• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chapter 7: "Out of Time" Discussion 11/5/07

The writers stated that Angela Petrelli's power was that she could get from Point A to Point B a lot faster than Hiro. Many assumed that she had super speed. I think in actuality, her power is a higher evolved version of Hiro's ability.

You think so huh? Nice Theory, though I would have guessed his father had his power not Angela. Time will tell though.

There is so much they could do with Hiro evolving his powers though. I'd like to hope that he'd be able to teleport without having to close his eyes. I can understand closing his eyes when he has to travel through time cause that would need higher concentration.

If any of yall have ever seen the movie Shinobi:Heart under blade the character Gennosuke has the ability to slow down time giving himself the ability to attack his foes with extreme speed. I've always imagined Hiro being able to do that also.

-Æ-;13177998 said:
There is so much they could do with Hiro evolving his powers though. I'd like to hope that he'd be able to teleport without having to close his eyes. I can understand closing his eyes when he has to travel through time cause that would need higher concentration.

If any of yall have ever seen the movie Shinobi:Heart under blade the character Gennosuke has the ability to slow down time giving himself the ability to attack his foes with extreme speed. I've always imagined Hiro being able to do that also.

Bullet Time Sword Slashing power!

He starts pulling out his sword then you blink and he's behind you in a slashing position and a dozen dudes fall down dead cause he's just taken them out faster than the eye can see.

That's very anime and very cool. They should do that. :woot:

You think so huh? Nice Theory, though I would have guessed his father had his power not Angela. Time will tell though.

The reason I think this, is because Hiro can get to point A to B, but only in the general sense, and sometimes he is off the mark. He's getting better though. Angela seemed to zero in right where Peter was exactly in the episode in order to find him.

I might be off, but that's my view of things based on the information at hand.

You guys realise if Linderman was still alive, he could save the world.

You guys realize if Linderman was still alive, he could save the world.

Very true, yet there is Claire also, and Peter can regen also yet I think Peter can only obtain the primary abilities of others powers, and cannot develop any of their secondary abilities.

Not unless someone else shows up with the ability to heal others, then there will be no need to capture Claire.

Does anyone else think HRG is going a little crazy? I mean in my perspective this virus is going to get out of control, and I think combining dna with Claire and Mohinder might be able to form an ultimate variant to cure the virus indefinitely.

Well. They might have had an Iceman among them that managed to freeze the stormclouds, or at least the precipitation coming from them.
but Bob said it could've easily been a tsunami, didn't he?

Good ep things are really heating up now!

and adam! didnt see that coming :p

Good points.

I think it's just somewhat contrived writing at this point - probably with both characters. I thought the scene a week or two ago when Mohinder called up HRG freaking out about the company wanting him to inject Monica with the virus, and HRG telling him to just do it, was a little over the top: I thought it made Mohinder look stupid for calling up HRG asking for help (what's HRG supposed to do, hold his hand the entire time? rush back from the Ukraine?), and HRG look stupid for simply suggesting Mohinder inject her, when he could have said something less harsh, like 'look, Mohinder, you'll have to improvise - pretend to inject her, talk Bob out of it, whatever - I can't help you.'

And now this week with Mohinder accusing HRG of seeing him as expendable, and HRG - instead of allaying that fear - responds with 'I'm protecting my family!' (which is basically a 'yes, you are expendable').

I really can't stand writing that makes characters act ridiculously in order to get a plot point accomplished (ie Mohinder potentially shooting HRG).

Excellent points and I hope and feel they will clear them up for us in the up coming episodes will make sense of it as it does seem a bit contrived but I have faith in there writers.

guess I am a blind fan :)

-Æ-;13178249 said:
Very true, yet there is Claire also, and Peter can regen also yet I think Peter can only obtain the primary abilities of others powers, and cannot develop any of their secondary abilities.

Not unless someone else shows up with the ability to heal others, then there will be no need to capture Claire.

Does anyone else think HRG is going a little crazy? I mean in my perspective this virus is going to get out of control, and I think combining dna with Claire and Mohinder might be able to form an ultimate variant to cure the virus indefinitely.

Yes I agree and think the pressure is making him sloppy as said by Bob.
so its not to much of a stretch to think hes losing it a bit.

but Bob said it could've easily been a tsunami, didn't he?

Aye he did say that

I think the way he explained how Adam Monroe is kind of reminded me of Magneto

No way, they gave Niki the virus? Just when she started getting interesting again. I was looking forward to her kicking ass but they made her even more useless.
Other than that it was a freaking great episode! I think i'm gonna like Adam. It seems like he could be a a very cool villain. Will he use the name Kane as an alias?

No way, they cured Niki? Just when she started getting interesting again. I was looking forward to her kicking ass but they made her even more useless.
Other than that it was a freaking great episode! I think i'm gonna like Adam. It seems like he could be a a very cool villain. Will he use the name Kane as an alias?

I doubt the name Kane will ever come into play. Either it's something they dropped, or more likely it was an incorrect source. Afterall, the same source said he could control bugs.

Heh, anyone else kind of happy Irish girl got left in apocolyptic future?

hell yeah!

Claire's the only safe one. Hayden's confirmed she's signed on for a full five seasons. Personally, I think Peter, Niki and HRG are going to die this season.

surely if hayden has that contract so will others especially milo! Personally i want claire gone- she bores the hell out of me. Only HRG can save her from uselessness. Why does nikki have to go instead?:csad:

I hope that Heroes learns something from great shows like buffy & Angel. Those shwos had me hooked from day one because I learned early on that the characters I loved could literally die at any moment unexpected.

This gave real weight to the decisions and dangers they were in. I knew that a character wasn't safe just because the actors name was in the opening. Made the show a helluva lot more exciting.

exactly. Buffy even killed a scooby in the very first episode which really set the tone!

She's boning Milo. Both of you probably look like mince meat compared to him, no means to insult, but the man is delicious with no shirt on. <_<

QFT!!!! *drools*

Wow, I completely overlooked that whole weather manipulation power. I mean, at the time there was so much going on I didn't really have time to ponder who it could have belonged to.

However, I did have somewhat of an epiphany last night. The virus plot this season sorta reminds me of "Days of Future Past" the popular X-Men story.

"Arriving back in his future, it first seemed to Bishop that nothing had changed and that the world was still as he had left it, but he soon discovered that something had changed - a deadly plague now raged across the world, engineered by the ancient mutant, Apocalypse. Travelling back in time once more to stop the virus, Bishop succeeded, but the X-Men perished in the effort."

I wonder if the virus will be cured like in the animated show when Bishop infected Wolverine with the virus and then his mutant healing factor creates a cure? Will Adam be infected by time traveler Hiro/Peter and made to save the world against his will? :huh:

that is exactly what i was thinking!

I really like the actor who plays Kensei/Adam :up: :heart:

i really agree! He is so charming even i agree with him!

It sounds a little bit stiff at times. Its quite good though. If he was a contempory character he would sound a little out of place because he talks very queens englishy which not many people talk like any more in england but it works in template his from a few centuries ago where it was normal to talk like that.

It depends on where you go- look at keira knightly's voice. That is so RP its crazy!

No and she's not turning into Jessica anymore either :cmad:

Heh, anyone else kind of happy Irish girl got left in apocolyptic future?

I like that she's gone, but I dont like that Peter's obviously gonna have to spend time getting her back. I highly doubt he'll just forget about her and move on.

So is Adam the one that took Hiro's dad off the roof? We know that he swore to make Hiro pay, blah, blah, blah..and we know he could have easily survived the fall off the building?

This isn't really relevant to the episode, but I just got off the phone with the Dell Technical support and you'll never guess the name of the tech who helped me?

SHANTI!

I almost asked her about her brother Mohindur then decided against it. :o

Even though I read spoilers of what's to come, I still loved last night's episode. Kensei/Adam Monroe has become my favorite new character this season and the twist at the end was great. As much as I liked the Japan story with Hiro, it's cool to see him back in the present time. As much as it's looking like Adam might be evil, I hope he turns good somewhere down the line. Next week's episode looks good too. I can tell it's the episode a few fans wanted.

the guy from Hiro's story just came to the present and introduced hismelf as Adam. Um whats the deal with Adam? I missed that name before

Adam is immortal. It was revealed a week ago. That's how he survived and lived so long.

Honestly, Kensei/adam monroe has been my favorite this season. But Elle will be a close second. unfortunately, i don't think she was in this episode. :csad:

Same here.

-Æ-;13177998 said:

That would be so awesome. :up:

-Æ-;13177998 said:

they prob won't do that though cause it takes the sexy out of super speed.

they prob won't do that though cause it takes the sexy out of super speed.

Well thats where I think the fight will be really good between a character that has super speed, and a character that can control time.

See the character with superspeed is actually breaking the time barrier itself, thus in many ways giving him the upperhand agaisnt a character that can stop time.

I think even if hiro was able to stop time on a character moving at extremely fast speeds, that the speedy character will punch a hole in whatever they are attempting to do.

It would be a good fight though.

Also it was proven in the episode that they didn't cure Nikki, she still flung Mohinder a few feet with a close up punch, and destroyed a door with without blinking an eye.

She did inject herself with the shanti virus though, so I doubt she'll be doing anymore super stuff until they get ahold of Claire.

-Æ-;13181315 said:
Also it was proven in the episode that they didn't cure Nikki, she still flung Mohinder a few feet with a close up punch, and destroyed a door with without blinking an eye.

She did inject herself with the shanti virus though, so I doubt she'll be doing anymore super stuff until they get ahold of Claire.

They did cure Niki. It didn't work the second time because the virus mutated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"