The Dark Knight Rises How many years should WB wait before making a Batman reboot?

Being biased since I don't care about a new reboot...I voted 11 years or more, lol.

I honestly see the reboot being placed for a Justice League type of universe and I don't think Warner Brothers is even ready for that.

Anymore than 4 years is too long. And for once I'd like to see multiple villains in it that aren't teaming up.

Joker and Two-Face didn't team up.

Last edited:
5 years for a film reboot, 2+ years for a TV reboot.

Joker and Two-Face didn't team up.
Two while technically is multiple, I don't count as multiple. I want there to be threats around town each with their own motivations and not working together.

Two while technically is multiple, I don't count as multiple. I want there to be threats around town each with their own motivations and not working together.

Having a wide range of villains could make for one cluster**** of a movie though. I wouldn't recommend it.

Is Man of Steel set in the DCCU (DC Cinematic Universe)?

Nolan says no, Snyder says no, but who knows really. With Warner Brothers really pushing for some kind of universe like that after TDKR, it's hard to tell just yet. If WB keeps moving forward, I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak something into MoS to suggest a bigger universe.

I can't say a good writer could even do that. If we want some development for the characters, I couldn't see more than two villains having their own agenda.

But, I agree we both disagree, lol.

A minimum of 5 years. I hope we get the chance to have a period of time to look back and reflect on the nolan franchise before were force fed the new incarnation and are told to forget the old franchise.

TASM should be looked to as the blueprint of how not to go forward with the hypothetical reboot.

Who takes it over and when should be very interesting and I would say 4-5 years after TDKR sounds reasonable. I love how Nolan has set the bar high with this trilogy, and hopefully has inspired the next great CBM maker to try to top what he has accomplished over the last 7 years.

A minimum of 5 years. I hope we get the chance to have a period of time to look back and reflect on the nolan franchise before were force fed the new incarnation and are told to forget the old franchise.
I'd say they should look more how BTAS followed the Burton movies. It was heavily inspired by it, but it took it's own direction closer to the comics but felt free in adaptation without worrying about movie canon.
TASM should be looked to as the blueprint of how not to go forward with the hypothetical reboot.
I think we should reserve judgment on that until the movie comes out, but from the trailers alone, I'll say they're doing it correctly.

I just don't like how everybody seems to think its cool to be ***tting on the raimi franchise now. When aside from S3 nobody seemed to have problems witht he 1st 2 spider-man films until just now.

Which is why i agree when there is a resuming of the batman films they should follow a very loose continuity with the past films as opposed to what TASM is doing. I still stick with 5 years however minimum.

I just don't like how everybody seems to think its cool to be ***tting on the raimi franchise now. When aside from S3 nobody seemed to have problems witht he 1st 2 spider-man films until just now.
No, there were definitely those not pleased with the Raimi movies, they were just overshadowed by the lovers.
Which is why i agree when there is a resuming of the batman films they should follow a very loose continuity with the past films as opposed to what TASM is doing.
And I'd be fine with that, as much as I dislike Nolan's films as Batman films.

I think 5 - 6 years minimum. Especially as it's only 4 since the last film from the trilogy.

Is Man of Steel set in the DCCU (DC Cinematic Universe)?
For now there doesn't exist one, i heard people saying that Zack Snyder said The Man of Steel would be set in its oun universe like Nolan's Batman films, so it doesn't seem probable

For now there doesn't exist one, i heard people saying that Zack Snyder said The Man of Steel would be set in its oun universe like Nolan's Batman films, so it doesn't seem probable

So what's this news about a JL movie coming in a few years? Lol

I would love to see JLA live-action done but it has to have right script and right actors if WB rush this could a disastrous move like Batman & Robin.

So what's this news about a JL movie coming in a few years? Lol

You haven't heard of WB pushing forward with a "DCCU"? The new Batman will supposedly be towards that, and MoS could likely have something to show that unless Nolan and Snyder put their foot down in keeping their Superman in their own universe.

I would rather see a movie far away from Nolan's continuity, meaning a Batman Beyond type of thing, even though I don't really like it. (Not a fan of Nightwing) But an older Batman in his 50's against some of his more fantastical villains. So something that stands apart from Nolan's movies. Of course that isn't going to happen because WB want someone they can put in a JL-movie.
If they go with the older Batman I see no reason why it can't be made within 3-4 years. If they do a total reboot in order to make Justice League, I would prefere that they waited longer.

Last edited:
In Nolan's Access Hollywood interview they asked about a Catwoman spinoff. I would love it, and I'd bet Bale would come back as Wayne for a smaller but still sufficient role in it. Would be a good way for WB to hold off on a reboot. And they owe us for not making the Michelle Pfeiffer one and letting that turn into CINO.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/chri...y-should-get-a-catwoman-spinoff_article_67012

“For me, Gotham and these characters, I’m done. I’ve told our story and I’m moving on,” he told Access, explaining that he’d love to see Anne play the character again under another director’s guidance. “I certainly think she deserves it, she’s incredible.”

Last edited:
I really do not think a reboot should be done.

A reboot implies that the series before it had several flaws and therefore, the franchise needs to be redone.

This Batman series is great, and Hollywood does not need more.

If it's just for Justice League, well too bad, WB should have thought of that when they chose Nolan to direct these films. Unless of course they can just convince Christian Bale to play Batman in it.

In that case do not make a reboot. In any case, imo.

I really do not think a reboot should be done.

A reboot implies that the series before it had several flaws and therefore, the franchise needs to be redone.

This Batman series is great, and Hollywood does not need more.

If it's just for Justice League, well too bad, WB should have thought of that when they chose Nolan to direct these films. Unless of course they can just convince Christian Bale to play Batman in it.

In that case do not make a reboot. In any case, imo.

That doesn't mean the previous serie is bad. It just means they want to create a new and different artistic take on the character. Which I'm totally fine with.

You haven't heard of WB pushing forward with a "DCCU"? The new Batman will supposedly be towards that, and MoS could likely have something to show that unless Nolan and Snyder put their foot down in keeping their Superman in their own universe.

I read an article recently that stated that DC would be ready to lay out their plans for future movies about a month after TDKR releases.

I think a good idea for DC is to do the Batman vs. Superman movie they were planning before. If the new Superman movie is successful, they can use Henry Cavill and recast Batman, and allow that movie to setup a re-imagined Batman universe where Superman and/or Justice League would fit. I am just thinking about how successful Hulk was in Avengers with a new actor, so much so that fans are wanting a Mark Ruffalo Hulk movie. I would say a Batman/Superman movie would have even more hype than Avengers, and I am a die hard Marvel teams fan (Avengers, X-Men).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"