The Dark Knight Rises How many years should WB wait before making a Batman reboot?

One thing is for sure, I doubt if WB will wait too long for another series installment of the Batman franchise. The franchise has got to be a huge moneymaker overall. This must be true of not just the more recent Christian Bale efforts, but the various movies going back to the 89 Batman with Keaton/Nicholson. Batman is a super hero that appeals to wide variety of audience members, not a just niche audience like say Ghost Rider or Spawn. So in a profit driven world, WB won't keep one of their super star franchise characters on the sidelines for long. Besides that, it's not like DC is throwing a lot of weight behind their other characters for movie adaptions, like Marvel is currently doing. Seems to me Batman and Superman are their "go to" super heroes, although I would enjoy seeing a Justice League live action movie. If the Avengers kick butt, we just might.

If both Man of Steel and Avengers make loot, Warner Bros will forget all about Green Lantern and try and set up a Justice League film.

WB just lost their biggest cash cow since Harry Potter retired last year. Batman is now their biggest property... there will be another film within 4/5 years tops. Just like with Spider-Man.

I can't believe 3-4 years is leading the poll, since tdk itself had a delay of 4 years.

In my opinion reboots equal previously failed franchises or resurrecting long dead franchises, neither of which Nolan's batman series is.

If WB really wants to squeeze out another batman movie in 5 years or so I don't think they will launch a full reboot. They will probably find a way to keep nolan on as an exec. producer like he's doing for MOS.

Odds are they'd go with a revival instead of a reboot.

Well Jeff Robinov initially used the terms "reinvention" and "retooling" when he announced the new Batman series. But he was later asked if that meant reboot and he said yes.

How about 0 years, as in don't reboot it.

Reboots should only be done for franchises that have hit rock bottom, not transcended to unparalleled heights of quality.

You may as well ask for a reboot of LOTR, Toy Story or Bourne.

I`d be happy with shot-for-shot remakes of Nolan`s films for the next several decades, even though I know that wouldn't happen.

Haha, that was a good one! Batman is bigger than Nolan. They don't need to wait at all. It's like in the comics, each artist creat his own vision of the mythos, and that doesn't cheapens the character. Everyone can have his batman that way. We hab the fantastical Batman with Burton, the more grounded Batman with Nolan, and now will be time for another kind of movie.

So I say 2 years, and not more than 4 years before another batmovie.

4 years after TDKR. that's enough time. I don't want to wait another 8 but then we got BB. :up:

I really think Nolan should have bane completly ruin Gotham with his giant bomb or whatever he has. Turning the city from its sleek look to a dark crumbling city. It would be the perfect end bringing nolans batman to an end and paving the way to a new interpretation.
Plus it brings the no mans land style quailty to it.
If he did something like that a new batman movie could go in production as soon as possible.

3-4 years of course.

2015 sounds like a good year for me!

I don't want a reboot, but I also want to see Batman on film again. That's where a Justice League film would come in handy...

Wait for what? Just let the hype for TDKR die down (something like 6 months/1 year) and then find a good script and a good director and immediately start working on the next reboot. No point in waiting, I want more Batman and I want it as soon as possible. :cmad: lol

I would prefer a Justice League film with Batman as the lead role than a simple Batman reboot. Or I would LOVE a Batman Beyond movie!

Even better would a JLA movie that eventually ties into a Batman Beyond film. That would be epic!

3-4 if the next one is(I hope) a Batman Beyond movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
7-8 years

But i don't whant a reboot, i like to see a 4th movie (not directed by Nolan) for 2015.

Last edited:
I would think with the way they want JLA so soon it'd be 2-3 years. Maybe 4. You never know with WB/DC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"