• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Chapter 7: "Out of Time" Discussion 11/5/07

So is Adam the one that took Hiro's dad off the roof? We know that he swore to make Hiro pay, blah, blah, blah..and we know he could have easily survived the fall off the building?

Either he did it himself or he sent Parkman's Bastard Father (Nightmare Man) to do it .

Yeah, i'm kind of thinking it wasn't Adam that killed Kaito. Course it could turn out that way but still.

I had a feeling he was Adam.....great episode...best of the season IMO

-Æ-;13178249 said:
Very true, yet there is Claire also, and Peter can regen also yet I think Peter can only obtain the primary abilities of others powers, and cannot develop any of their secondary abilities.

I like this idea. It kind of balances out his ability to make him not so all powerful. After all, if people end up evolving their powers to be twice as strong as previously, doing things that Peter can't, he might not seem so damned over powered.

Yeah, i'm kind of thinking it wasn't Adam that killed Kaito. Course it could turn out that way but still.
It had to be Adam.

A. The hooded figure's build was too slender for Maury...yet it works for Adam.
B. Ando SAW the hooded figure. If it was Kaito's nightmare, Ando would not have been able to see it...we couldn't see Angela Petrelli's attacker, after all.

Can anyone else come up with a reason why everyone who was @ Kirby Plaza is totally not surprised that Nathan is alive?

Niki gave him a stare but that's it.

Mohinder didn't even acknowledge him

Parkman just knows him from Odessa.You'd think Mohinder would have filled him in how,you know,he kind of saved everyone's ass by flying his brother in the air.

Can anyone else come up with a reason why everyone who was @ Kirby Plaza is totally not surprised that Nathan is alive?

Niki gave him a stare but that's it.

Mohinder didn't even acknowledge him

Parkman just knows him from Odessa.You'd think Mohinder would have filled him in how,you know,he kind of saved everyone's ass by flying his brother in the air.
Four months passed.

That's the best I've got.

-Æ-;13178249 said:
Very true, yet there is Claire also, and Peter can regen also yet I think Peter can only obtain the primary abilities of others powers, and cannot develop any of their secondary abilities.

I don't know about that theory. Peter has been shown to be efficient in using a benefactor's primary and secondary abilities. If you count the Alternate Future version, then Peter can do everything Hiro can: freeze time and travel back and forth through it.

Either he did it himself or he sent Parkman's Bastard Father (Nightmare Man) to do it .

The figure looked to agile and slim to be nightmare man himself.

Maybe Kaito actually killed himself, and nightmare man made it appear to him and Ando that it was a figure that pushed him...?

Isn't next week the ep, when they close up some of the questions of the past eps?

I thought this was a good episode. (Didn't get to se it until last night). I am glad Hiro's Japan adventures are over. I am happily surpised that the Kensai dude is Adam, I had no idea. I am curious where that will go. I thought it was awesome that Parkman stood up to his dad and realized what he was capable of. It was nice to see DL again (sort of). I guess we know what Peter's mom's powers are. I wonder what West will do now that he knows HRG is Claire's dad. Very good episode. Can't wait for more. :)

I think we still don't know Peter's moms power. Unless I missed something.

I think we still don't know Peter's moms power. Unless I missed something.

I'm still confused about it too. Did she 'cause' Peter to remember who she was?
Some say she can jump in time, but i don't see that, as the guy who was interrogating Peter about the virus didn't seem suprised that she was there, so she must have been there all along.

Others have speculated that the newspaper clipping about 'snow in Florida' or whatever it was has something to do with her power.

I definitely think it was Adam, as the police report made it abundantly clear that the person jumped off with Kaito, fell several stories, and then walked away. Matt's dad attacked Angela Petrelli.

I definitely think it was Adam, as the police report made it abundantly clear that the person jumped off with Kaito, fell several stories, and then walked away. Matt's dad attacked Angela Petrelli.

Did they see foot prints on something, or did they just speculate that the person walked away?

If it's the latter, i still think it's Parkmans pops who caused both Ando and Hiro's dad, to hallucinate that someone was running towards him, and Hiro's dad merely toppled off the roof.

But then, Adam does have a grudge against Hiro...

...so many possiblities!:yay:

Did they see foot prints on something, or did they just speculate that the person walked away?

If it's the latter, i still think it's Parkmans pops who caused both Ando and Hiro's dad, to hallucinate that someone was running towards him, and Hiro's dad merely toppled off the roof.

But then, Adam does have a grudge against Hiro...

...so many possiblities!:yay:
Impossible. Ando saw the attacker, so it couldn't have been Maury. If it had been Maury, Kaito would've seemingly leaped to his own death.

Anyway, as I was rewatching, did anyone else notice the White Beard flags in Adam's apartment? That was a nice touch.

Impossible. Ando saw the attacker, so it couldn't have been Maury. If it had been Maury, Kaito would've seemingly leaped to his own death.

Anyway, as I was rewatching, did anyone else notice the White Beard flags in Adam's apartment? That was a nice touch.

I hear what your saying, but for the sake of keeping the fans speculating about 'a hooded man' the writers could have easily thrown this in there so we wouldn't think it was Maury...until it's revealled later on in the season.

It'd make sense that it was Adam as Kaito recognized him.

''In retrospect, I don't think romance is a natural fit for us.''

That's pretty sad/silly. These are supposed to be normal people who just so happen to have extraordinary abilities. I don't think it should take over the show like a soap opera, but still...

It'd make sense that it was Adam as Kaito recognized him.
exactly! the reason why he said something along the lines of, "You! Of all of them, I would never had expected it to be you." was b/c he was surprised that Adam Monroe himself, the leader of the organization, would come to kill him. Kaito had no idea of the grudge b/w Hiro and Adam.

exactly! the reason why he said something along the lines of, "You! Of all of them, I would never had expected it to be you." was b/c he was surprised that Adam Monroe himself, the leader of the organization, would come to kill him. Kaito had no idea of the grudge b/w Hiro and Adam.

Right, plus, didn't the other older heroes lock Adam away or something? So maybe Kaito didn't know that Adam escaped, which could also explain the surprised reaction.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

So yeah, the creator agrees with me. Does that mean you guys can't complain about my *****ing anymore?
No, because he says EXACTLY what I've been saying back to you.

"We assumed the audience wanted season 1 — a buildup of intrigue about these characters and the discovery of their powers. We taught [them] to expect a certain kind of storytelling."

How many times did I tell you this? And yet you kept b****ing that the "dynamics" were supposed to change. :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"