• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chapter 7: "Out of Time" Discussion 11/5/07

Does anyone know where i can watch last nights ep?

Am I the only one who interpreted the whole "Snow Falls on Miami" thing as an example of Bob's powers? It seems to fit with the matter altering theory people have going.

I don't think it is overthinking something to say that a guy with lots more experience with his powers shouldn't be easily taken out by a novice.
and i don't think it was overthinking it with the possible explanation i provided. again, to dissect it and analyze it any further would be silly and pointless - and overthinking it.

I'll never understand how people can watch actual shows and movies on youtube...The quality is so bad.

and i don't think it was overthinking it with the possible explanation i provided. again, to dissect it and analyze it any further would be silly and pointless - and overthinking it.

:huh: Uhh...I never said you were overthinking it.

The 12 old guys have more experience. Pop Parkman was supposed to be a threat. It's pretty simple.

I'm not surprised by it...the show does stupid stuff all the time. Sylar surviving a sword through the heart for example. But that doesn't mean it can't be mentioned just like all the other random stuff that gets mentioned.

wow, could the whole Kensei/Adam twist be any more predictable?

Mohinder is such a damn idiot. I hope the gun recoils and shoots his ass.
QFT

I can't decide if we are supposed to think he is an idiot, or if it is just plain bad writing. He really annoyed me in the first season (first when he suddenly went from obsessiving over pop's work to blowing it off then back again, then when he was hanging out with Sylar for so long). I thought things had improved, but last night - argh: why is he suddenly freaking out about HRG killing a guy and being worried about his family?

I want to like Mohinder, I really do, but they keep writing his character like a freakin moron. :cmad:

QFT

I can't decide if we are supposed to think he is an idiot, or if it is just plain bad writing. He really annoyed me in the first season (first when he suddenly went from obsessiving over pop's work to blowing it off then back again, then when he was hanging out with Sylar for so long). I thought things had improved, but last night - argh: why is he suddenly freaking out about HRG killing a guy and being worried about his family?

I want to like Mohinder, I really do, but they keep writing his character like a freakin moron. :cmad:

Well all the Mohinder hate is sure ignoring one part HRG was more than willing to sacrifice him and he got that feeling from the last call and then to find out he killed his mentor and is being sloppy well he has reasons to be worried about HRG and Bob.
The difference is Bob straight up told him we need you as our moral compass as he knows they do some shoddy things and they need someone like Mohinder to keep them in line while HRG is telling him to do things against his nature like be a killer.

Well all the Mohinder hate is sure ignoring one part HRG was more than willing to sacrifice him and he got that feeling from the last call and then to find out he killed his mentor and is being sloppy well he has reasons to be worried about HRG and Bob.
The difference is Bob straight up told him we need you as our moral compass as he knows they do some shoddy things and they need someone like Mohinder to keep them in line while HRG is telling him to do things against his nature like be a killer.

Yeah. A little too much HRG nut swinging going on.

Good points.

I think it's just somewhat contrived writing at this point - probably with both characters. I thought the scene a week or two ago when Mohinder called up HRG freaking out about the company wanting him to inject Monica with the virus, and HRG telling him to just do it, was a little over the top: I thought it made Mohinder look stupid for calling up HRG asking for help (what's HRG supposed to do, hold his hand the entire time? rush back from the Ukraine?), and HRG look stupid for simply suggesting Mohinder inject her, when he could have said something less harsh, like 'look, Mohinder, you'll have to improvise - pretend to inject her, talk Bob out of it, whatever - I can't help you.'

And now this week with Mohinder accusing HRG of seeing him as expendable, and HRG - instead of allaying that fear - responds with 'I'm protecting my family!' (which is basically a 'yes, you are expendable').

I really can't stand writing that makes characters act ridiculously in order to get a plot point accomplished (ie Mohinder potentially shooting HRG).

wow, could the whole Kensei/Adam twist be any more predictable?

Yeah, saw that one coming several light-years away.

I'm glad Hiro's out of the past and Peter is out of the future however. I'm hoping things will pick up a lot from this point.

Oh, and I still hate West and hope he gets sucked into a 747 engine.

:huh: Uhh...I never said you were overthinking it.

I'm not surprised by it...the show does stupid stuff all the time. Sylar surviving a sword through the heart for example. But that doesn't mean it can't be mentioned just like all the other random stuff that gets mentioned.

yeah I never understood how sylar could take sword through the chest, Matt about 5 bullets to the chest and HRG shoot in the liver or something yet DL took one bullet and the guys dead. Granted he was bleeding alot but still it was pretty lame.

I am also wondering about the snowfall in FL. Maybe that's Mama Petrelli's power.

yeah I never understood how sylar could take sword through the chest, Matt about 5 bullets to the chest and HRG shoot in the liver or something yet DL took one bullet and the guys dead. Granted he was bleeding alot but still it was pretty lame.

1. Stabs are easier to recover from, because there is no piece of metal bouncing around inside you, turning your insides to mush. This is how the most lethal types of non-explosive rounds usually kill: It "mushrooms" inside you, and spreads shrapnel all over the place.
  2. Matt's "shot" to the chest was caused by Sylar telekinetically tossing them back to Matt. It had at least enough force to break skin but, considering he was sort of busy at the time, it might not have carried lethal force. Also, the slugs wouldn't have the spin only a gun-barrel can provide. The spin provides better direction and penetrating power to a slug.
  3. HRG was shot in an area specifically designed for him to survive from.
  4. Just as I described above, you never know how a slug will bounce around inside your body. Even if it is just a shot to the shoulder, an unfortunate deflection of one of your bones can send a sliver of metal straight into your heart.
Besides, I am optimistic that all this might be conclusively explained next week. :ninja:

I am also wondering about the snowfall in FL. Maybe that's Mama Petrelli's power.

Well. They might have had an Iceman among them that managed to freeze the stormclouds, or at least the precipitation coming from them.

Yeah we need to find out what Mama Petrelli power is already, its getting pretty nuts.

This was such a great episode, I love the way this arc is going about. ITs going to get real messy when all of them end up in the same place.

Also this goes back to chapter 1 about saving the cheerleader, twist after twist, this series has sparked my attention ten fold.

MATT PARKMAN is the shiznit. He is really developing into a strong character.

Hiro looks good, looks like he has lost weight also, looks extremely fit, he was the better swordsman after all, I loved that fight between him and Adam.

Peter needs to get some control of his powers, he left someone in the future, and that most really suck.

thats all for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"