rated release? i guess it's possible, but i wouldn't count on it.

Yup. I feel like the only reason I'd get this film on DVD is because I have every live action Batman film on DVD.

This is a dilemma I've been pondering myself, haha. The completionist in me that just wants to have every Batman film on my shelf, even the ones I don't love. I'm not sure if I can bring myself to buy this one though. I just don't know!

It still boggles the mind that BvS is getting a rated R treatment while Suicide Squad, a property that's meant to be edgy and over the top, is looking to get a PG-13 rating. People at WB are getting their s*** backwards if you ask me.

Anytime the villain in a superhero movie ends up being a CGI monster, i'm instantly out of it, and can't take a damn thing seriously from that moment on. And they usually look so stupid, so i can't even have fun with it. Laughing at it is hard too when there's so much going on. So i just sit there, staring.

I liked it in TIH because it was the natural progression/result for Tim Roth's character. But he was an actual character, not just some generic monster.

Well when you look at the SS trailer it plays almost like a comedy mostly. I am half wondering if WB are trying to adopt Marvel's more lighter approach with that one.

Same here. I tried my best to like it. I like quite a few scenes in the movie but I find it difficult to even call it a movie - it lacks a basic structure that a movie should have. Story-wise, it feels like a TV show sloppily-condensed into a movie.

Unfortunately, that's been a drawback of the shared universe, studios treating their movies like TV shows instead of films. It didn't work in ASM2, and it didn't work in BvS.

This is a dilemma I've been pondering myself, haha. The completionist in me that just wants to have every Batman film on my shelf, even the ones I don't love. I'm not sure if I can bring myself to buy this one though. I just don't know!

I tell myself "If I could buy B & R, I could buy BvS", but B & R is at least funny.

I dunno. Either way, if I buy it, I'm definitely getting the extended cut only.

Unfortunately, that's been a drawback of the shared universe, studios treating their movies like TV shows instead of films. It didn't work in ASM2, and it didn't work in BvS.

Yeah, this is true and it's such a shame. :(

I tell myself "If I could buy B & R, I could buy BvS", but B & R is at least funny.

I dunno. Either way, if I buy it, I'm definitely getting the extended cut only.

Actually, the extended cut is getting packaged with the theatrical cut, which is pretty cool of WB to be fair. They could've easily pulled a double dip here.

Ill probably post this in another thread where the discussion is ongoing, but i may as well do it here too.

During the whole Batman/Superman fight. Right before Bats tries to murder him for the second time with a spear (i think bashing a sink over his head so violently would be the first time he tried)...he says this to him. Which is something i forgot, everytime a defender brings up how Bats is shocked that Superman has a mother he cares for.

"I bet your parents taught you that you mean something. That you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson. Dying in the gutter. For no reason at all."

So he assumes that Superman has parents who taught him something positive. Something that made him believe in himself.

So why does every single defender ignore this dialogue??? It's always the same "He just thought of him as a destructive alien who is completely alone, with no feelings! When he sees him calling out for his mother, it not only reminds him of his own, it shocks him that he cares for someone!"

You can say, maybe Bruce figured they were dead. Is he talking about his Kryptonian parents or Earth parents? I don't know. But he sure as hell assumes that Supes had a mom and dad who invested some time into their child, to teach Clark something.

To me this kinda proves that his shock and decision to not spear him had NOTHING to do with any of that s**t. It's all about the name Martha and how it reminded him of his mom. Or he thought he was talking about Martha Wayne. Which is another hole! During the courtroom explosion, Wayne sees some papers with writing "You let your family die". He assumes it's Superman toying with him after a night where Supes threatens him to quit being Batman. He furiously looks at the television where they're showing the explosion "caused by Superman". It fuels Bruce to quickly act like a hot-head without thinking, to train for the big fight, putting kryptonite on a spear.

So what the f**k?!!?

WHY IS HE SCREAMING AT SUPERMAN "HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT NAME? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?". If he and the rest of the world know that your parents died when you were a kid, then that's how he knows that name. Plus in this moment your stupid ass believes that Supes wrote you goofy letters about mommy and daddy dying. If Clark was talking about your mom Bruce, that's how. Everyone knows their names were Thomas and Martha. They were billionaires like you, dumbass.

Supes: You're letting him kill Martha!
Bats: What does that mean!? Why did you say that name!?
Supes: Find him! Save Martha!
Bats: Why did you say that name? Martha. Why did you say that name?
Lois: Stop! Please, stop!
Bats: WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!?
Lois: It's his mother's name!...It's his mother's name..

That's the exact bit of dialogue. Here's a controversial opinion: I prefer listening to Bale scream WHERE'S THE TRIGGER!? countless times over this nonsense.

As you can imagine, I just put on the Martha scene and now it's coming to the warehouse. Which is the only true Batman scene in the whole movie..

He literally just grabbed a thug's gun while it was going off like apes**t does a rotation around the room trying to kill the rest of the thugs. They duck. Don't think anyone got hit but INTENT PEOPLE! INTENT! I may ignore it because he's trying to save MARTHA! (why did you say that name!? :hehe:) OK he could have f**ked them up another way.

Badass scene. Reminds me of Winter Soldier fights. Everytime Bats gets hit, stabbed or shot in this movie i burst out laughing at his reaction. It's that deep robotic voice going OH!! Ahh, at least something is funny in this movie.

Boy, KGBeast is a bad actor. Well, scene is over. At least Bats did the right thing at the end of this scene. Killed a dude to save Martha (what does that mean!? :hehe:) I guess, that erases all the dumb **** he did right!? :o

^ That would be perfect in the review thread right now, Shauner. Someone in there saying the movie wasn't bad, it just wasn't what most people wanted.

That's an excellent point, Shauner. It's sad that it's been almost a month since the film came out and we can still dissect so many things wrong with the Martha scene.

Good points, Shauner. I almost forgot about the line explicitly stating Bruce feels Superman has/had parents.

I thought I was the only one who got a chuckle out of Affleck grunting whenever he got stabbed or shot in the warehouse fight, lol.

I want to Joker, but do i have to use spoiler tags? Watching a few scenes made me lazy :)

Shika, i think i f***kin hate this movie! I tried watching some scenes again, from the first half. And i had to shut it off. It's so dull, boring, cold and disjointed (i know, it's an overused word to describe it but i can't get over how DOGS**T the editing is). Affleck even bores me now. Bruce/Bats is soooo one-note and monotone.

Irons and Affleck desperately need a movie with color, flow, fun and heart mixed with the serious darkness.

JackWhite, it's not just that scene! Check the Knightmare sequence! And the supes fight. Especially that damn dream.

Last edited:
He literally just grabbed a thug's gun while it was going off like apes**t does a rotation around the room trying to kill the rest of the thugs. They duck. Don't think anyone got hit but INTENT PEOPLE! INTENT! I may ignore it because he's trying to save MARTHA! (why did you say that name!? :hehe:) OK he could have f**ked them up another way.

That bit bothered me especially because in that situation the only difference between lethal and nonlethal intent is literally 45 degrees. All Batman had to do was aim at their feet. That's not the action of a guy who gives a crap about saving lives.

To me this kinda proves that his shock and decision to not spear him had NOTHING to do with any of that s**t. It's all about the name Martha and how it reminded him of his mom. Or he thought he was talking about Martha Wayne. Which is another hole! During the courtroom explosion, Wayne sees some papers with writing "You let your family die". He assumes it's Superman toying with him after a night where Supes threatens him to quit being Batman. He furiously looks at the television where they're showing the explosion "caused by Superman". It fuels Bruce to quickly act like a hot-head without thinking, to train for the big fight, putting kryptonite on a spear.

Yeah. This Batman is completely ruled over by emotion. He might be pushing 50, but he still acts 15.

D..did I just describe Batman or Snyder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"